Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:07:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 221
Total: 224

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: The AYDS diet....  (Read 3980 times)

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
The AYDS diet....
« on: December 31, 2006, 03:43:55 pm »
This was mentioned earlier and just today I saw it on VH1 so I thought I would share with my fellow dieters!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfOQ3O4kD3I
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
Re: The AYDS diet....
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 06:48:34 pm »
Gee am I misssing something , I don't enjoy AYDS!
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline libvet

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 09:13:52 pm »
I remember that one.  It was all the rage. 

Too bad about the unfortunate name, not to mention the association of rapid weight loss and AIDS.

I thought maybe I was the only one who thought about the sheer irony of that homonym.

Offline Razorbill

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 02:52:29 pm »
With hindsight, very darkly funny...peanut butter ayds?

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 06:18:43 pm »
 I too remember those ads! They went away real quick after the epidemic really got going. Of all the reasons for a business endeavor to fail, I'll bet this was never on the list of possible scenarios.....
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 08:29:04 pm »
All those in favor of naming our new product AYDS say "Aye".......

All those in favor of naming our new product SlimFast say "Aye".......

Ayds it is gentlemen, I have a VERY good feeling about this!!!

::) :o
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 08:34:31 pm »
AYDS, in fact is a good name, because those little candies tasted as shitty and my AIDS medication does. :) They did taste better than my histo medicine does.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 08:35:05 pm »
All those in favor of naming our new product AYDS say "Aye".......

All those in favor of naming our new product SlimFast say "Aye".......

Ayds it is gentlemen, I have a VERY good feeling about this!!!

::) :o

Ha ha ha ha ha!

I remember reading an article from the Onion's Our Dumb Century book... it was a parody of events that occured in 1980, and in the bottom was a blurb that said, "Diet Candy All the Rage: "In the 1980s, AYDS Will Be Synonomous With Health!"  Or something to that effect...
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.