Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2019, 04:23:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 742066
  • Total Topics: 61797
  • Online Today: 101
  • Online Ever: 1421
  • (August 13, 2016, 05:18:44 am)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 76
Total: 78

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Am I Infected

Welcome to the "Am I Infected?" POZ forum.

New members -- those who have posted three or fewer messages -- are permitted to post questions and responses, free of charge (make them count!). Ongoing participation in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- posting more than three questions or responses -- requires a paid subscription.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There will be no charge to continue reading threads in the "Am I Infected?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the Main Forums; Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits; and Off Topic Forums. Similarly, all POZ pages, including our "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "Am I Infected? (A Guide to Testing for HIV)" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Am I Infected?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Am I Infected?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Messed up. Extremely scared.  (Read 393 times)

Offline distinct

• Standard
Messed up. Extremely scared.
« on: March 14, 2019, 11:26:48 am »
Hi Everyone,

Background - I am an european expat living in the middle east, where contracting HIV is a deportable offence, and you can also get jailed for it.

Incident - I hooked up with a CSW recently. We had protected sex. During the act, as we switched positions, the lady kept handling the condom, and because of the amount of lube she had used, the condom was quite wet, and so were her hands from all the handling (with vaginal fluids and lube). After a while, she proceeded to remove the condom with her hands palpably wet with the fluids, and then put some more lube on her hands, and went on to vigorously masturbate me. I am uncut, and because of the amount of lube being used, and the way she was rubbing her hands on the penis head, I'm pretty sure that a lot of the wetness entered my urethral opening.

Aftermath - Exactly 16 days later, I had a mild case of laryngitis, which developed in to a fever (101 F), bad body ache and cough two days later. I met a doctor who prescribed some meds including an antibiotic, and exactly 36 hours later, my fever subsided, and I pretty much recovered from the cough, as well, in a couple of days. However, i still had the body ache, extreme fatigue, and I continued to have the laryngitis. The bodyache disappeared after 4-5 days, but the fatigue continued to stay with me for almost another week. I still continue to have mild laryngitis. Doctors say that I now have pansinusitis, which could be causing the continuance of laryngitis due to post nasal drip. I tried to check for lymph nodes through this entire duration, but I couldn't feel any inflamed/painful nodes, but I am also on the thicker side, and maybe that is preventing me from accessing any of the nodes.

The fact that I had high fever, and I had extreme fatigue for almost 10-12 days, and all of this happened within 3 weeks of my encounter with the CSW has convinced me that I may have contracted HIV. I am a complete wreck. I feel like I have jeopardized my future and have thrown away my life. Was I at risk? Do I need to get tested? If I do have to get tested, I have to leave the middle east, and go back to Europe, because I can't afford to get arrested and deported. Please advise.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 11:32:13 am by distinct »

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
Re: Messed up. Extremely scared.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 11:31:08 am »
Hiya

You had protected intercourse and a handjob.
Neither are a HIV concern.

So if this was your only sexual encounter there is no logical reason to worry

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Transmission and Risks
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline distinct

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 11:34:55 am »
even with her hand wet with the lube and vaginal fluids, and her rubbing the top of my glans, near the urethral opening, quite forcefully? i can't figure why else i would fall sick - i usually am never unwell.

Offline distinct

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 11:39:00 am »
i appreciate each and everyone of you helping out here. lack of information is a mind killer, and the forum is a blessing. i am just trying to figure out why there was no risk, as logic suggests that I should be. the lady had her fluids on her hand. she then put lube on top of it, creating enough fluid to enter my urethra. surely, this is a risk? could you please explain for me? sorry, i am forcing the issue. don't mean to be an ass, but i am currently a nervous wreck.

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 11:39:46 am »
Whatever is making you sick it has nothing to do with HIV. Contuine to work on treatment of whatever is making you sick with your doctor.

HIV is fragile and sexually only transmitted inside the confines of the human body . Her fluids rubbing your penis during a handjob is not a HIV risk!
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 11:46:11 am »
Aha...

HIV is also very fragile and difficult to transmit requiring very specific biological conditions/environment. The receptors needed to infect human cells corroded once outside the environment of the human body and this is so much so, that nobody has been infected once it has been exposed outside the human body, either sexually or from day to day contact. On top of this the fluids from her were not a concern to start with but that's another day's work and irrelevant in your case as it's already was no risk for the above reasons

HIV also does not replicate outside of the human host.
So you had no HIV risk whatsoever from this hand job

Use condoms for any intercourse no exceptions and like every sexually active adult test at least yearly for HIV and far easier to transmit STI's out of standard routine

Jim
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2019 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.