Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2020, 12:45:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 754530
  • Total Topics: 63691
  • Online Today: 238
  • Online Ever: 4912
  • (November 13, 2019, 02:56:14 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 73
Total: 73

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Advise to write the history of lab results  (Read 1065 times)

Offline metekrop

• Is time running fast for you.
Advise to write the history of lab results
« on: February 28, 2020, 12:26:07 pm »
I am advising people here to put up the history of their lab results in the profile since it is the best that people can learn from.  I and many others are putting up our lab result starting from our first diagnosis for people to see it.  So, please people do like that.  Thank you.
Diag.on 12/8, 2000, CD 440 VL 44K, No Meds
12/08 - 2/09 CD< 50 & VL >500k hosp'z.
St. Atripla - 7/09 CD 179, VL 197k
10/09 CD 300 VL U
3/10 CD 468 U
8/10 CD 460 U
12/10 CD 492 U
3/11 CD 636 U
8/11 CD 530 U
1/12 cd 616 U
7/12 CD 640 U
12/12 CD 669 U
5/13 CD711 U
11/13 663 U
4/14 CD 797 U
10/14 CD 810 U
4/15 CD 671 U
10/15 CD 694 U
3/16 CD 768 U
8/16 CD 459 U
2/22 CD 780 U
8/31 CD 940 U
2/26 CD 809 U
8/18 CD 882 U
3/28 CD 718 U
8/15 CD 778 U
2/25 CD 920 70

Offline zach

Re: Advise to write the history of lab results
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 12:54:20 pm »
Private medical data on a public forum?! I mean if you want to do that, go ahead, but there is absolutely no obligation to.

Offline harleymc

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 05:18:39 pm »
I agree with Zach

Offline CR2016

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 06:42:35 pm »
We could write down here or not our lab historial. If we decide to do this could give an idea of the medical history for people who may live worried about their status. But, for some it is difficult for sociological reasons to expose certain things here, which is also valid and must be understood.
regards everyone!

Offline lightalltheway

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 04:48:29 pm »
I am advising people here to put up the history of their lab results in the profile since it is the best that people can learn from.

What is your hypothesis behind that the best that people can learn from?

Offline J.R.E.

• Joined forum Dec/2003 Living positive, since 1985.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 08:32:49 am »
Metekrop,

I understand what your're saying.  But I also understand that some people are a little queezy about placing their history on a forum.

It is a little easier for some of us to make responses, ( Instead of playing a game of 20 questions) especially if you can see, where the person has been in the past with their infection.

Heck,  ... You have people here that refuse to use their given names,  and some people are hesitant to say where they are even from.

If someone says I am from California or Florida ( As an Example ),  And they need Ryan white assistance, These are big states,  It's nice to narrow it down.

If someone tells post, that their from Pinellas county in Florida,  I Know exactly where to send them, for help. I've been to these places.

For myself,  I have posted a great deal of my medical history here on the forums for all to see, ( Not just CD-4 or viral load ) on just about every test or procedure that I ever had ( And the results ).

Never caused an issue for me.

But I also understand in some parts of the world, where privacy in this matter, means a lot to the individual.  Not all countries are totally accepting of HIV.

Of course, I am no computer whiz, and I have no idea, what it takes to get info from this site, and use it for bad purposes against that person,   but I think the chances are pretty nill.

I think what I have in my signature line, is more than enough.  I keep that updated regularly.

Anyway, Just my thoughts ------ Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom , 20 mg of Atorvastatin, 25 mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Amlodipine Besolate 5mg-- Updated 1/14/20

Diagnosed positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of March 13,20,  Viral load remains <40

CD 4 @422 /  CD4 % @ 16 %

68 years young.

Offline harleymc

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 09:54:19 pm »
My doctor learns stuff about my health from my medical histories and test results. I couldn't even tell a doctor a complete list of the medications I've been on.

What is someone untrained in immunology going to gain from my fragmented histories. 

Offline JosephP

• Keep looking FORWARD... Dx'd 8/10/2013...
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 09:29:20 am »
Metekrof... It is not as easy as you think. This is a condition that no one is proud of having acquired (so i believe) and to put it there, in public, to the view of many eyes is not for the faint of heart nor is advisable for everyone. Most of us have published results of our progress and maintain an informative signature line but that is the extent of our share. Therefore, I can tell you that my last labs (02/25) CD4 was at 814 and UD. But soon after diagnosed I was pathetically worried of even mentioning HIV in this forum; an HIV forum! It is best the each publishes what information they want to share.
Today January 20, 2020, I have taken 2378 pills of my ARV since first pill. This means 79 bottles of 30 pills of ARVs at an average of $3950 per bottle or $313,103 USD for my treatment. I have a compliance of 99.83% taking my meds and only .17% (or 4 pills) non-compliant. Of these four pills two I forgot completely, One I lost and one I didn't have with me while traveling! I became UD 3 months after treatment start   ***We are all dealing with this. And we will live long and productive lives!! AND, yes the Lord is my shepherd. Life is good... And thanks for the meds! ***

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2020, 10:03:55 am »
It is best the each publishes what information they want to share.

Agreed, each to their own.

My thoughts, lab results like CD4 counts don't even come close to telling the whole story. Talk to each other instead and, include relevant experience or as much history as you like in replies to people if you feel it adds value.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2020, 03:31:08 am »
Agreed, each to their own.

My thoughts, lab results like CD4 counts don't even come close to telling the whole story. Talk to each other instead and, include relevant experience or as much history as you like in replies to people if you feel it adds value.

I agree

Offline JosephP

• Keep looking FORWARD... Dx'd 8/10/2013...
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2020, 08:13:54 pm »
I agree! But remember we are humans and it is our natural tendency to compare us against everybody else! Is their house bigger? Does he have a better job? How many cars do they have? Dis she go to a better school? and so on.. And remember that soon after diagnosis, and in our panicked mode, we are kind of glued to that magic number.. 200! I actually happen to have a great ID doctor who from the beginning told me, no actually demanded, that I didn't make it the center of my existence.. She said that her 'problem' was my hiv and how to control it. Once controlled, the immune system will begin to recover for some people faster than others and that was 'genetics' and that she wasn't a geneticist..  :) :)
Today January 20, 2020, I have taken 2378 pills of my ARV since first pill. This means 79 bottles of 30 pills of ARVs at an average of $3950 per bottle or $313,103 USD for my treatment. I have a compliance of 99.83% taking my meds and only .17% (or 4 pills) non-compliant. Of these four pills two I forgot completely, One I lost and one I didn't have with me while traveling! I became UD 3 months after treatment start   ***We are all dealing with this. And we will live long and productive lives!! AND, yes the Lord is my shepherd. Life is good... And thanks for the meds! ***

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2020 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.