Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 13, 2020, 10:24:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 755110
  • Total Topics: 63766
  • Online Today: 192
  • Online Ever: 4912
  • (November 13, 2019, 02:56:14 am)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 152
Total: 154

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Moving to Germany for 3 months...  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Riseandrise

• Rise and rise again until lambs become lions.
Moving to Germany for 3 months...
« on: February 14, 2019, 08:54:21 am »
Hello,

I am from Mexico and I have the opportunity to move to Germany for 3 months...
At first I was supper happy because I was competing to get into the project and now I am worried because I donít know if they can deny my work visa because of my status.

Can I take 3 months of meds with me? I am currently taking Efavirenz + Emtricitabine and Tenofovir (the equivalent of Atripla)

I will be contacting some HIV associations to see whatís the best option.
Hopefully Iíll be able to go.

any experience about moving to Germany?

I does have been there a couple of times but I donít know the process about going there As a temporary resident.

Thank you so much for your help!

Offline Mojito

Re: Moving to Germany for 3 months...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 04:11:47 pm »
I have worked in Germany and they do not require you to disclose your health status or any medical condition for getting work visa. Neither they ask you to undergo any medical check up. If you are only going to stay for 3 months, I would suggest to carry you medicine with prescription and a note from your doctor. The note need not say that these medicines are for HIV but can state that its for chronic medical condition.

Also carry some extra pills just in case your stay gets extended for some reason. I always do carry a bottle extra.

Offline leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 06:07:36 pm »
Also carry some extra pills just in case your stay gets extended for some reason
always great advice when traveling. As rare as some things can be, earthquakes, blizzards, floods, tsunamis, and volcanoes can and do happen, often delaying travel routes for days at a time.
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

chart from 1992-2017
Tivicay/Prezcobix

Offline Riseandrise

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 09:33:05 am »
I have worked in Germany and they do not require you to disclose your health status or any medical condition for getting work visa. Neither they ask you to undergo any medical check up. If you are only going to stay for 3 months, I would suggest to carry you medicine with prescription and a note from your doctor. The note need not say that these medicines are for HIV but can state that its for chronic medical condition.

Also carry some extra pills just in case your stay gets extended for some reason. I always do carry a bottle extra.

Thank you!

I will ask my doctor for a note.
I was filling up the application form for the medical insurance and they don't ask for pre-existing conditions.
So I am more confortable and qualm after that.

I will update the thread after the visa application and medical insurance it's done.

Once again, thank you so much!

Offline Riseandrise

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 05:20:15 pm »
Hello again :)

I said that I was going to update this, it might be helpful for someone out there.

Went to the German Consulate a couple weeks ago, I didnít had any problem. Everything was smooth.

I was worried about traveling to Europe with 4 mo the worth of meds, since I took two different pills (itís pretty much atripla but two pills instead of one). I was worried bucause i was traveling with 8 bottles of meds and me and my old friend (paranoia) were making stories about what was going to happen.

I flew from Mexico City - United States - MŁnich and nobody said a word about my meds. I took a copy of my prescription and a copy of my social security booklet.

The emotional side note that nobody asked for:

As a newbie on this I was terrified 4 year ago after my diagnosis (sometimes Iím still paranoid about it, Iím a profesional overthinker). I just decided to keep going, life is already hard when we are on our twenties trying to figure it out after college. I want to have a nice (or at least a decent) job, have a family, build a career, be healthy and live happy. Donít let the stress of your (our) new condition let you down.

Hopefully the info would be helpful for someone.

Thanks to all of you for your support!

Offline Frenchy

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 03:38:27 pm »
Rise,
I'm just dropping these little lines here to let you know that if you need anything in Germany, let me know. I suppose you don't speak the language!

In fact, some members of my family live in there, they ate Italians and speak also Spanish. Just in case!

All the best.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2020 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.