Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2019, 05:25:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 750086
  • Total Topics: 63029
  • Online Today: 302
  • Online Ever: 4912
  • (November 13, 2019, 02:56:14 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 263
Total: 263

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Diagnosed as of May 31 2019.  (Read 1823 times)

Offline Tinolozada

• Standard
Diagnosed as of May 31 2019.
« on: June 06, 2019, 01:30:48 pm »
Good afternoon guys

I recently got diagnosed as positive as of May 31 2019. According to my recount of events , I believe I may have been infected as of May 3 2019. Acute stage symptoms started about two weeks later, my provider actually congratulated me on taking action so quick and he even mentions that seeing the accuse stage in treatment is not very common. My CD4 seems healthy according to my provider 499, however he mentioned my viral load is high 1,210,000. He says not to worry , again early detection and early ART are keys. I just got put on Biktarvy and he said that he will retest levels in 30 days , but I might be UD in as little as two weeks.

As of today I feel pretty good. Lymph nodes area bit swollen , dry cough but, thatís pretty much it. By the way just literally came back from my first ID appointment at positive impact here in the Atlanta area, amazing guys there. Kind, nurturing and so human in every aspect. I have a peer support appointment to take care of my mental health, I feel pretty good in that sense but Iím taking all the steps and precautions to keep myself as healthy as I can . My only issue is Iím a smoker, not really heavily but still smoke. Has anyone tried chantix to quit , any issues with the meds?

Any advise as to recently being diagnosed, health related tips, lifestyle etc will be greatly appreciated. My mother lives with me but I havenít disclose my status yet , anyone with that experience please send me your support words or advise.

To all of you , I wish you the happiest and healthiest life . We are strong and we will not be victims or allow hiv to control our lifeís.
DX 05-31-19
06-06-19. CD4 499 VL 1,210,000
Started ART Biktarvy 06-06-19

Offline BlackBear

• Standard
Re: Diagnosed as of May 31 2019.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 05:06:14 pm »
Hello,

I hope that your day is going well. It has been a year for me since finding out via a hospital system that sends results of all test taking to you hospital login. It was very scary for me since most people in my life wouldnít know what to think if I told them. I only have one person in my life who knows and if very supportive but I havenít told the rest of my family. Iím glad to hear that you catch it early. Iím a person that never really get sick so it took me to really get sick before I went to the hospital who told me that it was probably just a flu so they had to let it run itís course. It wasnít until I got a PCP and had complete blood work done that I found out. Iím currently on the new drug Biktary and it seems to be going well. I have another check up with my doctor in about two months to check my levels which hopefully will be undetectable. The major thing I have been battling with as of lately is the feeling of loneliness. I want a beautiful relationship but am nervous of having to bring it up to the person. At the moment I donít know what to do. I still cry sometimes but Iím still here and life is going on. I wish you the best on your journey!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 05:10:56 pm by BlackBear »

Offline leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 05:13:09 pm »
Has anyone tried chantix to quit , any issues with the meds?
i smoked a pack a day for about 2 decades, then for a very stressful year I smoked 3 packs a day. I took Chantix for 4 weeks and now haven't smoked in 10 years. Chantix did give me very very VIVID dreams (I woke up talking and moving about more than once) but did the trick. Best wishes if you try it!

Any advise as to recently being diagnosed, health related tips, lifestyle etc will be greatly appreciated.
take your daily meds. really, that's it. it's that simple

since ARVs keep HIV to an undetectable level, your health is what you (and your genetics) make of it. So take the advice given to anybody: stop smoking, limit alcohol, exercise, reduce stress, eat healthy.
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

chart from 1992-2017
Tivicay/Prezcobix

Offline Tinolozada

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 07:18:01 pm »
Hello,

I hope that your day is going well. It has been a year for me since finding out via a hospital system that sends results of all test taking to you hospital login. It was very scary for me since most people in my life wouldnít know what to think if I told them. I only have one person in my life who knows and if very supportive but I havenít told the rest of my family. Iím glad to hear that you catch it early. Iím a person that never really get sick so it took me to really get sick before I went to the hospital who told me that it was probably just a flu so they had to let it run itís course. It wasnít until I got a PCP and had complete blood work done that I found out. Iím currently on the new drug Biktary and it seems to be going well. I have another check up with my doctor in about two months to check my levels which hopefully will be undetectable. The major thing I have been battling with as of lately is the feeling of loneliness. I want a beautiful relationship but am nervous of having to bring it up to the person. At the moment I donít know what to do. I still cry sometimes but Iím still here and life is going on. I wish you the best on your journey!

