Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 17, 2019, 09:14:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 740939
  • Total Topics: 61630
  • Online Today: 190
  • Online Ever: 1421
  • (August 13, 2016, 05:18:44 am)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 149
Total: 152

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: old time jokes  (Read 218 times)

Offline em

old time jokes
« on: February 05, 2019, 01:11:37 am »
One of my older relatives  one time had said their  grand  father had a hardware store and he used to hang a sign on the door gone whaling be back in three years

If you tell the story you might have to mention your great great grand father had a hardware store in the eighteen hundreds

so I can explain to others not aware of history.  store signs to hang on the front door . out to lunch be back in an hour gone fishing be back tomorrow. eighteen hundreds whalers used to go whaling for three year journeys.

I am so old I was there when they invented water.   ya that is how old I am. and you should have heard the crowds cheer. cause they were thirsty ?

put long pauses between to bewilder a young audience trying to comprehend the concept. water was invented ?

both the above I believe to be vaudeville joke

made me think of the song  and the band played on , not so much the movie but the song from 1895 they have versions of it on Youtube haunting melody that reminds me of so many people dancing the nights away many many years ago. it was a hit song of its time.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 01:46:16 am by em »

Offline em

Re: old time jokes
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 05:09:06 am »
This joke is not very old but maybe to some but I thought it funny

this guy has been chasing this girl for a while to the verge of stalking 

she says I am so aggravated with you why don't you just go away.

then filled with aggravation she says I would not date you if you were the last man on earth

so he smiles from ear to ear

she says why are you smiling?

then he says,  so what you are saying is I have a chance ?

Offline em

Re: old time jokes
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 10:48:30 pm »
I found this funny when describing some of the women in my life I came up with this in the nineteen eighties. so I did not take the idea from rent 

She is twice the man I never wanted to be . this is to say someone is butch ?

when I first felt like I had  started to feel old and tired I had said I feel like half the man I used to be ?

I was asked on many occasions about HIV and if I were MSM bi  or what I usually look and think as flattered  as i am. very personal question  are you curious or are you hitting on me ?  .

I had given it much thought and came up with please define MAN and WOMAN ?

not so much to dodge the question even though it was good dodge if that  is what you want to call it

but I know some men that are more women and better at it then some women.

I know so many women that are so more manly then most men.

that is life .

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2019 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.