Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2020, 04:48:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 754536
  • Total Topics: 63692
  • Online Today: 116
  • Online Ever: 4912
  • (November 13, 2019, 02:56:14 am)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 87
Total: 88

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Oral sex with transexual  (Read 3309 times)

Offline Jimmy_pop

• Standard
Oral sex with transexual
« on: November 05, 2019, 07:49:58 am »
Hi all, Iím scared to death and cannot think of anything else except that Im HIV positive and that I might have infected my wife. Please assess my risk.

On 10/01 I gave a blow job for a TS girl in NYC, but only maybe for 5 seconds. She also did that to me but for a bit longer.

After 3-4 days I had a sore throat and fever, but only for a day. Then I started having coughing and nasal congestion, but only for a week. After that I started paying attention to: shortness of breath, mild headache, heart pain, chest pain, sweating scrotum. I also had a diarrhoea but only for 1 time. The other thing that I noticed that I started swallowing saliva on much higher frequency.
For the last two days, i have less saliva, no sore throat, but geographical tongue, which I had always, just now it looks more damaged, and coughing.

On 10/31 I tested myself with Insti HIV test which was negative.
But the thing what worries me the most and I cannot sleep is that I might have infected my wife. The reason is that her period started 1 month earlier and she had really bad pelvic pain for 1 day which has never happened before. She drank the night before but not sure if it can make any impact. Im scared to death and I cannot forgive myself for doing such things behind her back. 

Please let me know if you think Iíve been infected.
 It more than a mont

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
Re: Oral sex with transexual
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 10:42:50 am »
Hiya,

Whatever made you sick 3 days after the encounter was not due to HIV, too soon for initial HIV symptoms and outside of that the lack or presence of symptoms can't be relied upon to know your HIV status.

Regarding the concerned encounter, firstly getting your penis sucked lacks all the conditions required for acquiring HIV,  thus it makes sense that after nearly 40 years of this pandemic in terms of BJ's there hasnít been a single documented case of HIV transmission to an insertive partner (the person being "sucked") and you will not be the worlds first.

Giving a blowjob, well generally speaking the mouth simply lacks route (Cells to infect) for HIV, and even if there was damage to your mouth creating route than saliva neutralizes HIV by damaging the receptors needed to infect human cells.

All in all, giving a blowjob is such a minute concern with regards to HIV that we don't even recommend specifically testing over it. Just get tested whenever you are next normally due for your routine check-up.

my wife

I hope she feels better soon but no need to overthink this at all. I will add "if " you have been or are engaging in unprotected intercourse with your partner this would as example meet all the biological conditions needed for acquiring HIV. 

Now I don't judge couples that decide to engage in unprotected intercourse, it's often based on trust within a relationship, however, just note this trust or faith does not prevent HIV and any unprotected intercourse is simply accepting a possible risk to you of acquiring HIV.

It would be wrong of me not to point out this obvious HIV risk to you, simply test regularly and at least yearly for STI's & HIV

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider starting PrEP as an additional layer of HIV protection going forward

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as Ďsafeí in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

More information on HIV Basics, PEP, TaSP and Transmission can be found through the links in my signature to our POZ pages, this includes information on HIV Testing

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jimmy_pop

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 11:32:52 am »
Thank your reply Jim. Few more questions-
I have really terrible tongue due to some unidentified infection. Now I think it cam be Chalamydia. I read on the internet that it opens a route to HIV.
Why out of the sudden My mouth became do dry? I have really terrible tongue at the moment, and this is one of the HIV acute symptoms.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 12:01:28 pm »
Hiya,

Dry mouth & infections can happen for many reasons. Instead of stressing about it see your doctor and treat it. So far none of your symptoms have been related to HIV regardless of your status.

I read on the internet that it opens a route to HIV.

It doesn't change the assessment, neither can you diagnosis an STI like that yourself through the internet.

Try to relax, I am not sure what has you triggered about this event, guilt perhaps who knows but if you had gaping holes in your mouth the assessment would not change either, near negligible risk from giving a BJ + My comment regarding any other sexual activities like with your wife.

