Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 31, 2020, 03:18:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 753239
  • Total Topics: 63508
  • Online Today: 299
  • Online Ever: 4912
  • (November 13, 2019, 02:56:14 am)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 246
Total: 249

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I took my pills an hour late  (Read 891 times)

Offline fabio

I took my pills an hour late
« on: October 27, 2019, 06:32:07 pm »
Let's start with "I hate the eu time changes". I forgot about the time change and unfortunately took my meds an hour late.
I suspect it's nothing to be afraid of. Considering I haven't missed a dose this is nothing.

Offline leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: I took my pills an hour late
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 07:42:44 pm »
since ARVs are effective at 95% adherence, a 12 hr time difference would be of no importance so a one hour delay is completely insignificant.

personally my first batch of meds is whenever I get up in the morning and get awake ( any time between 5am and 11am) and the 2nd batch of the day is whenever I eat dinner (any time between 330p and 8pm).

Our time change comes next Sunday. The state legislatures of my state (South Carolina) and the very nearby neighboring state (North Carolina) both keep discussing NOT doing the time change anymore. As NC is very close to legally arranging this, by this time next year either we will be changing time even though the people 10 miles away aren't changing their time, or none of us will be changing our times at all. Either way, it will make for an interesting time next Fall LOL
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

chart from 1992-2017
Tivicay/Prezcobix

Offline fabio

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 07:55:58 pm »
Thanks for answering.
Every time I feel doubt, I trust you guys on the forum like my mentors of sorts (like Luke Skywalker to Yoda of sorts,lol).
How come do you take meds twice a day?
I think next year time changes stop (thank sweet baby jesus).

Offline leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 09:09:22 pm »
like Luke Skywalker to Yoda
actually you mean Yoda to Luke. ;) :)  old and wise,  Yoda was.

Some friends/family and I were just talking about Star Wars and when we saw which movie. I "won" the contest by being 16 when I saw "Star Wars" in the theater (none of the episode whatever # or "New Hope" bs. in the beginning there was only the one). No one else saw that one in it's first run. Old I am, younglings :)

How come do you take meds twice a day?
in the past I had to take 4 AZT pills every 4 hours every damned day. Night and day that damned alarm clock rang (Clock?! another thing to make me feel old. there were no smartphones in that day and I bought an alarm clock just to be my med reminder clock).  Then there were the liquids, pills, tablets that had to be taken 2 hrs before food or 2 hours after food but not together with some meds... and so depending when I was most likely going to sleep, eat, or puke from the side effects (tbh I'd take any amount at any time of the day, even every hour 24 hours a day, as long as the meds don't make me puke. for way too many arvs, puking has been the side effect I have suffered with the most), i made a complicated chart of daily meds. but at least I could sleep for 6 hours without waking up for meds.

Nowadays I could take my tivicay and prezcobix at one time; but I have a weird allergic kind of reaction when I take them anytime within 3 hours of each other. (I actually have timed it to any time more than 2 hours and 50 minutes apart. Weird, but definitely not the worst reaction I've ever had to HIV meds. LOL)I also take 2 acyclovirs a day (for a recurring shingles issue), so it works out to 2-in-the-am and 2-in-the-pm for my current regimen.
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

chart from 1992-2017
Tivicay/Prezcobix

Offline fabio

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 05:59:44 am »
Star wars wasn't quite a thing for me,but my brother was a fanatic. I was only into music and horror,lol.
I'm glad that you don't have to get through the same things with puking,and that you figured out your regimen to make it less of a pain. I don't have any side effects as far as i know,but even if I have I can't compare it with how I was before getting the virus. It's strange but the only difference now is that when I get sick (fever or a cold),It lasts a bit more and It's intense (puking and all). Whereas my entire life I could go swimming in the snow and I'd be just fine.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2020 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.