Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2019, 08:58:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 746905
  • Total Topics: 62536
  • Online Today: 329
  • Online Ever: 1421
  • (August 13, 2016, 05:18:44 am)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 258
Total: 259

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Am I Infected

Welcome to the "Am I Infected?" POZ forum.

New members -- those who have posted three or fewer messages -- are permitted to post questions and responses, free of charge (make them count!). Ongoing participation in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- posting more than three questions or responses -- requires a paid subscription.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There will be no charge to continue reading threads in the "Am I Infected?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the Main Forums; Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits; and Off Topic Forums. Similarly, all POZ pages, including our "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "Am I Infected? (A Guide to Testing for HIV)" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Am I Infected?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Am I Infected?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Help me out  (Read 763 times)

Offline shankar_vinodd

• Standard
Help me out
« on: May 17, 2019, 03:16:04 pm »
Hi
I am so much stressed about my possible HIV exposure and then passing it on to my wife. My exposure is this:
I had a protected sex with one of my friend whose status is unknown but she used to have unprotected sex with her ex bf. Before having sex with her I inserted my middle finger into her vagina to excite her and then had protected sex with her. I took the condom out when I ejaculated and then made it to string. Later I noticed I had fresh blood cut on my thumb of same hand and it was red oit of blood. My question is this.
1. Can Vaginal fluid from her vagina before sex or through condom after sex can cause me HIV if it comes in contact wth my fresh cut.
2. I am on PEP now for 9 days but had unprotected sex with my wife today. Is she safe or I can pass hiv virus to her while on PEP? Should I also provide her PEP now? I love her so much. I will die if I infact her anyhow.
One more thing I was checked negative before taking PEP for my last expoaure due to fresh cut.
Plz tell me early. Its just 6 hrs. Should I also provide her PEP now??

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
Re: Help me out
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 04:22:48 pm »
Hiya

I read your post very carefully, three times. Its simple the only HIV risk you had was the unprotected sex with your wife.

The encounter with the other women, fingering, fluids on your hand and a cut with than protected intercourse was not a HIV concern at all. None!

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider starting PrEP as an additional layer of HIV protection going forward

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

More information on HIV Basics, PEP, TaSP and Transmission can be found through the links in my signature to our POZ pages, this includes information on HIV Testing

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Transmission and Risks
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline shankar_vinodd

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 12:05:48 am »
Thank you Jim.
Can you please help me answering my specific questions I have in my mind.
1.Can vaginal fluid on a big cut through condom or while fingering cause me HIV. I was fingering her through middle finger but fluid could come in contact with the thumh cut also. And later I took condom out which was wet due to her vaginal fluids came in contact with my fresh cut. Can it cause hiv??
2. Can I pass hiv virus while on PEP for 9 days as I had unprotected sex with my wife. Should I provide her PEP for this incident as I am taking PEP for my last fresh cut exposure.
Please reply me specifically. Is it possible that my hiv virus die due to PEP while I passed it on to her yesterday. I am so much stressed about my wife. I am taking PEP for my cut exposure possibly touching vaginal fluids. Help me please. Its just 16 hrs. I can still provide PEP to my wife. Help me please.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 12:55:16 am »
Asked & answered already.

Your fears & guilt are not facts, so you might not like the answer i give you because it does not fit your narrative or presumptions but it is the only answer i have for you.

Here it is; The encounter you had was no HIV risk - end of story!, (I fully read your  posts). Now the only HIV risk you had was from the unprotected sex with your wife.

This answer is not going to change unless you have been engaging in other events/  risks not disclosed here

Best, Jim
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 12:57:53 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline shankar_vinodd

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 12:09:34 pm »
Hi Jim
Its been almost 20 days since my PEP course finished after 28 days. I am now having problems of Dysentery and feel nauseous. I doubt wheather her vaginal fluid entered through my cut to my blood during fingering and also from condom when I took out from vagina. Should I go for test? I am very scared now after having these stomach issues. I also feel like I am developing homorrhide. Please help me asap!

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 02:06:39 pm »
Sorry to hear you feel unwell, but see your GP and treat whatever is making you sick.
Hope you feel better soon.

I doubt wheather her vaginal fluid entered through my cut to my blood during fingering and also from condom when I took out from vagina

Its not a HIV concern, keep coming back with this nonsense and, its going to classed as excessive posting over a no-risk scenario.

Asked & answered already.

Your fears & guilt are not facts, so you might not like the answer i give you because it does not fit your narrative or presumptions but it is the only answer i have for you.

Here it is; The encounter you had was no HIV risk - end of story!, (I fully read your  posts). Now the only HIV risk you had was from the unprotected sex with your wife.

This answer is not going to change unless you have been engaging in other events/  risks not disclosed here

Best, Jim
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2019 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.