Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2020, 03:52:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 756158
  • Total Topics: 63918
  • Online Today: 215
  • Online Ever: 4912
  • (November 13, 2019, 02:56:14 am)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 168
Total: 169

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hi from JAPAN (again after a long absence)  (Read 741 times)

Offline DANIELtakashi

Hi from JAPAN (again after a long absence)
« on: February 11, 2020, 12:25:40 am »
Hi, all,

Again a long silence and I am sorry about that.
It was exactly six years ago that I was diagnosed; I was stupid enough not knowing I was HIV-positive until I was down with PCP.    How much I have been helped by the people on this forum for the past six years.  Thank you.    Tokyo is already in the Olympic mood.

Japanese National.
Language:  Japanese and English
Reside in TOKYO
Have visited 45 US states, DC, and Guam and Saipan.
Wishing to visit American Samoa someday.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
Re: Hi from JAPAN (again after a long absence)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 02:26:13 am »
Hi Daniel,

Good to hear from you, how are you doing? Still, working crazy long hours?

Best, Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline harleymc

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 05:50:11 am »
Hi Daniel lovely to hear from you. Glad things are going well

Offline leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 09:23:45 am »
Six years?!? Has it really been that long? Wow.  :D

Olympics? Those are this year?!? It's just been so hard to think about what's going on in the world, while we try to deal with our authoritarian President. will you be able to see any of the Olympics in person? I got to see several events at the 1980 Winter Olympics in Lake Placid. What a weird trip that was. It was for our class trip before graduation. When we first got there it was so cold and snowy. I bet everyone from our North Carolina school remembers walking/skating on a frozen lake! (lakes don't freeze down here. We hardly ever even get an ice film on top of ponds. LOL) But then it warmed up. It got so warm they had to make snow for the ski jump competitions.

glad to hear from you! don't work too hard and keep on moving forward! :)
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 01:33:54 am »
Hi, Jim, harleymc, leatherman Mikie and everyone I know on this forum.

Many thanks for your messages.
I am leading a busy life which I, six years ago, never thought would be possible.
My CD4 account is between 300 and 500 and once or twice a year I get a cold but it is always a minor one and I can get over it in a day or two.   I would really like to send my message to the newly diagnosed people - you will get recovered and will be able to to get back to your normal activities.   On January 26th 2014, I got fainted and was brought to a hospital and diagnosed with PCP.  I was told my CD4 was at 61.   When I was released from the hospital in a month, my weight was 60kg.  Now I am 77 kg.  For the following three years, I only thought that I was dying in a few years, not to mention the year 2020 but now I am here, working six days a week, enjoying going out with friends, and doing volunteer work for English-speaking tourists visiting Japan.   
Thank you again, my friends, for your great help.
Japanese National.
Language:  Japanese and English
Reside in TOKYO
Have visited 45 US states, DC, and Guam and Saipan.
Wishing to visit American Samoa someday.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2020 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.