Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 25, 2019, 08:34:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 742321
  • Total Topics: 61842
  • Online Today: 351
  • Online Ever: 1421
  • (August 13, 2016, 05:18:44 am)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 313
Total: 317

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Am I Infected

Welcome to the "Am I Infected?" POZ forum.

New members -- those who have posted three or fewer messages -- are permitted to post questions and responses, free of charge (make them count!). Ongoing participation in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- posting more than three questions or responses -- requires a paid subscription.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There will be no charge to continue reading threads in the "Am I Infected?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the Main Forums; Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits; and Off Topic Forums. Similarly, all POZ pages, including our "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "Am I Infected? (A Guide to Testing for HIV)" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Am I Infected?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Am I Infected?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Condom break at Middle near base  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Ptomas

• Standard
Condom break at Middle near base
« on: December 21, 2018, 07:37:33 pm »
Good night, on the 8th at dawn I had an encounter with a prostitute with whom the condom was used, I was somewhat drunk but I remember that I saw it as an air bubble and in the end she told me that we no longer followed what I accepted.
At hrs I checked my trouser bag and had stored the condom on paper and noticed that it was broken but not at the tip but almost at the base in the middle precisely and was not broken, but was a kind of hole but did not cover all the condom circumference but only "one side"
Symptom 1: Three days later I started with throat discomfort with phlegm and cough with phlegm.
Symptom 2: I have had a slight headache during some parts of the day but it is quite mild and it is in the upper part of the head and other times it is coming to the neck from behind.
Symptom 3: I feel that I have had a fever and cold, but here in my country the temperature fluctuates this season between 12-20 ° c until today I was checking and it does not go from 37.5 to much.
Symptom 4: I felt strange for the part of the left amygdala that it was a ganglion but it happens to me when I turn my head to another direction and it is not always, I do not have red or heat in that part at the moment.
Symptom 5: My right elbow and right shoulder hurts a bit but it is only when I move it in a certain direction

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
Re: Condom break at Middle near base
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 03:15:02 am »
Hiya

Your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV. See a doctor and treat whatever is making you sick.

Stop holding onto used condoms in your bag, when condoms break during the intercourse they shred leaving no doubt, there is no need to be running around with used condoms in your bags.

I doubt you had any real HIV exposure from this encounter but you were also intoxicated at the time so test for peace of mind if you are unsure of what happened.
Guideline is to test at 6 week post possible exposure and again at 3 months to confirm with an approved HIV antibodies test

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

More information on HIV Basics, PEP, TaSP and Transmission can be found through the links in my signature to our POZ pages, this includes information on HIV Testing

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 04:43:59 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Transmission and Risks
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ptomas

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 12:47:18 pm »
I'm really sure that the condom breaks during intercourse I remember that was at the end, I don´t ejeculate, but I definitely stop the sex when does happen, even so you could have the same opinion about it? besides that, later I peed on the toilet and that was all.
I doubt you had any real HIV exposure from this encounter

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 01:38:00 pm »
My assessment remains the same.

I doubt you had any real HIV exposure from this encounter but you were also intoxicated at the time so test for peace of mind if you are unsure of what happened.
Guideline is to test at 6 week post possible exposure and again at 3 months to confirm with an approved HIV antibodies test
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ptomas

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 04:41:57 pm »
It is possible due my stress and anxiety I develop some of the symptons that listed above? or even develop more symptons like diarrea or ulcer in my tongue?

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 04:50:05 pm »
Anxiety & Stress can cause all kinds of physical problems asides from lowering the immune function on top of it and, coincidence does happen more often than people like to admit. We only have several thousands examples of this on the forum. 

Anyhow your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV from this incident regardless of your HIV status, I hope you feel better soon but simply see a doctor and treat whatever is making you sick.

As for your HIV risk assessment it remains unchanged:

you were also intoxicated at the time so test for peace of mind if you are unsure of what happened. Guideline is to test at 6 week post possible exposure and again at 3 months to confirm with an approved HIV antibodies test

Jim
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 12:16:20 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 04:46:39 am »
You're post was removed and I am not going to warn again.

