Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 20, 2019, 09:07:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 741054
  • Total Topics: 61647
  • Online Today: 269
  • Online Ever: 1421
  • (August 13, 2016, 05:18:44 am)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 102
Total: 105

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating  (Read 318 times)

Offline ldnguy

Dating
« on: February 10, 2019, 02:43:56 pm »
Hey ,

So i am a couple years into my diagnosis , i was undetectable within 3 months of diagnosis and mentally i did not let the whole situation bother me at all .... now i am thinking about dating and getting into a relationship , this has started to play on my mind as i literally have no idea how i can ever do this without coming clean to somebody eventually , my only idea is to find another HIV+ person to date ( i am heterosexual just for your information ) , at least that way we would be on the same level mentally from the start.

Any advice where to start even looking for dates and dealing with his would be greatly appreciated.

I have told nobody about my diagnosis and do not ever intend to , the stigma is still there and even more so in the heterosexual world i believe .

I hope my post reads to you as i intended it too .

Thanks all :)

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
Re: Dating
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 03:39:02 pm »
Hiya

Well dating is a topic that comes up often enough.
Recently as example: https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=71613.msg

Any advice where to start even looking for dates and dealing with his would be greatly appreciated.

Bars, pubs, the office, through friends, shops etc

So the normal day to day places where one would meet/be in contact with women normally works pretty well for me. 

Although I did have a time I would pretend to be buying stuff in mother-care for the kids so I could pick up the single mothers ... I'm not proud of it although not ashamed either.   

I have told nobody about my diagnosis and do not ever intend to , the stigma is still there and even more so in the heterosexual world i believe

Stigma always will be there for plenty of things. Personally on the HIV front i've always told about it early on so that way its not an issue down the line should a relationship become more serious, and i can literally count on one hand the "No thank you's" as a result, it's that rare.

I think most of the women I've dated simply appreciated the honesty and had no issues or questions, a few had questions before we moved on from there.  Depends on the delivery and timing of the information I suppose.

my only idea is to find another HIV+ person to date

Ill be honest I've only ever dated one HIV+ women that worked out for a while.
All the others I met in the dating sense were complete nutters with serious paranoia, trust issues or the worst yet god issues  :(

So its not something I am personally in a hurry to try again, however that's just my personal experience with HIV+ Women. I am not saying its all like that and you could give the poz personals a try. https://personals.poz.com

Take it easy and good luck

Jim
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 03:56:11 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Transmission and Risks
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline ldnguy

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 03:28:08 am »
Hi Jim , thanks for the reply buddy .

I probably worded my post wrong, i have no problem with meeting girls or any confidence issues dating ,HOWEVER  my problem is getting serious with anyone and having that conversation , i do not think i ever want to do that or ever could do that ( hence my theory about dating other HIV+ women )

haha thanks for sharing your experience on HIV dating ! that is kinda worrying lol

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 11:40:25 pm »
haha thanks for sharing your experience on HIV dating ! that is kinda worrying lol

Well you can always give it a try and, see how you get on.
Nothing to loose so, good luck.

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Transmission and Risks
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2019 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.