Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2019, 08:55:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 744462
  • Total Topics: 62167
  • Online Today: 324
  • Online Ever: 1421
  • (August 13, 2016, 05:18:44 am)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 266
Total: 267

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: People SUCK  (Read 716 times)

Offline fabio

People SUCK
« on: March 09, 2019, 07:29:36 am »
Apparently I got "de-hired". So the job I was told I got,and I was told I was hired,got taken and they called me one month later to tell me.
I now am in a panic to find a job for the season. I just wanna punch something........
How is it fair to say to someone that he is hired and a month later you cancel that.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
Re: People SUCK
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 08:09:26 am »
Sorry to hear that.

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Transmission and Risks
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline fabio

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 10:07:35 am »
I just feel like things happen to me just so I can give up on life or whatever.
I just don't know why my life seems to go like shit all the time. I just hope I don't break. I feel quite incompetent now. I cried quite a lot. I hate being a grown up so much......

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 11:41:58 am »
Look I lost many jobs when i was younger, until i was 25 i used to change jobs at least twice a year by choice or because of work drying up.

Its sucks ill give you that but its part of life, learn from it, and move onward.

Jim
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline fabio

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 12:44:11 pm »
I guess so. Thanks :)
At least I got to take my anger on the owner of the hotel hehe.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 12:49:22 pm »
If you're wise make sure you don't burn any bridges. In the future you might rely on that hotel for work or people from there who move on to other Hotels that you might want to work at.

Whatever it was, just don't get caught.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 12:51:49 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline fabio

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 01:02:54 pm »
I don't really care,as what they did was dirtier. They did tell me they hired me and later pretended they didn't.
I didn't curse at them,but told her "shame on you" on a distressed way,since she told me otherwise,which I guess doesn't make for a reliable company.
I was just distressed at the time she called and all I said was shame on you and why did they tell me they hired me to later reject the statement. Too bad I didn't record the thing....

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 01:06:05 pm »
Ok...

Well what's the plan now? Have you started looking for a new job? At least you have had practice interviewing and have the clothes sorted.

Jim
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 01:34:38 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline fabio

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 02:10:25 pm »
Yeah,I have about a month until season starts. I just hope I actually make it.
I spoke with my brother and he got my spirits up.
In general I have been feeling really down this month and all,but I'm trying to give a chance to life,but I'm scared of breaking and losing myself on the long run.
I'm sorry I vent so much here,but I don't know what else to do .

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 02:27:28 pm »
Yeah, sorry to hear you are feeling down, I know at times getting a logical answer when venting is not helpful either.

At least you have the month before the season starts so you have some time to look for another gig.

I'm sorry I vent so much here,but I don't know what else to do .

Don't be sorry, feel free to vent, that's part of the reason for a community forum.
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2019, 01:25:42 pm »
Apparently I got "de-hired". So the job I was told I got,and I was told I was hired,got taken and they called me one month later to tell me.
I now am in a panic to find a job for the season. I just wanna punch something........
How is it fair to say to someone that he is hired and a month later you cancel that.

I agree, it's very janky that they would pull such a move.  However, ask yourself this-- is a company that treats employees this way a company I would want to work for?  They may have saved you grief further down the road.

Life can be challenging sometimes, regardless of HIV status.  How one bounces back from those challenges is what defines our own personal success. 

Keep that chin up!
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline fabio

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2019, 03:42:37 pm »
Yeah,I guess they saved me the trouble of working with liars.
It's just so difficult for me to actually get my chin up all my 23 years of being alive. Misfortune after misfortune. I hope I do get a good day at least once in my life.
Also thank you :)

Offline Dfwguy

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2019, 11:41:12 am »
A wise person once told me that people come in two groups. Those that get the shitty stuff out of the way while young....and those that have smooth sailing while young and have the shitty stuff to deal with as they turn old. 

As I am almost 60 years old, I can tell you , I have found this to be true.
You are just getting the shitty part out of the way now. Once you clear past this-
 you should have smooth sailing from then on.  Hang in there.  It will get better

HIV dx .  08/1985

Offline fabio

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2019, 05:36:12 am »
I did get a new job in the end with better pay,but in a location were there's more drunk youth haha.
I believe I will get all the shit now and live later. I just hope I don't get the shit happen all my life. But I guess "all my life" is quite long now. In such a long time everything could change

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2019, 05:53:33 am »
Glad to hear you found a new job  :)
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2019 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.