Best, Jim
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 12:11:19 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 12:22:09 pm »
Jimmy!

The symptoms 3 days after the encounter were too soon to be HIV related from that event. In addition, most of what you posted could be anything and if you had these symptoms due HIV seroconversion you would have tested positive already on the 30-day test you conducted.

Ultimately as said the lack or presence of symptoms can't be relied upon to know your HIV status. Most people have no symptoms initially or none noticeable.

The HIV risk from the encounter was near negligible and unless you have meth mouth or similar damage to your mouth that assessment is not going to change. The only real-world risk for HIV mentioned so far would potentially be from your partner.

I do hope you feel better soon, talk to your doctor and treat whatever has been making you sick. Stop googling it and finally, remember to start looking after yourself by using condoms for any anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider starting PrEP as an additional layer of HIV protection going forward and test out of standard routine at least yearly for HIV & STI's
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 12:24:36 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jimmy_pop

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 12:43:48 pm »
Thank you once again for your prompt response!
I know that initial illness was too soon and it could be cold, but all the other symptoms that came after are a bit suspicious!
The person I was with asked if Iím clean ( I know you dont like this word, but I just say what I was asked) so maybe I should think she was also clean. The symptoms that worried me was that very mild headache for 4 days, shortness of breath, tongue uclers. And the last thing what got me worried the most is the early painful menstrual cycle of my wife. I read that ARS affect frequency when cd4 is low and high virus load. I cannot sleep normally for las5 days. Im planning to buy another INSTI rapid test hy the end of this week. If all is good at the end im going to make a tatto not to make this mistake again and be faithful.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2019, 01:07:32 pm »
all the other symptoms

As said:

if you had these symptoms due HIV seroconversion you would have tested positive already on the 30-day test you conducted.

Ultimately as said the lack or presence of symptoms can't be relied upon to know your HIV status. Most people have no symptoms initially or none noticeable.

Now about the below;

The person I was with asked if Iím clean ( I know you dont like this word, but I just say what I was asked) so maybe I should think she was also clean.[/b])

BTW my GF just said a word to me describing an aspect about you.  ;)

Unlike you, I will not quote her on it as it would be fairly ignorant for me to presume you would be okay, like or accept that in a publicly visible forum.

Goodbye Jimmy, Move on with your life, use condoms and test yearly.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 01:16:17 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jimmy_pop

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 04:18:16 am »
Hello guys, Iím coming back to you guys.

Iím still not feeling well. Below are the symptoms IĒm still facing:

10/31 till now - dry mouth with candida tongue
11/05 flat red spots that come and go the next morning. It appears randomly on the face neck shoulders, chest and arms.
11/09 I started having tingling sensation and burning sensation in my feet and hands. Now Iíve been feeling like my legs are very weak, something like a tired leg syndrome.

The loose stools have stopped for now.

On 11/25 I have received negative Hiv-1 RNA and 4th generation.
On 12/03 negative 4th generation test, but still waiting for my RNA Hiv1/2 results 

Any chance Im not producing antibodies due to the antibodies for EPV and CMV? I had mono few years ago.

In addition, My wife is going through some strange symptoms which mainly related to hormone imbalance. I have read that the drop of cd4 affects hormones.

Iím so worried that I cannot handle this anymore. My legs feel so bad that sometimes I feel like I cannot move them. I have read in your forum where it was one of the symptoms lf seroconversion.

How likely the antibodies cannot be detected after 1 month of symptoms.  Based on what I have read, it wontít take longer than 3.5 months.

How likely I will seroconvert in next few weeks? My last test was done at 10 weeks?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 05:15:09 am »
Hiya,

I am sorry to hear you are feeling unwell, although, there is nothing really new to add regarding your assessment.

Any chance Im not producing antibodies due to the antibodies for EPV and CMV? I had mono few years ago.

No.

