Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2020, 05:26:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 756246
  • Total Topics: 63930
  • Online Today: 263
  • Online Ever: 4912
  • (November 13, 2019, 02:56:14 am)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 251
Total: 254

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: very scared  (Read 1584 times)

Offline mizd

• Standard
very scared
« on: February 08, 2020, 12:55:52 pm »
Hi, I'm from Italy. I'm sorry if my english isn't very good. I need help.
I had an encounter with a Sw. That's what happened:
1- she rubbed her vagina on my penis without penetration, for about 20-30 seconds.
2- she gave me oral sex with condom
3- we had vaginal sex with condom
My fears are:
concerning nr. 1, i had a pimple/ungrown hair that had broken 6 hours before on my pubis. I don't think it was bleeding at the moment but I don't checked. In everi case in Italy some doctors say genital rubbing can be a risky. In this forum it's repeatedly said that rubbing has no risk. I'm asking, is this information reported by medical evidnece? And in every case my pimple was a risk?
concerning nr. 3 at the end of the intercourse the condom was partially slipped, but the glans was covered. I'm scared that the condom broken without my noticing even if I saw it and I have not noticed anything strange.
I asked a forum managed by an association in Italy that said I'm only paranoic, but I'm still sacred, especially because another forum in Italy managed by docs says genital rubbing can be risky. Please,what do you think about it? Thank you

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
Re: very scared
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 01:17:55 pm »
Hiya,

Rubbing is no HIV risk and it makes perfect sense there has never been a documented case in over 40 years of this pandemic. Same can be said for receiving a blowjob, as for intercourse the condom riding up slightly was also no concern.

Move on with your life and stop looking for an issue you don't have. I would agree your concerns are a tad paranoid

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider starting PrEP going forward as an additional layer of protection against HIV

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as safe in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other easier to transmit STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline mizd

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 03:05:57 pm »
Thank you for your answer.
If possible I wish some information more.
As I said, some docs in Italy say tahat heavy petting, as rubbing genitlas can be risky, beacuse it's not possible to exclude that same fluids come into contact with mucosa.
Even the FAQs form Italian Health Ministry said that in the edition of past years, but in the edition of 2019 this data is not reported. So I'm confused, there's something about that in other countries' health authorities' guidelines?
Another thing. Can you confirm me thaht a broken condom is immediately visible, cause the glands remains clearly uncovered? In may case the condom was simply loppy

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 03:33:00 pm »
Hiya.

I met Doctors who think shaking hands is how HIV is transmitted ... it's not.
Now, I don't care or know why "some" Italian doctors are scaremongering or using (CYA) cover your ass publications. 

As explained rubbing against her vagina there has never been a documented case. None! Worrying about never before happened issues in life is a tad paranoid.

Firstly the fluids a woman produces when excited does not contain any viable HIV. It's a lubricating fluid produced from a separate gland, so your concern lacks exposure.

Also, HIV is fragile and once exposed outside the human body the outer receptors needed to infect you corrode leaving it unable to infect. Rubbing against (frottage) regardless of the fluid is still outside the human meaning the fluids you came into contact with were not a risk to you, in part because HIV is so fragile nobody has ever been sexually or from day to day contact infected with fluids that have first been exposed outside the body and you will not be the worlds first.

Can you confirm me thaht a broken condom is immediately visible, cause the glands remains clearly uncovered? In may case the condom was simply loppy

HIV can't transmit through an intact latex or polyurethane condom. If a condom fails during the act of intercourse it's obvious to the insertive partner. There is no reason to be stressing about intercourse ss long as this obvious issue did not happen.

Simply move on with your life, continue to use condoms and test out of routine at least yearly.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 03:43:05 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mizd

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 05:48:44 am »
Hi, I'm sorry but I'm back here because some days anxiety destroys me.
About the protected vaginal intercourse I remeber that I felt something strange, like a rubbing sensation of the glans on something hard, and I can't explain to myself what it could be...I want to ask, if this thing I felt was the condom breaking, I would surely have noticed it after the intercourse? I hope I'm only anxious.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 05:55:04 am »
It's simple if a condom fails during the act of intercourse it's obvious to the insertive partner. There is no reason to be stressing about intercourse as long as this obvious issue did not happen.

You're heading down the "what if" path of stressing or panicking everytime you have sex, it's irrational to do so and something you should prehaps consider talking to a therapist about before it gets worse.

Simply move on with your life, continue to use condoms and test out of routine at least yearly.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 11:37:44 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mizd

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 10:07:32 am »
Probably it's how you said, I'm too anxious, but let me  ask one more thing.
The condom was put by the Sw on my penis with her mouth and used both for oral and vaginal intercourse...I think that was the reason because the consom partially slipped, so I think it's better put with fingers, but I hope this don't change the fact thai if I saw the condom unbroken, it was not failed.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2020, 10:46:00 am »
Changes nothing, try to relax and stop overthinking this.

Do continue to use condoms for any intercourse, no exceptions! Test out of routine at least yearly for STI's & HIV
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mizd

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2020, 10:33:55 am »
Hi,
Sorry but after a month iím still anxious and my life quality is worsing.
What Iím overthinking... as I said at the end of the intercourse the condom wa split half a way. So Iím feraed that itís possibile that first the condom broke and then it partially skipped off, so I would not noticed the hole in the brad of the condom! Do you think itís possibile? I tried to recreate this ipotetic situation breaking a condom durino masturbation, and Iím fearing itís not so diffucult to happen

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2020, 11:36:01 am »
No.

Stop overthinking this. Testing condoms yourself is irrational, rubbing yourself is nothing like the stress condoms endure during intercourse.

Continue to use condoms for any intercourse, no exceptions! Test out of routine at least yearly for STI's & HIV. There is nothing more I can do for you in this setting.

It's simple if a condom fails during the act of intercourse it's obvious to the insertive partner. There is no reason to be stressing about intercourse as long as this obvious issue did not happen.

You're heading down the "what if" path of stressing or panicking everytime you have sex, it's irrational to do so and something you should prehaps consider talking to a therapist about before it gets worse.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 11:44:52 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mizd

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2020, 12:53:32 pm »
Thank you for your answer, let me ask one last thing, then I will not post anything more and will try to move on, and if my mind will not be able to do so, Iíll get tested.
I understand that testing condona by my self is not very rational. But how itís possible to exclcude that a condom first broke and then partially slipped? Itís because itís not compatible with the movement du ring intercourse?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2020, 01:01:31 pm »
Hiya,

Already answered, I don't do repeating myself as no matter in how many slightly different ways you ask, the answer ultimately is the same. So stop looking for issues that don't exist.

If you keep having these ongoing thoughts consider speaking to a therapist.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2020 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.