Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 10, 2020, 02:05:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 755567
  • Total Topics: 63829
  • Online Today: 242
  • Online Ever: 4912
  • (November 13, 2019, 02:56:14 am)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 214
Total: 215

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: 2 different encounters - scarified!  (Read 1249 times)

Offline The_spirit

• Standard
2 different encounters - scarified!
« on: April 26, 2020, 10:08:20 am »
Hello folks! First of all I'd like to thank you for all of your work. I respect your hard working and dedication.

I am really worried about two encounters. It is not just about the encounter itself but the things that came later on.

1. Getting penis sucked from CSW in August 2019. I remember that i came in condome, but I am not sure if there was a protection all the time while im being sucked. My memory is wrack - Its pushed deep down inside my mind. I dont remeber any blood that was involved or any cuts and sores, which doesn't mean that there weren't any. Something like 5 weeks after I had terrible cold, sore throat, but no fever, no rash nothing. 9 weeks after this very fist incident and 2 or 3 weeks after my cold went gone I took HIV test - came back negative. Now I know you dont want to talk about symptoms and I do respect that, but please understand that I just want to be very honest  so you can have the whole picture of what was going on at the time.

2. Mutual masturbation with two guys. Very briefly we were engaged in switching hands and we came separately so each guy jerked off himself. There was no scenarios such as using cum as a lube. The thing that I cant recall is if there was some others precume. It was very brief thing with switching hands. After that, lets say 3 months later or something like that I got mouth ulcer and some sores that come and go. Yesterday I got one again and I'm always thinking HIV.

Once again I am really sorry for being pain in the. . . I am just not sure how to cope with all this anxiety.

Thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 10:11:29 am by The_spirit »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
Re: 2 different encounters - scarified!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 10:11:54 am »
Hiya,

Getting your penis sucked and masturbation is not an HIV risk to you. None whatsoever.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions.  Consider starting PrEP as an additional layer of HIV prevention going forward.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as safe in terms of HIV might still pose a risk for transmission of other far easier to acquire STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

More information on HIV Basics, PEP, TaSP and Transmission can be found through the links in my signature.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM, I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline The_spirit

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 10:17:44 am »
Hi Jim,

Thank you for your fast reply. So from what you are saying there was no reason for me to take HIV test regarding first incident 9 weeks after, at the first place? But just to cover all bases what if csw had some sores in her mouth and same thing on my genitals, would be the outcome still be the same???? I'm very confused and I didn't want to seach other sites cause I know how bad it is when you feed your fears. Not good at all :(

Do I need any further HIV testing regarding these incidents?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 10:26:40 am »
Hiya

The condition of her mouth is irrelevant. It's not an HIV exposure to you, no risk, no need to test, nobody has ever been infected the way you fear, move on with your life.

Use condoms for any intercourse no exceptions and test like every sexually active adult should yearly for STI's and HIV out of standard routine.

Jim

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline The_spirit

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 10:38:08 am »
Thank you Jim! I do have one (hopefully) last question. It is regarding mutual masturbation. What if during switching hands precum of one person (lets say hiv positive person) came in contact with the tip of another guy's penis (urethra). Again I would add to this mix broken skin, sores on genitas and same goes for hands. Would that make any difference? I'm melting my brain in order to remeber as more details as possible.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 10:47:53 am »
No.

Nothing you mention about masturbation would make a risk where none existed.

You concerns lack all exposure to viable HIV and the conditions needed for the transmission of HIV, the presence of minor cuts, breaks in the skin, wounds or anything else you can think up doesn't change that. So for all these reasons and half a dozen more, I said no risk.  Nobody has ever acquired HIV the way you fear for good reason.

I am sorry that you have these fears but in short, HIV is not a concern unless you have had other sexual activities not mentioned here.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 06:56:37 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline The_spirit

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 06:56:02 am »
Thank you Jim! Well, it's in my best interest to be completly honest in order to get the most valid information that I can get. There are no any other encounters. Only these two. My fears have a lot with guilt and that stand would 100% correct. The thing is I move on and live my life and then I get mouth ulcer and some wounds in my mouth out of nowhere and that scares me big time. That is the reason why I want so hard to understand how these things regarding HIV work. It can't be ARS. But than I say after first encounter 5 weeks later I had terrible cold. Runny nose not so much cough, no fever, I coundn't talk. So when that went over 2 weeks I did HIV test (blood from vein) it was negative and that would be 9th week after the first incident, but not 13th. And thsn mind starts playing :( and after that month or less cold came back for a week or two. Everytime I got some new things like yesterday these ulcers, wounds etc in my mouth it scares the **** out of me. Thank you for understanding, please do not judge but it is so hard to deal with this. Dont know what should I say to myself??

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2020, 06:59:54 am »
guilt over what? Feeling guilty doesn't spread HIV.

Your left testicle could fall off it's not HIV from the events mentioned here. It's that simple.

