Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 25, 2019, 08:40:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 742321
  • Total Topics: 61842
  • Online Today: 351
  • Online Ever: 1421
  • (August 13, 2016, 05:18:44 am)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 304
Total: 306

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Am I Infected

Welcome to the "Am I Infected?" POZ forum.

New members -- those who have posted three or fewer messages -- are permitted to post questions and responses, free of charge (make them count!). Ongoing participation in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- posting more than three questions or responses -- requires a paid subscription.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There will be no charge to continue reading threads in the "Am I Infected?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the Main Forums; Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits; and Off Topic Forums. Similarly, all POZ pages, including our "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "Am I Infected? (A Guide to Testing for HIV)" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Am I Infected?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Am I Infected?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Possible encouter on 21st of december in Thailand  (Read 402 times)

Offline GullibleIdiot

• Standard
Possible encouter on 21st of december in Thailand
« on: January 09, 2019, 10:27:29 am »
First off, thanks for this wonderful site.

So this is my story...

I am currently in Thailand, but going home tomorrow, plane leaves in 11 hours.

When I ordered a ticket to Thailand I had already signed up for an account on a thai dating site. I uploaded a picture of myself, and actually made an honest self review. Somewhat overweight, shy, steady job, cancer survivor and looking for a long-term relationship with a nice lady aged 30-45. I also specified that I was not looking for a working girl.

Not to many replies, but there was a few. A girl caught my eye, she was pretty, the right age (41, I am 45). She already had two grownup kids and was not planning on any more, perfect for me. She wrote in her profile that she worked in real estate and that she was also on the lookout for a man in her life. We kept on chatting online, and I eventually got her skype address. So we even skyped with webcams. It was nice to see her, I really enjoyed our conversations. Her English is not perfect, but more than good enough, and after spending a few weeks in country I would say her English is a perfect 8/10 compared to the norm in Thailand. She seemed well educated.

Well aware of the time difference between Thailand and Europe, there was nothing alarming on when she was online. And when she had a red status on skype it wasn't for more than 5-10minutes, when we skyped it was longer.

So I boarded the plane on the 15th of December. I was to meet her in Hua Hin. So I pre-booked a nice 4 star hotel in the center of town for two persons in case we "clicked" and liked each other in real life too. But when I Skyped her upon arriving, she said she had just gone to Pattaya to help her sister with her kids. I know that the alarmbells should have rung at this moment, but I was kind blind and desperate to meet her as I had started getting feelings for this woman. I asked when she was due back to Hua Hin, she was not sure and asked me to come to Pattaya to meet her.

Again being the gullible idiot I am, I stayed for 4 days in Hua Hin and took the boat over to Pattaya. I meet her the first night there. She was funny, showed me plenty of pictures of her family. I have to admit, then and there I was in AWE, she is funny and was nice to have conversation with face to face. We went out for dinner, and after a couple of hers preferred red whine bottles later, we went to a night club. At the night club she asked if we should go to the VIP section, but I said it would be to expensive, but she had a VIP card (Another alarming moment!). There I ordered beer and drinks. I became drunk as hell.

I had not planned for this to happen so soon, but at the end of the night she joined me at my hotel as I did not want her to drive what she said was her sisters motorbike with alcohol in her blood. I did use a condom, but it broke when she was on top. The stage lasted for many minutes, I would guess between 10-15 minutes and I am not sure when it broke. I kind of freaked when I saw the condom was broken, and ran into the shower washed my genital area as good as I could. She washed herself and told me not to worry as she was unable to have more kids and showed a huge scar on her belly.

Eventually we fell asleep. The next morning, I struck with an eerie feeling, something was not right. Her English was not good anymore when I said I was worried about the condom breaking, she suddenly had to leave early and skipped our planned breakfast. But I was to meet her again at 15:00. As soon as she left the hotel, fear struck me.

Thailand is the land of HIV and STDs and thai girls is famous for not telling the whole truth. But why would she lie, she showed me pictures of her family, including mother, sister, her kids, her sisters kids, and even from the office where she worked. We had talked online on webcam for a couple of months and she did delete her profile on the dating site when I said I had booked a flight. She did not ask for money or anything else. Anyway I googled for a doctor and found a European one in Jomtien area.

I got a taxi and the ride seemed like an eternity. Upon arriving I was meet by this French doctor, told him the story as written above. He said that this was sadly a common story. This is a known tactic from working girls to snare in people like myself. Not asking for any money at first, but when the holiday comes to a close all of a sudden a tragic struck the family and gullible idiots like my self have fallen in love and pays up for some "hospital bill" for her kids or mother or a sick buffalo. Some even agree to send money on a monthly basis. Giving a believable story about work and other stuff, when the reality could be something completely different.

But as he said, she might even be telling the truth.

He said it would be advisable to start a 30 day treatment of Zilarvir twice per day and one tablet of Stocrin daily. He also said before I could start, I had to test for HIV my self. And if possible both to come in the next day for a series of tests. I have never (before) been with a prostitute, nor have I have I ever been a dude that have been laying around on one night stands. And sure enough the test was negative as expected. I took the first Zilarvir pill then and there, and started a regime of pills every 12 hours. The doc said that in the unlikely event she is positive, and that I had the virus infection these pills would ensure that any virus in my body died before they could do any harm.

I meet up with PAM (her nickname) as we agreed later that day, and I showed her my HIV negative certificate. She seemed kind of shocked and asked why. I told her that it was a gesture on my behalf, and asked if she wanted to accompany me to the doctor the next day for her own test, and perhaps other STD tests and I was to take the same tests as her, just to be certain. I would of course pay I said. She agreed and said it was a good idea. We went out for dinner, but she did not talk that much today, but was more interested in her cellphone texting a lot. During dinner she got a call from her sister, or so she said. Speaking in thai I did not understand a single word. She talked on the phone for about 5 minutes, and said that she had to go just now because of problems with her sisters kids. Family first she said, and I said that I agreed. But she now asked me for some cash to cabs since she did not ride her bike that day. I gave her 3000 bath so that she could come to my hotel the next day and join me for a trip to the doctor. (As I already said I am blind and I was/am in love).

