Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 08, 2019, 08:42:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 34905
  • Latest: Jolomo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 749969
  • Total Topics: 63008
  • Online Today: 780
  • Online Ever: 4912
  • (November 13, 2019, 02:56:14 am)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 634
Total: 636

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: off topic thinking exercise " the lady or the tiger ? "  (Read 923 times)

Offline em

off topic thinking exercise " the lady or the tiger ? "
« on: November 10, 2019, 03:17:35 am »
The Lady, or the Tiger?
Frank R. Stockton

cliffhanger from 1882. an oldie but a study in what do you think might happen

"The Lady, or the Tiger?" a way to inspire thought , just wish I could write like this

it really makes you think what  might be the outcome.

I was just thinking of stuff I read and this story entered my mind and thought maybe some of those out there like myself might like a short read that delves into what makes a choice. In  a way asking the reader to decide how the story ends .

http://www.english-literature.uni-bayreuth.de/en/teaching/documents/courses/Stockton1.pdf

it is only a four pages long . like our short attention span way of thinking today  but leaves you to think what would the people in the story do ?

after many years most of which have been burdened by HIV . I still have no clue what someone else thinks and after many years yet to come I know I will never know .

just like HIV in our lives what do the people in our lives think we should do ?  live happily ever after or ? do they wish us harm ? HIV or not these thoughts run through everyone's minds on both sides ? that is life . 

I don't know if I should post this or delete it .  I thought it might inspire others to think and maybe respond .

all the best to you

em

Offline em

Re: off topic thinking exercise " the lady or the tiger ? "
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 10:37:36 am »
the ending of the story I came up with

being how I always think the worst is going to happen .  the princes chooses the tiger being how she can not stand the thought of him living with out her . he thinks she would only want the best for him and would choose the lady  so before he opens the door  she pointed to. He  in moment of despair chooses the other door thinking it would be the tiger .   he does not want to live with out her. but it is the lady . they both get what they did not want . and they live without each other  miserably ever after .

off topic :   a twist in a twist for an ending 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2019 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.