Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2020, 04:56:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 756140
  • Total Topics: 63915
  • Online Today: 255
  • Online Ever: 4912
  • (November 13, 2019, 02:56:14 am)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 87
Total: 90

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Zach's Thread  (Read 68456 times)

Online Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
Re: Zach's Thread
« Reply #250 on: July 09, 2016, 10:46:49 am »
Zach,

I am sorry to hear of your recent troubles, it has clearly been a rough and challenging time and that is an understatement.  I do hope you can find a way through this.

On a side note when you are not around I miss you. I know i don't comment often on your posts (Zach Patrol Posts) but they make me for one smile and laugh. Thank you.

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #251 on: July 09, 2016, 11:15:10 am »
Zach,

On a side note when you are not around I miss you. I know i don't comment often on your posts (Zach Patrol Posts) but they make me for one smile and laugh. Thank you.

Jim

Me too !!!!
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline zach

« Reply #252 on: July 09, 2016, 04:38:34 pm »
Nah yall, don't misunderstand... I just don't care about numbers anymore, I take my meds, I go to the labs... beyond that, it is what it is... I got above 200 for a few months, I'm back below again .... so what

Everything else, yeah, I won't bullshit, I'm fucking tired of it

Offline initforlife

« Reply #253 on: July 09, 2016, 08:39:00 pm »
love you Zach........... you know how to reach me if you need to vent always here for you!
sometimes it is best to say nothing at all. then to offend

Offline zach

« Reply #254 on: July 23, 2016, 07:54:03 pm »
i used to be a supervisor for habitat for humanity... i love doing it. the group of supers is a pretty tight knit community.

i went to florida when i got sick, stayed gone for a year.

when i came back i never got back in touch with them. thats on me and my conscience. now that i have community service to do, i'm taking the chance to rebuild that bridge.

i'll see them soon, get the pity hugs and worried looks i hate. oh well. still be good to reconnect with them though.

Today I learned just how selfish it was of me to disappear the way I did. People that love me, and I just walked away with no explanation. I feel like such an asshole. It was a heartless thing I did. I didn't want them to see me sick, wasted, sores covering my body, I was ashamed of myself.

I had no reason to have done that to them. I let self stigma drive me to hurt friends that have been closer than family for most of my life. It was a coward's way out. Worse, in all these years I hadn't given it a second thought.

There were hurt feelings. There were tears. But in the end I had one of the best days I've had in years today.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #255 on: July 24, 2016, 06:24:36 am »
That's good to hear Zach, I know you can use some good days.

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline zach

« Reply #256 on: August 16, 2016, 05:20:24 pm »
my clinic has transitioned over to genvoya. i filled my first bottle last month, but had a month stockpile of stribild so continued taking it. today i filled my second bottle of genvoya and just took my first dose a few minutes ago. i start this new med ahead of the game, already with a month stockpile at hand.

so far i haven't grown the third nipple i've always wanted (for reasons), my hair isn't falling out, and the voices in my head are still warning me.

take with food they say! mahi mahi fish tacos, with a spicy thai slaw. black beans and rice.

i paired my med with a tasty terrapin brewery hopsecutioner IPA. the strong citrus hops coupled with the med coating to effortlessly slide down my neck. it's a little smaller pill than stribild, little bit lighter green. still just a pill. doesn't look scary.

for an after dinner digestif i've got a fine little nugget of golden goat, lovingly smuggled from a friends trip to denver. sativa dominate medical strain, very potent cerebral high... wish i had more than a pipe full but this is what i was saving it for.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #257 on: August 16, 2016, 06:00:08 pm »

i paired my med with a tasty terrapin brewery hopsecutioner IPA. the strong citrus hops coupled with the med coating to effortlessly slide down my neck.

Great choice of beer there, IMO Terrapin does not make a bad beer.  I love all of them.   If you can find it out in your neck of the woods try Rogue Brewery's Dead Guy Ale.  It's one of the best quads I've come across.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline paintedroom

• Dx`d July 2016
« Reply #258 on: August 16, 2016, 07:08:45 pm »
Just read the full thread.

Hardly know you Zach but now i know a little more.You`ve been through the mangle more than once and deserve some gentle sailing with a warm breeze.

Wishing you well,stay strong,P.
Dx`d mid July 2016
8/8/2016 - CD4 50     VL 50,000
5/9/2016 -  CD4 150
13/9/2016  VL  undetectable.
March `17 - CD4 193   VL undetectable.
March  `18 CD4 214    VL undetectable
March 2019 CD4 325  VL UD
Genvoya

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #259 on: August 18, 2016, 01:18:50 pm »

ojo.      You are going to be fine Zach...

Offline zach

« Reply #260 on: June 03, 2020, 07:05:58 pm »
I'm good at anger, not so much the other emotions... not even sure what documentary it was, but early in my diagnosis I heard Larry speak. I had to stand up, you can't take that kind of hit to the soul sitting down. He's the first one that let me be pissed off at the virus. Fight it, that's what I needed to hear then.

That man knew how to roar.

About a week ago he called me a coward (sure sure I was stoned on haze) and that angry voice has rang in my head since.

Today I came out poz, vocal and matter of fact. And I'm going to continue.

Told the nice neighbor lady that's always known something was "off",  opened up to a cannabis tender at the dispensary. Hit a nerve with that poor guy, his only reference was memories of an uncle that passed back early 90s

I realized I dont give shit about peoples hang ups, also that a lot of the hang up was me and my own baggage. More I feel like I owe it and I'm ready to own it. I'll never dodge it again, bet

Grateful to Larry for that strength, grateful to those of you I met here when I was dx'd

Anyway, actually typed this in Larry's memorial thread, but think it'd be bad form to go on about myself there, so I dragged this old thread out off the shelf

Coming up on 10 years poz next month, figured being vocal is the least I can do. There was a time I didnt think I'd make it this far. There was a milestone at 5 years. Southern men diagnosed with AIDS living 5 years, I was a minority statistic.

Offline zach

« Reply #261 on: July 05, 2020, 10:48:28 am »
July 5, 2010 I was diagnosed.

10 years living with this.

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #262 on: July 05, 2020, 11:39:32 am »
Best wishes and continued good health to you, zach!
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2020 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.