Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2020, 05:15:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 757210
  • Total Topics: 64056
  • Online Today: 277
  • Online Ever: 4912
  • (November 13, 2019, 02:56:14 am)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 171
Total: 173

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Clinic Vist Yesterday  (Read 722 times)

Offline Loa111

Clinic Vist Yesterday
« on: September 10, 2020, 05:43:35 am »
Had my latest clinic visit yesterday. It was good to see it operating nearly as normal, all the doctors back (who'd been seconded to Covid wards in recent months). Only difference was social distancing, masks etc as would be expected.

I felt like a car in for an overhaul I'd that much done  lol  ;) bloods taken, plus extra bloods which they said were tested and used for the future if a Covid vaccine becomes available and how it might effect poz people. Good to see them doing that. They even offered me a free pee test for STIs which must be a new service at my clinic.

Plus I got a booster shot for the Hep vaccine, and the first shot (1 of 3) of the HPV vaccine, which is good to have. Shots in the arm which is aching, & I do feel a bit tired & headachy today though, must be after effects of shots.

Got loaded up with meds for 4 months, and back in 2 months circa November for the flu vaccine & next HPV shot.

They even sent me down for a Chest xray as I have been a bit wheezy breathing recently. Lol so you can see why I said I felt like a car in for an overhaul! :)

All is well, and will be a couple of weeks to hear bloods results.
Great to see things back working as normal there.

Online Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
Re: Clinic Vist Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 05:56:28 am »
Glad to hear all is well, asides for the wheezing, hope that clears soon.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Loa111

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 08:19:06 am »
Thank you Jim. They tell me I've mild asthma, which was discovered after PCP cleared. Personally I suspect it's acid reflux at night, which can cause wheezing, & I mentioned it to them yesterday. Might as well get value out of the clinic visit lol/  8)

Offline Diagnosedat50

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 10:31:48 am »
I'm glad to hear that you were finally able to get to the clinic. I myself have had my follow-up visit, originally planned for April, rescheduled three times due to COVID-related issues. I totally get why it's been happening, but as someone still in his first year since the diagnosis, it's been a bit unnerving at times.

I've been feeling good, and all my recent blood work numbers came back great, but I still want to hear from the doctors that everything is where it should be.

Offline multifan

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 01:54:11 pm »
Loa111, what are your CD4s, so your doc can vaccinate you against HBV? My doc claims I can't get a vaccine when I have CD4 220, it is too low and there won't be a response.
I'm afraid about co-infection.
OI - CNS Toxoplasmosis, oral candidiasis
17/05/2018  CD4 - 27  VL 188.000 Dexamethasone i.v., Sulfadiazine 2x3g, Daraprim 75mg, Leucovorin 15mg 1xd, Azithromycinum 1xweek 600mg
31/05/2018  start Triumeq
21/06/2018  discharge from hospital
08/07/2018  CD4 - 124  VL 37 Sulfadiazine 1.5g2xd, Daraprim 50mg 1xd, discontinue Azithromycinum
14/08/2018  CD4 - 110 11%
10/10/2018  CD4 -  94  9% 
16/10/2018  CD4 - 154 VL <20
16/11/2018  CD4 - 180 VL<20
20/01/2019 CD4 140 VL<20
29/06/2019 CD4 220 VL <20 13%
29/08/2019 CD4 180  13%
25/09/2019 CD4 220  14%  CD4/CD8 0.31 discontinued Daraprim/Sulfadiazine
18/05/2020 CD4 220 12%
21/08/2020 VL - 39

Offline harleymc

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 07:23:53 am »
My cd4s only recently passed 200.  I have had about 8 shots for hbv.  Low levels of antibodies but my tells should have good memory of hbv.

Offline Loa111

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 07:49:01 am »
My last CD4 a few months back was 222 (previous 241) but have not results yet from
Last weeks visit.

Obviously doc things my CD4s are enough to start HPV vaccination. The other shot was a Hep booster because the hep vaccination from when I was close to 200 was low in blood and needed a boost.

I was very tired and felt funny n headachy for a few days after those shots.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2020 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.