Iím still not feeling well. Below are the symptoms IĒm still facing:

10/31 till now - dry mouth with candida tongue
11/05 flat red spots that come and go the next morning. It appears randomly on the face neck shoulders, chest and arms.
11/09 I started having tingling sensation and burning sensation in my feet and hands. Now Iíve been feeling like my legs are very weak, something like a tired leg syndrome.

The loose stools have stopped for now.

Seroconversion is simply the period during which the body produces detectable levels of HIV antibodies, on average, this takes 22-28 days.  Now, most people notice no initial symptoms at all keeping in mind it's not HIV causing the symptoms if they are even noticed, it's simply your own immune response.

So far the symptoms within 3 days after the encounter were too soon to be HIV related from that event. In addition, if the rest was HIV seroconversion related illness you would have tested positive already so regardless of your HIV status whatever is making you sick is not HIV related, - See your Doctor and treat whatever is making you sick.

Ultimately the presence of true HIV seroconversion symptoms or lack of noticeable symptoms would make no difference to testing.  Now - Please don't ask or post about symptoms again - The answer is not going to change! See your doctor and treat whatever is making you sick.

My last test was done at 10 weeks?

You had such a minute risk from the concerned event testing is not recommended outside of normal routine, you did anyway and at 10 weeks it was negative. Well any negative blood-drawn HIV antibodies test result post 6 weeks would rarely ever change and at 10 weeks the result is nearly conclusive

As you did have other ongoing risk factors test for peace of mind at least 6 weeks post your last unprotected intercourse or sexual encounter for HIV with a blood-drawn HIV antibodies test, this result will rarely ever change although 3 months remains conclusive. 

Best, Jim

« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 05:29:12 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jimmy_pop

• Standard
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 05:38:30 am »
Thank you!

Iím not going to ask about the symptoms, but one question - is RNA + 4th gen test would be conclusive if they are done at the same time? Also if I have the symptoms, RNA test would show positive by now due to high viral load.

What Im worried about that it could be HIV-2 virus, where the seroconversion takes longer, since this was a transexual from Philipines.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2019, 05:41:33 am »
Hiya

I ignored the RNA test result for a reason. The testing window for HIV-2 with an antibodies test is the same as HIV-1

Hence:

You had such a minute risk from the concerned event testing is not recommended outside of normal routine, you did anyway and at 10 weeks it was negative. Well any negative blood-drawn HIV antibodies test result post 6 weeks would rarely ever change and at 10 weeks the result is nearly conclusive

As you did have other ongoing risk factors test for peace of mind at least 6 weeks post your last unprotected intercourse or sexual encounter for HIV with a blood-drawn HIV antibodies test, this result will rarely ever change although 3 months remains conclusive.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jimmy_pop

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2019, 05:51:10 am »
IĒí pretty sure my results will show up as positive. I have never felt so bad.
I had really bad tongue due to citrobackter freundi bacteria which opened a path for hiv virus:(

I donít think I can wait for 2 more weeks. Every day I wake up by googling symptoms and various forums, especially when it not just me who are having the symptoms but my partner as well:(

Jim, can you tell me how many persons have you seen/met that seroconverted after 9 weeks negative?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2019, 06:15:23 am »
I had really bad tongue due to citrobackter freundi bacteria

Not really and it does not change the assessment, I've also already answered this.

"Giving a blowjob, well generally speaking the mouth simply lacks route (Cells to infect) for HIV, and even if there was damage to your mouth creating route than saliva neutralizes HIV by damaging the receptors needed to infect human cells.

All in all, giving a blowjob is such a minute concern with regards to HIV that we don't even recommend specifically testing over it. Just get tested whenever you are next normally due for your routine check-up.
"

googling symptoms

Asked and answered, so far regardless of your HIV status it's not HIV related, see a doctor instead of googling as googling this type of stuff will make you paranoid. The search is biased and last time I had a cold I googled the symptoms and it told me I had brain cancer  :o ... I'm still here, no brain cancer.

my partner as well

Test for peace of mind at least 6 weeks post your last unprotected intercourse or sexual encounter with your partner for HIV with a blood-drawn HIV antibodies test, this result will rarely ever change although 3 months remains conclusive.

