Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2020, 05:00:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 757210
  • Total Topics: 64056
  • Online Today: 277
  • Online Ever: 4912
  • (November 13, 2019, 02:56:14 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 175
Total: 175

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Recent Results  (Read 282 times)

Offline daveR

Recent Results
« on: October 30, 2020, 11:32:16 am »
Hi All,

Just had my 4 1/2 year positive anniversary blood tests. Happy to say all is well still. CD4 count at just over 700, 41%. Undetectable still. All other blood work, including kidney function and liver function in normal range. Still taking the same two pill version of Complera, this time though to help save some money they swapped out the Truvade for Ricovir EM, half the cost. The doctor smiled when she recommended the change, said I will probably be taking them for a long time so may as well start saving. I took her comments as they were meant in a positive manner. She also said that as my CD4 count has always been normal from 6 weeks after starting treatment and I have never had a blip that my next visit in April can be my last 6 monthly one. She recommends me to switch to 12 monthly visits. I will go along with it, one advantage of living in Thailand is I can just nip down the road to a private clinic if I suddenly do get the urge to test, they send the sample to the hospital that treats me for analysis for about half the price.

Still working out, trying to turn the clock back with little success. It does seem to be getting harder to do now though. I no longer have the energy that I had a couple of years ago. Not sure if it is the virus, medication of my trying to push to much at the age of 57. Or a combination of all of them. I just keep doing what I can. Work is still a problem, oil price slump, not being able to work in the Middle East any more and lets not forget Covid. Haven't returned to work since March due to travel restrictions and quarantines. Hopefully life will return to normal soon as being self employed, lack of income is an issue.

All in all though, I can't really complain. I hope everybody else on here is doing OK too.

Dave

Offline Mindless

Re: Recent Results
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 10:28:43 am »
Hi Dave,

Nice to hear from you and that the health is good. Not sure you remember me but I live on Thailand too. You helped me a lot during my first months in. Thank you again.

Iím on generic Complera too (Red Cross) but as other options are/will be available at TRCAC Iím considering a switch. Thereís a thread about that if youíre interested (generic DTG in Thailand).

I wish you the best for your work. Iím 51, so I know something about getting old 😉

Hugs

Offline daveR

Re: Recent Results
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 09:43:18 pm »
Thanks Mindless,
Glad I have managed to help somebody on the forum, it is what it is all about in the end.

I considered raising the DTG subject with my Doctor, I saw on here that the generic version is available and reasonably priced in Bangkok. I decided to leave it for now until this Covid mess is over. Just incase for any reason there is a supply issue, I can't see why there would be but you never know, concerns were being raised in the early weeks.

Hope you are doing well now.
Dave

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2020 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.