The next day I waited and waited at my hotel, but she never came. I fired up Skype, her account was gone. I reactivated my account on the dating site, her account was not reactivated or blocking me. She had just vanished from the face of the earth. I do not have facebook, and she said to me that she did not use facebook either. I signed up for a LINE account and started to search for her there - but unable to find her searching on profiles in Hua Hin and Pattaya.

It was at this moment I really started to freak, but also felt a lot of heart sorrow. Had I scared her away by asking for a HIV test? Or did she knew that she already is positive? Does she have any STDs? Is she a bar girl? Prostitute? WHAT HAVE GOTTEN MY SELF INTO HERE?!

I spent the next couple of days roaming the streets of pattaya, checking bars and gogos to see if I could find her. I even went online checked as many real estate agencies as I could find, both in Hua Hin and Pattaya. I was not able to find her. I talked with other hollidaymakers (the shady kind of expats on Gogos and those very active at different bars) and girls at the bars, showed the one picture I have of her, if they had seen her. One person said that he was almost certain he had seen her freelancing on beachroad a couple of weeks earlier. Fear struck me even more - freelancers is the most scary kind of prostitutes.

I needed to get out of Pattaya, I was weighing my options, I wanted to go home. But then again I wanted to find her and I wanted to stay. Back home its winter and cold. To clear up my mind, I traveled to Lamai on Koh Samui, to feel somewhat normal for a week, and then to return to Pattaya and look for her once more. Sadly I did not find her again.

I traveled to Bangkok on the 4th of January, trying to be a normal tourist for the rest of my stay, enjoying the food. But inside I was/am shaking a leaf during a storm. I have not seen any signs of STDs, my genitalia look and feel normal.

I have been on these pills for 20 days now. However one night, I was about 5 hours late on the night pills, I was visiting the the night marked and got into an eating frenzy on one of Mark Wiens favorite places. Time just flew by. But I read once or twice with a few hours should not change the outcome, even if one forgot one day it would be OK to just skip that one, and continue as usual if one is close the next time.

But two days later I started to feel a sore throat, today my I have mild fever and I both my shoulders and back is aching. A small lump has formed on the right side of my nose, but it is not visual. Touge is kind of white, but taste in mouth is normal. My cough is not "dry" as there are mucus coming up. The throat has become a lot better after turning off the Aircodition in my room, but still itching. I like to believe that the aching is due to me walking 10km a day in this massive city. I have had the occasional beer almost daily, but not been drunk since the 21st of December. And sore back is something I have had now and then for the last couple of years.

Plan is to take a rapid test this Friday - hopefully it will show up as negative. However is 22 days to short of a time for this test? Next I will go and see my doc ASAP for the full spectrum of tests - and a followup a couple of months later.

Wish me luck.

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
Re: Possible encouter on 21st of december in Thailand
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 11:23:57 am »
You're way overthinking things, I get your scared but some of your comments are plain misinformed borderline offensive, anyhow i will put it down to irrational fear.

Anyhow your HIV risk assessment:

The condom broke, until it broke you were protected and as the insertive partner it's also a reduced HIV risk.

Questions I need to know to complete your assessment:

How soon after the condom broke did you start the HIV meds as PEP? (
Zilarvir twice per day and one tablet of Stocrin daily
)

When do you finish the 30 days course of meds?

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions.  Consider starting PrEP as an additional layer of HIV prevention going forward.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as safe in terms of HIV might still pose a risk for transmission of other far easier to acquire STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

More information on HIV Basics, PEP, TaSP and Transmission can be found through the links in my signature to our POZ pages, this includes information on HIV Testing

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
I
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Transmission and Risks
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline GullibleIdiot

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 11:49:32 am »
You're way overthinking things, I get your scared but some of your comments are plain misinformed borderline offensive, anyhow i will put it down to irrational fear.

Anyhow your HIV risk assessment:

The condom broke, until it broke you were protected and as the insertive partner it's also a reduced HIV risk.

Questions I need to know to complete your assessment:

How soon after the condom broke did you start the HIV meds as PEP? ()

Hi I am sorry. I guess I do overthink things - ever since my encounter I have been afraid. I had cancer once, that was scary, but this actually scare me even more (even if it shouldn't because of all the treatment there is today).

I just found it so strange that she vanished after I suggested we both should be tested for STDs just to be safe. I have also thought that the reason she vanished is that I perhaps not was the person she thought I was.

To answer your question, I took the first pill about 8-10 hours after the condom broke on 21st of December it is 30 day treatment the doc said.

Edit: Just to make a statement. I did never mention why I was looking for her to ANYBODY. When someone asked, I said it was because I wanted to see her again.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 11:52:28 am by GullibleIdiot »

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 12:00:38 pm »
I just found it so strange that she vanished after I suggested we both should be tested for STDs just to be safe. I have also thought that the reason she vanished is that I perhaps not was the person she thought I was

Strange, stressed Western man trying to make a woman test when she has nothing to prove and it's none of his business ... Also if she tested that day all it would mean is she was negative some 3 months ago, no good to you, rather irrelevant

Anyhow look if what you posted is correct I fully expect a negative result when you test. So relax!

Test for HIV at 6 weeks post finishing the medication with an approved antibodies tesr for a result. This result will rarely ever  change however test if you wish at 3 months post finishing the meds for a conculsive result.

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Transmission and Risks
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2019 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.