I donít think I can wait for 2 more weeks.

You had no real-world risk from the encounter to start with, no need to run out and test and you have a near conclusive negative result, continued testing will realistically continue to yield the same result.  The only real issue here is the continue or ongoing potential exposure from your partner

I am not sure what the route cause is of your fears to start with and the followed hyperfocus on HIV & symptoms, guilt perhaps who knows, in any event, if you are struggling, please see your doctor face to face so they can treat whatever is making you sick and perhaps they can refer you to counselling to support you emotionally & mentally.

Best, Jim

« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 06:32:24 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jimmy_pop

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2019, 11:49:20 am »
Just wanted to give the update - Iím keep getting random red non itchy spots on chest. Today I woke up with multiple red tiny spots on my arm that disappeared within 1 hour. My tongue is still having painful lesions and it feels like something is stuck in throat. Itís not that painful but I will something when swallowing.The legs do not feel so achy and the hands are not burning anymore.
However my wife is still not feeling well.

I got my RNA results which is negative. I think the RNA test done along with 4th gen at week 10 can be considered as conclusive. At least this what DR. Handsfield told me. And I was asured that I donít have HIV.Iím still worried to be one in the million who is not producing antibodies, as my symptoms are real, itís not something I am making up. I just think my immune system is too weak to produce antibodies based on my previous infections I had cought in the last few years.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2019, 01:08:02 pm »
Hiya,

Unless you are dying or undergoing chemo etc, your immune system is more than capable of producing a few antibodies. I doubt you are writing this from a hospital bed or on your way to the mortuary were a few exceptional cases were found many years ago.

Your symptoms so far are not HIV related to the concerned incident, not that it warranted testing but you did and the result was negative. Even if you had a real exposure the result you have would rarely ever change.

You had no real-world risk from the encounter to start with, no need to run out and test and you have a near conclusive negative result, continued testing will realistically continue to yield the same result.  The only real issue here is the continue or ongoing potential exposure from your partner

I am not sure what the route cause is of your fears to start with and the followed hyperfocus on HIV & symptoms, guilt perhaps who knows, in any event, if you are struggling, please see your doctor face to face so they can treat whatever is making you sick and perhaps they can refer you to counselling to support you emotionally & mentally.

Best, Jim

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jimmy_pop

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2019, 01:32:47 pm »
No Jim, Iím not dying yet. One more question - Given thatI had sex with my wife after 15 days from my exposure, would it be possible for her to have changes in menstrual pattern after 15 days from our intercourse? Is the viral load is lower In semen than in serum in the acute infection? Also, how fast cd4 drops after infection? Based on one article I found, the irregular menstrual cycles is one of the symptoms in women during servonversion?Is that true? Can menstrual cycles become so abnormal with few weeks after exposure? Thank you! This would be my last questions..

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2019, 01:48:54 pm »
Irregular periods in women happen for all kinds of reasons.

Last time, from the top.

Regarding the encounter you had, it was not a real-world risk, a negative result at 10 weeks means the "symptoms" so far have nothing to do with HIV and as testing over this incident was not needed, continued testing over this incident is a waste of time and money.  I wish you well but see your GP and treat whatever is making you sick

As for your real risks well, test for peace of mind at least 6 weeks post your last unprotected intercourse or sexual encounter with your partner for HIV with a blood-drawn HIV antibodies test, this result will rarely ever change although 3 months remains conclusive.

Keep in mind the vast majority of people have no initial symptoms or none noticeable whatsoever and since the lack or presence of symptoms means nothing in terms of HIV status the only when to know outside of routine screening post a risk is by testing.

I say this because your partner was your only real-world HIV risk, I presume you are both happy to accept that risk within the relationship but if you are concerned then test and use condoms going forward.

Please don't ask about symptoms again!

