Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2020, 04:43:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 756178
  • Total Topics: 63920
  • Online Today: 233
  • Online Ever: 4912
  • (November 13, 2019, 02:56:14 am)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 191
Total: 193

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: How long can some one stay on same regime  (Read 508 times)

Offline pinkadam2

• Standard
How long can some one stay on same regime
« on: August 06, 2020, 02:28:20 am »
Hello Lovely people

Hope you all are doing well and keeping yourself safe from Pandemic

I been on HIV meds since 2003
My First regime is Sustiva and Truvada. Later my doc switched me to Atripla which is nothing but sustiva and Truvada combined into single pill.

I moved to India in 2015 and decided to go with Indian generic version of Atripla and it did not go well. So My doctor did HIV resistance test. Tests did not show any resistance to the drug iam using. So he switched me to a different brand that produces the same drug.

Its been almost 17 years i been on the same regime. ID Doctors in india are not that good in following up new trends.

I would like to know if anything changed in treatment style in america for the people who are on Atripla.

Also how long can one stay on same regime.

Thank you all for your input

Keep safe

Offline leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: How long can some one stay on same regime
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 08:45:15 am »
Also how long can one stay on same regime.
theoretically? until a cure is developed or until you pass away from old age. ;D

If you stay daily adherent to a treatment that is working (suppressing HIV to UD, and causing no short or long term negative side effects), you could stay on that treatment regimen and never change

Of course, it depends on which meds you started on. Some people who started meds in the 90s have most likely changed to something newer. though not all. some people have been happy with their meds and haven't changed.

People change for numerous reasons though:
to reduce the cost
to reduce or remove negative side effects
to reduce the pill burden (i.e. fewer pills)
to switch to a more effective treatment

I would like to know if anything changed in treatment style in america for the people who are on Atripla.
Atripla is not considered first-line treatment any longer in America. Hopefully someone else, more knowledgeable about Atripla can chime in. I had such horrible problems with Sustiva, one of the components of Atripla, that I don't know enough about how Atripla-users have changed regimens over the years. ;)
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

Offline MitchMiller

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 02:48:57 am »
I've been on the same regimen since 2002 (Efavir + Abamune L).  I use Cipla generics.  The only change was  in 2014 when I lowered the daily dose of Efavir from 600mg to 400mg based on the results of the World Health Organization's Encore 1 & 2 clinical trials. 

The trials demonstrated that a 400mg dose was equivalent in efficacy to a 600mg dose after 48 weeks (Encore 1) and after 96 weeks (Encore 2).

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(13)62187-X/fulltext

Here in the US, Mylan is selling a single tablet that is targeted toward Atripla users that want an equivalent regimen with a lower dose of Sustiva.  Lamivudine replaces emtricitabine.

https://www.symfi-lo.com/
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 03:13:25 am by MitchMiller »

Offline harleymc

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 10:30:43 pm »
How long can some one stay on same regime

It's not a competition.  You stay on a regimen while it's working and while you don't have problems with it.  There are no prizes for sticking with a remine that's no longer optimal.

Offline wardp

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 08:55:12 am »
I I agree with Mr Harley.if it ain't broke don't try and fix it.if you have no neurological or other ice effects and your blood tests are good you can continue on it.but its your choice.
Diagnosed 20,July 2017. Cd4 289, 21% vld .3,462 Started atripla 4 Aug 2017 5oct 2017 cd4 384 21%, vl ud less than 20. Switch to complera 4 Nov 2017 switched to stribild 15 the Nov. Switched to truvada efavirence 200mgx2 14 Dec 2017, 2 Feb 2018, us cd4  466, 25%  CD 8 ,595, 32%..1 may 2018
switched  to instgra truvada.7th june switched to truvada  nevirapine stavudine. .21 june switched to truvada nevirapine. X 2 a day...9 aug 2018 ud. 2n Nov 2018 CD 4. 455..22.70% 13th Nov switched  to lamivir and nevirapine  due to kidney issues...jan 10,2019 UD..may 13 2019 ud  cd4 482 28% 14th nov 2019 ud. Cd4 414 .27% cd8 444 29%,may 16 2020,ud ,cd4 741"19.62.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2020 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.