Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2020, 01:57:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 756136
  • Total Topics: 63914
  • Online Today: 255
  • Online Ever: 4912
  • (November 13, 2019, 02:56:14 am)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 84
Total: 87

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: My risk for HIV/AIDS  (Read 212 times)

Offline sagarmatha12

• Standard
My risk for HIV/AIDS
« on: September 16, 2020, 12:32:21 am »
Hello Everyone !!
Sorry for my English as I am not a Native Speaker .

On dated, 16th December, 2019 I had a sex with High Risk CSW in South Korea.
Firstly, she cleaned my Penis with wet tissue and did a handjob for 20 sec to make  errection and after I was 90% errect the put the condom and did  suck my penis for 1o sec to make more errection. From reading 1000s to post, I m sure that this was not a risk at all for Hiv.
Then we continue to have a protected virgina sex. Acutally I wasent getting fully errected and loose my interest . After like 3 mins when I looked at my penis, the condom had rolled halfway so I immediately pulled it back and changed the posation to doggy and again lastly she was riding. Again reading the 1000s post I came to knew that the head is covered sex becomes protected ) Although, by changing different posation also I wasent really enjoying so I told her to stop and she removed the condom and  she started to do handjob and after 1 min the task was completed . As I am fully aware that, removing the condom and doing handjob by her was also not a risk because hiv cannot live outside the living host and hiv is only transmitted only inside the two human bodies.

We did sex on 16th December, 2019 and exjectly after 3 Months, 16th March, 2020 suddenly I felt like somethings is stuck in my throat which I felt when i sallow my sliva.  I didnt took this seriously but after a week later may be like 24th March 2020, at midnight i feels to burp but it was difficult to burp and after 2 days i started alot of burping like 6-10 times in a hour. Due to lockdown here in my country i was not able to visit doctor so i went to Pharmacy the pharmacy person said this might be acid reflux or Gerd so he have me acid reduction medicine and i took for several weeks but nothing changed. After 3 months of symptoms (July 2020) one day I thought that i may had contracted with Hiv and started learning more about hiv. My panic attacked started afterward. I got neck and shoulder pain, pins and niddle pain, night sweat for 2 days, joint pain. I am petty sure that this symptoms started after i thought I may have contracted hiv and those might be due to stress. I read alot of post and learned about hiv and I myself felt that I have a protected sex and these symptoms are all because of stress but the main concern is today it almost 9 months i had sex and burping is still continued. Lump in throat went away as i controlled alot  of food but burping in every 10 mins. There is a red scratches back of my throat also but it does not hurt.
The main thing I am afraid Is could Condom have broken or got tore back side of the penis head (front part seems intack as i saw while she was removing after sex) because I didnt make a 360 View. Your community always says condom broken is always obvious and it does not get tinny holes or tear, as it fails leaves no doubt.

I am getting mentally ill and i know you dont discuss symptoms but please help me and i request to answer the below quesation one my one.

1) Are those my symptoms related with HIV (Stuck in throat feeling and burping)
 2) Can Hiv symptoms starts after 3 months and continues for 6 months and more.

I am really very worried so pls POZ community I request to read my post for three times and anylisis my risk .

I really appreciatate your time consedering my long message and hope to get the responce .

Thank you

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
Re: My risk for HIV/AIDS
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 12:44:10 am »
Hiya,

Sorry to hear that you are stressing. I read your post and nothing you mentioned is HIV specific. If you are still feeling unwell work with your healthcare provider to treat whatever is making you sick.

Regading your HIV risk from this encounter, you have already answered this yourself. You had sex with a condom, it did not break during the intercourse, unless you have had other sexual encounters to discuss move on with your life.

Continue to use condoms for any intercourse and test out of standard routine for STI's & HIV at least yearly.

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider starting PrEP as an additional layer of HIV protection going forward

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV?" Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline sagarmatha12

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 12:51:00 am »
I thanks so much for your Quick reply . My main Concerns are for this 2 quesation . Please jim, i know u dont discuss the symptoms but please ..
After I get the Answer of this two question, I will Happily back to my life..

1) Are those symptoms related with HIV (Stuck in throat feeling and burping)
 2) Can Hiv symptoms starts after 3 months and continues for 6 months and more.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 01:30:58 am »
I have addressed this in my post.

1)
Nothing you mentioned is HIV specific. If you are still feeling unwell work with your healthcare provider to treat whatever is making you sick.

2) Symtoms from what risk? Unless you have had other sexual encounters to discuss move on with your life. Most people have no initial symptoms whatsoever or none noticible at least, hence the advice is to continue to use condoms and test out of routine at least yearly.

Jim
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 01:36:18 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline sagarmatha12

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 01:47:59 am »
Thanks again Jim...

Very last Quesation Please,

I know I had a Condom Protected Sex and the only things that plays in my mind is after the sex, she removed the condom and condom seems not broken in front part but the thing is I didnt did 360 Degree view. Could condom have little broken or torn backside of my penis head when might caught be Hiv ? Please Jim, This will be Last Quesation .. pls

Thank you so much !!

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 03:39:16 am »
You have answered this yourself already, see:
condom broken is always obvious and it does not get tinny holes or tear, as it fails leaves no doubt.

HIV can't transmit through an intact latex or polyurethane condom. If a condom fails during the act of intercourse it's obvious to the insertive partner. There is no reason to be stressing or testing outside of standard routine as long as this obvious issue did not happen.

If this was your only sexual encounter then relax and move on with your life.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2020 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.