Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2020, 02:48:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 754530
  • Total Topics: 63691
  • Online Today: 238
  • Online Ever: 4912
  • (November 13, 2019, 02:56:14 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 80
Total: 80

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ryan White / ADAP Reauthorization  (Read 405 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Joined forum Dec/2003 Living positive, since 1985.
Ryan White / ADAP Reauthorization
« on: April 01, 2020, 08:54:59 pm »
Hey all,...

I'm sure as everyone knows, If you are on Ryan White , you need to reauthorize every 6 months.

I am due to renew May 4th, but I usually do this about a week and a half in advance.
I walk in for this renewal  on Mondays and/or Thursdays.

I have to drive down to St. Petersburg, and speak with a case worker face to face, show some documents , sign a couple papers and be on my way.

The entire process, takes about 20 minutes to do. The drive down there takes 35 minutes.

I decided to call down there yesterday, and ask if re-authorization changes are taking place because of COVID-19. It could be disastrous to have 15 or 20 people in the waiting room, waiting for a face to face 6 month renewal.  She agreed.

The woman I spoke told me they are operating on a short staff, and that other changes are in the works.

Long story short, She asked me if I can email her all the documents needed to reauthorize.  I said no problem. 

She informed to call her in about 3 weeks, she gave me her personal number, at that point she will give me her email address so I can attach 9 different documents to her, so I can be renewed.  I've done this many times ( Twice a year) so I know exactly what to send her.

So I have all my documents scanned and saved, Just waiting for 3 weeks, to get her email address and send them on my way.

This is the cover email I will send her:

In regards to our conversation on 3/31/2020, I am sending you this information for Re authorization purposes of ADAP/Ryan White. Just an FYI,  I receive all my Healthcare and Medications though the VA Health Care System. ( Primary and Infectious Disease) The only services I receive through ASAP/ADAP is Dental care, through ALPHA DENTAL in St. Petersburg.

Please find attached in this Email, 9 ( Nine ) Different scans of Documents required for re authorization of Ryan White/ ADAP.  If anything else is required please let me know, such as Social security card, or Voting Card.

Would I be receiving from you through Email, a new NOTICE OF ELIGIBILITY Paper, with a new Re-determination date for the next re authorization date, for me to sign, date and send back to you ?

Attached are  the Following:

Scan # 1 -- Is a copy of my last appt. for my Primary care DR. ********, through the VA healthcare system.  This appt. took place on December 23rd, 2019.

Scan #2-- Is a copy of my last HIV lab appt, card, that took place on Friday March 13th, 2020.

Scan# 3-- Is my appointment with infectious disease at Bay Pines to discuss latest labs taken on March 13th, 2020.

Scan# 4-- Is the result of HIV labs taken of March 13th, 2020. CD-4 and Viral load results.

Scan# 5-- Is a letter from the VA ( Affordable care Act) and proof of residence

Scan #--6 Is proof of Continuous Healthcare Coverage throughout year 2019.

Scan# 7-- Is from Social security for Earnings, of  $ ******** Dollars Per month for 2020. This became effective with increase in Social Security,  starting January of 2020.

Scan # 8-- was total social security paid to me in 2019 of  $ ********.

Scan# 9 -- Is more proof of address, and medications mailed to me on or about February 10th, 2020.

Thank you -- ***************

Anyway--- If you are on Ryan white and you need to reauthorize soon you may want to call and see what changes may be in the future because of COVID-19 so you can prepare beforehand.

Stay Well---Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom , 20 mg of Atorvastatin, 25 mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Amlodipine Besolate 5mg-- Updated 1/14/20

Diagnosed positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of March 13,20,  Viral load remains <40

CD 4 @422 /  CD4 % @ 16 %

68 years young.

Offline J.R.E.

• Joined forum Dec/2003 Living positive, since 1985.
Re: Ryan White / ADAP Reauthorization
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 06:41:03 pm »
 :)

Just giving a follow up. I reauthorized my Ryan White/ADAP, this past Thursday, and all went well and fast. And the best thing, I did it all from the comfort of my own home, didn't have to sit in a waiting room and then see someone face to face.

However, as I understood it, as of 3 days ago, they were still seeing people face to face, to renew. I also understand that many people don't have computers or the means, to do this renewal the way I did it.

I am good for another 6 months now.! Just about the time for the second wave of covid-19.

On the local front, 23 nursing homes, and/or assisted living centers, are infected with Covid -19 .  Staff and residents.   :'(   That is just here in Pinellas County, FL.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom , 20 mg of Atorvastatin, 25 mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Amlodipine Besolate 5mg-- Updated 1/14/20

Diagnosed positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of March 13,20,  Viral load remains <40

CD 4 @422 /  CD4 % @ 16 %

68 years young.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2020 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.