I'm sorry that you feel unwell, see a MD to treat whatever is making you feel unwell and consider speaking to a therapist to help you cope with your thoughts/fears.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline The_spirit

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2020, 07:58:46 am »
Ok Jim, thank you big time! Just to sum up - from things I mentioned here - no HIV risk for any of these two events - no need for testing...correct??

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2020, 08:02:15 am »
Yup.

No HIV exposure to you, no risk, no need to test unless you have had other encounters/activities not mentioned here.

Use condoms for any intercourse no exceptions and test like every sexually active adult should yearly for STI's and HIV out of standard routine.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline The_spirit

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2020, 03:10:32 pm »
Greetings,

One question is just bugging me. Would it be realistic by any means to get mouth ulcers out of nowhere 3 months or 6 months after these exposures that I mentioned, since there are no other as body reaction to HIV??? I know ARS comes between 1 - 3 weeks after the potential exposure or 2-4 weeks. I know that we dont talk about the symptoms but pls make an exception this time. Thanks in advance!

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2020, 03:22:14 pm »
Hiya,

Asked and answered mate.

Not to be rude but your left testicle and right arm could fall off it's not HIV from the concerned incident as It simply was no HIV exposure, no HIV risk and it would be a disservice to pretend otherwise.

See a doctor to treat whatever is causing you problems, I hope you feel better soon.

Remember to use condoms for any intercourse no exceptions and test like every sexually active adult should yearly for STI's and HIV out of standard routine.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline The_spirit

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2020, 06:31:03 pm »
Hello Jim...Thank you for your honesty and very dedicated answers. I am trying my very best no to come back or even worse to get time out but my mind just finds some other scenario. Since during my first incident (insertive oral sex with protection as far as I remember, but lets say for the moment there wasn't any) there was no visible blood from CSW lady. Would the outcome  be any different for me in terms of catching HIV if she would have sores (lets say meth mouth) and if there would be similar sitiation on my genitals?????

P.s. I promise I'll try to post questions as rare as possible...Thank you in advance!

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2020, 07:02:16 pm »
Hiya,

Asked and answered already.

Getting your penis sucked is not an HIV risk to you, regardless of the condition of her mouth. Receiving a blowjob simply lacks exposure and has too many barriers, hence nobody has ever acquired HIV the way you fear.

The condition of her mouth is irrelevant. It's not an HIV exposure to you, no risk, no need to test, nobody has ever been infected the way you fear, move on with your life.

No HIV exposure to you, no risk, no need to test unless you have had other encounters/activities not mentioned here.

Look I'm sorry that you are having fears but I'm unwilling to pretend what you are posting is an HIV risk, it would be a disservice to you and the community if I did.

Finally, allowing you to continue posting your fears about non-existent exposures is not helping you. So out of kindness and, to encourage you to seek face to face support to help you cope with your thoughts, posting about non-existent HIV risks again will result in a ban from the forum.

Wishing you well.

Best, Jim

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 07:22:11 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline The_spirit

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2020, 07:30:01 pm »
Thank you Jim. You are very polite. I am very honest person. I do have a problem that other people call HIVophobia and I will treat that thing so help me God. Poz.com was the only web site I turned to in order to get my answers since from what I saw  you are direct and very dedicated people. What I see as the bigest problem is so much fear, ao much stigma, so much drama and emotional behavior among the people when it comes to HIV that many people can't see these things logicaly. You did answer most of my questions and I know I am not the only one posting these these type of questions. I did my homework and I read everything here I could before even getting registered. 99% of people asked what if her/his mouth have this what if that. But I've never seen anyone asked what if both sides have some sort of herpes like oral herpes and genital herpes during oral, same goes for sores in mouth and warts on genitas and I could go on and on. My intends are not to keep posting here 24/7 which btw I am not doing, but to gain knowledge and to understand what is possible and what is SCI - FI regarding HIV infection. I am visiting my therapist already so I do not expect form you guys that thing and I knoh you guys are not doing that. The only reason I am returning here is when something (stupid or not) comes across my mind that I never saw being answered. I am really sorry about this novel. So...I promise I will try to stay away from this forum after your next answer. So, tu sum up. Getting blowjob would not pose any risk even if both sides have oral/genital herpes, warts,sores, breaks cuts at the same time during the act?????

Thank you Jim, you are very kind for not giving me already permanent ban. I respect that
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 07:32:28 pm by The_spirit »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2020, 07:35:37 pm »
Asked and answered already.

It's also been asked plenty by other people. Now, you might be very polite ill give you that but I'm not going to continue. Wishing you all the best with the therapist, I mean that.

To help you though I am giving you as promised a ban.

Remember to reduce your HIV risks use condoms for any intercourse no exceptions and, test like every sexually active adult should yearly for STI's and HIV out of standard routine.

Best, Jim.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 07:40:22 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2020 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.