Hey, black bear thanks for sharing your thought with me and some of your experience . First you are not alone , I just found out this page and it has helped me tons to know so many are going through the same as we are. In that sense I feel encourage when I here the stories of triumph and of hope to all of us here . About getting a partner, well Iím planning on working on myself and my life  first, get to undetected levels, find my path to health and then I will start thinking about love in my life. I strongly believe that if your mind is not healthy a relationship may add to the pressure, stress etc and that may reflect in our health. My advise to you if I may , you are so valuable to so many you just may not see it , latch on to those relationships to fill that void for now, take care of your body, mind and soul and then open to love I promise you there is a difference. I know that the path Iím choosing . Best to you , many health blessings and a hug. We are stronger than hiv.
DX 05-31-19

Offline Tinolozada

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 07:23:40 pm »
i smoked a pack a day for about 2 decades, then for a very stressful year I smoked 3 packs a day. I took Chantix for 4 weeks and now haven't smoked in 10 years. Chantix did give me very very VIVID dreams (I woke up talking and moving about more than once) but did the trick. Best wishes if you try it!
take your daily meds. really, that's it. it's that simple

since ARVs keep HIV to an undetectable level, your health is what you (and your genetics) make of it. So take the advice given to anybody: stop smoking, limit alcohol, exercise, reduce stress, eat healthy.

Hey leather man thanks for the advise and for sharing your story. I will have an appointment on the 20th and Iím gonna ask my provider for chantix , I really want quit for good. Hopefully it doesnít interfere with my treatment. I use to smoke a pack a day but since diagnosed Iíve come down a bit , a pack will last two or three days. Today Iíve been feeling a bit anxious due to my treatment appointment and my start of the Biktarvy tomorrow, so Iíve smoked a bit more today, but Iím looking forward to the days to come and being smoke free as well as healthier.  Hope you had a great day , health blessings your way and a hug.
DX 05-31-19

Offline BlackBear

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 08:28:44 pm »
Hey, black bear thanks for sharing your thought with me and some of your experience . First you are not alone , I just found out this page and it has helped me tons to know so many are going through the same as we are. In that sense I feel encourage when I here the stories of triumph and of hope to all of us here . About getting a partner, well Iím planning on working on myself and my life  first, get to undetected levels, find my path to health and then I will start thinking about love in my life. I strongly believe that if your mind is not healthy a relationship may add to the pressure, stress etc and that may reflect in our health. My advise to you if I may , you are so valuable to so many you just may not see it , latch on to those relationships to fill that void for now, take care of your body, mind and soul and then open to love I promise you there is a difference. I know that the path Iím choosing . Best to you , many health blessings and a hug. We are stronger than hiv.

Thanks so much for your kind words. I found this site so time ago but honestly never used it til now. I totally agree with gaining total wellness and will be working to gain the fulfillment in need in every possible areas of my life. We are indeed stronger than HIV. Have a great rest of day!

Offline leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 06:27:56 am »
Hopefully it doesnít interfere with my treatment.
ARVs stop HIV from replicating, that's all, so there are hardly any other meds that would interfere with HIV treatment. So there's a silly bit of stress that you can get rid of and never worry about again.
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

chart from 1992-2017
Tivicay/Prezcobix

Offline TexasDragon

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 08:02:51 am »
Tinolozada -

Biktarvy works great and fast. I went from 317,000 to 98 in one month. And had zero side effects. Like you I was in the Ďwindowí period.

Best of luck - ĎStick to the plan, and die an old man.í
Exposure 10-04-2018
Dx 11-08-2018
1st Appt 11-15-2018
11-15-2018 Blood Draw - CD4 468 11% VL 316,000
2nd Appt 12-04-2018 - Hep A and B Vaccines
Start of Biktarvy 12-14-2018
3rd Appt 01-15-2019 - All Good - 2nd Hep B Vaccine
01-16-2019 Blood Draw - CD4 934 28% VL 98
4th Appt 04-16-2019 - All Good - Final Hep B Vaccine
04-16-2019 Blood Draw - CD4 873 30% VL <20

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 06:38:59 am »
@Tinolozada

Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about the diagnosis but glad to hear you have started treatment. Good luck with stopping the smoking, I quit smoking a few years ago now, although like most it took me several attempts in the years before I finally quit for good.

Not much to add that the others have not added about just living healthy if you want to be healthier, so exercise more, less stress, good sleep, balanced diet, stop smoking, reduce drinking etc etc

Take it easy, keep us posted how you are getting on.

@Blackbear

Welcome to the forum, I sure many of us would like to reply to you so if you could open your own introduction thread and, introduce yourself to the forum members that would be appreciated. Let us know as an example;  how you are getting on? What treatment are you taking, how is that going? What your labs are like etc etc

Thank you

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Transmission and Risks
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2019 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.