Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2019, 02:57:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 747386
  • Total Topics: 62614
  • Online Today: 315
  • Online Ever: 1421
  • (August 13, 2016, 05:18:44 am)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 258
Total: 260

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Fairlyoddboii - Introduction thread - On Biktarvy  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Fairlyoddboii

Fairlyoddboii - Introduction thread - On Biktarvy
« on: January 03, 2019, 03:45:37 am »
Hey Guys, I'm Timmy. Diagnosed 9.17.18 started Biktarvy 12.4.18. I have had only one side effect and that is very soft and frequent bowel movements. My VL was 181k when the labs were ran 11.8.18. My first labs since beginning treatment are on the 7th of January. I'm excited and nervous to see how well biktarvy is working.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
Re: Fairlyoddboii - Introduction thread - On Biktarvy
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 04:15:03 am »
Hiya,

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis but welcome to the forum and, glad to hear you are on treatment. I've moved your post into its own thread so you have an introduction thread as a new member.

Regarding the stool issues "diarrhea" its pretty common when starting treatment for the first time, normally it settles so don't stress it.  Are you taking any-other meds besides ART?  Anyhow do report it when you see your doctor and, anecdotally speaking eating daily live probiotic yogurt seems to help

Take it easy

Jim   

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/nausea-vomiting-diarrhea

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Transmission and Risks
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline harleymc

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 11:42:32 pm »
Hi FairlyOdd

Welcome to our diverse little 'club'.

Back in my time I had to wait 5 years before going onto any sort of treatment so I'm chuffed that people are going onto treatment fast these days.

I occasionally still get an upset gut, not often but enough that I have a packet of  'gastro-stop' (active ingredient Loperamide) sitting in the desk drawer at work and another at home.  You might be able to find something similar from a pharmacist/ chemist..

Good luck with it all.

You may be

Offline Fairlyoddboii

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 10:59:54 am »
I take Adderall (ADHD) and Wellbutrin (MDD/BIPOLAR II)  as well as Zyrtec daily. Thanks for the advice it's super appreciated.

Offline Fairlyoddboii

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 11:24:10 am »
Hiya,

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis but welcome to the forum and, glad to hear you are on treatment. I've moved your post into its own thread so you have an introduction thread as a new member.

Regarding the stool issues "diarrhea" its pretty common when starting treatment for the first time, normally it settles so don't stress it.  Are you taking any-other meds besides ART?  Anyhow do report it when you see your doctor and, anecdotally speaking eating daily live probiotic yogurt seems to help

Take it easy

Jim   

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/nausea-vomiting-diarrhea

Had my doctor's appointment for lab work on the 7th. Told her about the diarrhea, she ordered Mytesi. Just logged into my app to see if the results were in and they were.

Nov 8 labs / Jan 7 labs
ART-Biktarvy began Dec 4

VL 182000 / 60
CD4 502 / 625
% 27.9 / 32.9
CD4 SUP 999 / 882
CD8 POS LYMPH 55.5 / 46.4
4/8 RATIO .5 / .71

I know that 181k to 60 is awesome, I actually almost cried. Any help with the rest of the results is appreciated.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 12:24:51 pm »
 8) From 181 to 60 I VL in 2 months is fantastic results congrats   :)

CD4 range & % were and are pretty much normal, so now your stable on treatment they are rather irrelevant from this stage onwards at least no need to focus on them.

CD4 / 8 ratio 0.7 .. tends to be a tad lower with poeple living with HIV but it's grand, great would be 0.9 to 2 ish but give your body time.

Your fine as far as I can tell as a layman.

How do you feel?? That's the million dollar question.

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Transmission and Risks
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline TexasDragon

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 06:20:57 pm »
Fairlyoddboii -

Amazing! Great! Terriffic!

I go next week after being on Biktarvy one month - hoping for similar results!
Exposure 10-04-2018
Dx 11-08-2018
1st Appt 11-15-2018
11-15-2018 Blood Draw - CD4 468 11% VL 316,000
2nd Appt 12-04-2018 - Hep A and B Vaccines
Start of Biktarvy 12-14-2018
3rd Appt 01-15-2019 - All Good - 2nd Hep B Vaccine
01-16-2019 Blood Draw - CD4 934 28% VL 98
4th Appt 04-16-2019 - All Good - Final Hep B Vaccine
04-16-2019 Blood Draw - CD4 873 30% VL <20

Offline harleymc

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 07:23:50 pm »
Well done fairlyodd!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2019 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.