Best, Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jimmy_pop

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2019, 02:03:00 pm »
Thanks so much for the support! highly appreciated! Well I think I have more than enough symptoms :-\ : very weird rash which appears on hands arms face, chest torso. Then painful tongue and sore throat, achy leg muscles, burning hands. And then that coincidence with my wifeís menstrual changes. That never happened before:(

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2019, 02:07:26 pm »
Jimmy,

I am sorry you are feeling unwell and I really do hope you feel better soon. Instead of stressing about it online go and see your GP.

Start using condoms and testing out of routine at least yearly for STI's and HIV.

Best. Jim 

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jimmy_pop

• Standard
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2019, 02:14:08 pm »
Thanks.
Also plus few more symptoms that Are very specific to ARS - dry mouth and loose stools for a week... you say this is no real word risk, but I think this is more than real..

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2019, 02:23:38 pm »
Jimmy.

If you post about this again I am going to give you a 28-day temporary ban, it's not to hurt you but simply to encourage you to work with your GP to treat whatever is making you sick and to consider seeking some emotional support.

You have tested negative at 10 weeks post what was a minute risk, the symptoms so far have nothing to do with HIV from this incident, your left testicle could fall off and it would not change this assessment. Again see your doctor to treat whatever is making you feel unwell.

The ongoing and seemingly accepted risk exposure is from your partner. If you feel you must for peace of mind test at 6 weeks and 3 months post the last sexual encounter with your partner for a definite result and use condoms going forward.

Best, Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jimmy_pop

• Standard
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2020, 09:41:26 am »
Hey guys, itís been the month since my last post and. Just wanted to give the update.
I tested negative at 92 days with 4th gen and insti hiv, however Iím still not feeling well or even worse

My current ongoing symptoms:
Rashes in morning, spots and acne
Weak and achy legs
Falling hair from my head and legs
Horrible tongue
Horrible sore on my gums for the last 4 days which is keep spreading :(

Also I did my cd4/cd8 test and the ratio was 1:05 a week ago, where cd4 780 30%, cd8 760 33%.

Iím really worried since The numbers are low and the symptoms Im having relates to HIV. I read that the other guys on this forum experienced hair loss, achy legs and sores.

All other blood test look good. On Friday I did run the full sdt test where the doctor used a swab to take a sample from my mouth and penis.
 Iím so lost and tired...I really hope this is not HIV, but the cd4 count and ongoing symtoms keeps me worried

My questions.

Since Iíve been having these symptoms for 2month and more, would my antibodies be detected by now if I was infected?

I read that some of the guys on this forum felt symptoms for 19 weeks. Can the seroconversion take so long?

Does my cd4/cd8 count look suspicious? I just pray that my count was low due to every day stress for last 3 months...

Can gum ulcers and sores appear during the seroconversion?

Could it be that during oral sex I got a very small piece of virus and it does not mutiply that quickly, considering hiv-2 has lower virus load.

Please help! Iím feeling desperate:(

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2020, 11:30:06 am »
Jimmy I hope you feel better soon but see your doctor and stop stressing. Your CD4 counts are perfectly normal and absolutely meaningless

You had no real exposure 3 months ago just a minute risk that didn't warrant testing. You tested anyway and the result is negative.

So you did not aquire HIV from that encounter, your symtoms have nothing to do with HIV from that encounter either and to be clear your left arm and right testicle could fall off it's not going to change that.

You do have ongoing exposure from your partner, one you seem happy to accept.

You were warned - 28 day ban

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.   

Jimmy.

If you post about this again I am going to give you a 28-day temporary ban, it's not to hurt you but simply to encourage you to work with your GP to treat whatever is making you sick and to consider seeking some emotional support.

You have tested negative at 10 weeks post what was a minute risk, the symptoms so far have nothing to do with HIV from this incident, your left testicle could fall off and it would not change this assessment. Again see your doctor to treat whatever is making you feel unwell.

The ongoing and seemingly accepted risk exposure is from your partner. If you feel you must for peace of mind test at 6 weeks and 3 months post the last sexual encounter with your partner for a definite result and use condoms going forward.

Best, Jim
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 11:33:32 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2020 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.