Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2019, 04:30:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 34834
  • Latest: J29
Stats
  • Total Posts: 749251
  • Total Topics: 62898
  • Online Today: 527
  • Online Ever: 4912
  • (November 13, 2019, 02:56:14 am)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 151
Total: 152

Author Topic: Switching meds/detected Viral load  (Read 393 times)

Offline Waltern

• Magnetic couple
Switching meds/detected Viral load
« on: June 24, 2019, 06:45:14 pm »
Hi everyone, I am in a monogamous relationship with my wife who is positive for more than 14 years i am a negative male and her viral load has been undetectable every-time she tests, she has been on tyricten and aspen nvp, now a month ago the Doctor has switched aspen nvp with edurant, so she takes tyricten and edurant, my question is what are the chances of viral load to spike or be high with that switch? We have not been using protection for more than 5 years now even after the switch we not using protection now so am i at risk?, Do i need to be on prep for now until her next visit which will be after 6 months to tests to see if they are still undetected? Thanking all in advance.
Serodiscordant, relationship

Offline harleymc

Re: Switching meds/detected Viral load
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 06:13:29 am »
There is nothing to suggest your wife has or will develop a detectable viral load.

Are you thinking that your wife's doctor is deliberately changing her treatment to something ineffective?

Offline Expat1

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 08:35:08 am »
Both drugs are in the same class.  NNRTIs.   Edurant is a safe, effective drug.  There should be no difference.    That said, I currently use the combination (here as Recovir-Em) and Edurant and have been for 5 years.    Undetectable at switch and undetectable now. 

Undetectable =  Untansmissable.

Offline Waltern

• Magnetic couple
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 02:43:14 am »
Are you thinking that your wife's doctor is deliberately changing her treatment to something ineffective?

Harleymc , Thanks your response I know edurant is one of the latest and safest medication, my worry was a possibility of virological failure which the result will be the increase in viral load , The Dr is changing the meds because nvp will not be available in the country in future, so i am not thinking the Dr is deliberately changing to something ineffective

Expart1 Thanks for sharing your experience with the meds will post the blood work which will be done end August .which I hope the continuity of viral suppression.

Serodiscordant, relationship

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2019 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.