Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2019, 08:54:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 743247
  • Total Topics: 61990
  • Online Today: 176
  • Online Ever: 1421
  • (August 13, 2016, 05:18:44 am)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 112
Total: 116

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: This is way off topic: where do you guys want to travel the most?  (Read 322 times)

Offline fabio

I saw a documentary about a cruise to the Antarctic. They saw many whales and stuff (I want to see a living whale up close),which in itself is a dream to me.
So yeah,I would do that cruise.
Where do you dream of going?

Offline J.R.E.

• Joined Dec-2003 Living positive, since 1985.
Re: This is way off topic: where do you guys want to travel the most?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 04:53:30 pm »
 8)

I think we would like to take a trip by train across Canada. We've known others that have done it, and they say it was a wonderful trip.  I think it takes about 6 days, and we really should get this planned , before Canada builds a wall to keep us Americans out. LOL  :D

Ray
Current Meds ; Triumeq, 10mg of Atorvastatin, 25 mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Amlodipine Besolate 5mg-- Updated 4/5/19

Diagnosed positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of 11/26/18,  Viral load remains <40
CD 4 @600 /  CD4 % @ 55

67 years young.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 12:55:57 am »
before Canada builds a wall to keep us Americans out. LOL  :D

If I was them, I'd already be laying the bricks.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 12:59:08 am »
Oh, and to answer the OP's question:  there really isn't anywhere that I don't want to go and see, with the exception of, admittedly, countries ending in STAN and surrounding areas, I just think our world climate is such that I would never be able to relax enough to enjoy what those places would have to offer.

That said, NATIONAL PARKS right here in the good ol' US of A!  Seriously....i want to - I WILL - eventually get around to taking road trips to all (or as many as I can) of our nation's parks.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 06:46:40 am »
Like the fabulous THunter -- there is little of this world that I don't want to go see.

I have started to tick off my top bucket list places though.

1. Africa -- 2014 did a safari in Tanzania -- AMAZING
2. Galapagos Islands - scheduled for 2020
3. Australia -- waiting to retire, as I want to spend a bit of time down under
4. Antarctica -- unknown when/if -- my husband hates winter weather, so this is turning out to be a very hard sell
5.  South Pacific -- not scheduled yet, but soon......

Mike
Atripla - Started 12/05
Reyataz/Norvir - Added 6/06
Labs - Pre-Meds
Sep05 T=350/25% VL98,559
Nov05 288/18%  47,564
Current Labs
May2015 969/28% <20

Offline fabio

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 12:22:08 pm »
Australia is a bit scary,the sea is full of sharks and jellyfish,plus a lot of spiders and snakes haha.
Snakes there are the usual pests,just like we have roaches they have venomous snakes 😨😨😱😱

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 02:27:27 pm »
Don't forget the kangaroos, they too are very scary   ;D

Offline fabio

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 02:52:41 am »
They say that they kick a lot.
Well having a huge rodent hopping around is kinda scary 😨😱

Offline harleymc

« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 03:46:00 am »
My husband has the travel bug, I don't. This causes a lot of friction.

Offline fabio

« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 11:55:00 am »
Even inside the country excursions? You gotta travel,it's quite nice.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2019 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.