As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

Nothing you mentioned in your removed post changes your assessment, for peace of mind test, guidelines is to test at 6 week post possible exposure and again at 3 months to confirm with an approved HIV antibodies test.

Jim
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ptomas

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 08:37:24 pm »
Sorry, I didnt read all the rules....

I am terribly affected after find this

https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=68466.0

I know that could be some of the very rare %  that you all talked were the insertive ended up positive, but I'm freaking out right now.

I still have throat with phlegm, it not sore at all but I felt my left side of my head aching, like I have ear infection or something, near my neck. Maybe is swollen nodes or something, but I cannot see anything changes of size on them.

I noticed a little wound in my penis, near glans, I remember now that the condom slip during intercourse and maybe that's why I have the little wound, taking this in consideration the risk change?

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 09:25:56 pm »
Yeah it happens and?

Getting stressed over someone's "story" who had a reactive (happens all the time) unconfirmed result and unlikely to be confirmed is irrelevant to you.

Your assessment simply remains unchanged. You were the insertive partner protected by a condom until it broke at worst and at best it did not break but you were messing around with the condom some hours later out of irrational fear and convinced yourself it broke when you had no risk...

To be sure for peace of mind test, guidelines is to test at 6 week post possible exposure and again at 3 months to confirm with an approved HIV antibodies test.

you were also intoxicated at the time so test for peace of mind if you are unsure of what happened. Guideline is to test at 6 week post possible exposure and again at 3 months to confirm with an approved HIV antibodies test

Jim
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 09:34:38 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ptomas

• Standard
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 09:38:45 pm »
I thought that a wound done in the intercourse would add more risk, maybe for ease my mind I will test tomorrow, because I will have four weeks since the encounter, I know is not definitly pero maybe it will ease my mind.

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 09:46:16 pm »
No it would not make any difference.

Try to relax, your stressing yourself out for no good reason. Even if you had unprotected intercourse it would not warrant stressing out to this degree

Look test if you must, Ill be honest I very much doubt the condom broke during the intercourse drunk or not it would have shredded and you would have recalled peeling a split wide open condom off your penis. It simply sounds more like it broke in handling after the intercourse!

The only reason I am saying test is for peace of mind as you seem to be telling two stories and was drunk at the time ... I'll say this if this was your only sexual encounter in your life the result will be negative!

Again by all means to be sure for peace of mind test, . My assessment of this encounter regardless is not going to change, the guidelines is to test at 6 week post possible exposure and again at 3 months to confirm with an approved HIV antibodies test

Jim
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 09:53:02 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ptomas

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 10:02:59 pm »
Look test if you must, Ill be honest I very much doubt the condom broke during the intercourse drunk or not you would have recalled peeling a split wide open condom off your penis.

As I said, I don't know if was an air bubble or the hole, because as I said, I was drunk.

The only reason I am saying test is for peace of mind as you seem to be telling two stories and was drunk at the time ... I'll say this if this was your only sexual encounter in your life the result will be negative!

Same storie, but I forgot to mention the slippery condom.

Again by all means to be sure for peace of mind test, . My assessment of this encounter regardless is not going to change, the guidelines is to test at 6 week post possible exposure and again at 3 months to confirm with an approved HIV antibodies test

Sure, tomorrow only for ease my mind, later at 6 weeks, and three months lately, you're really friendly.

So, I read your other post about Bartholind's glans, but if the fluids that came from this are not infectuos and the cervical does, that does mean that if my penis were a big one I can touch the cervix mucuos and maybe that will be more risky If I had not wear a condom? (this is only to educate me)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 10:17:32 pm by Ptomas »

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 10:24:24 pm »
As I said, I don't know if was an air bubble or the hole, because as I said, I was drunk.

Again drunk or not if it failed during the intercourse it would have scredded/torn leaving no doubt. Regarding the condom being slippery, irrelevant.

tomorrow only for ease my mind, later at 6 weeks, and three months lately, you're really helfully

By all means indeed go test.

If this was your only sexual encounter in life than fully expect a negative result.

So, I read your other post about Bartholind's glans, but if the fluids that came from this are not infectuos and the cervical does, that does mean that if my penis were a big one I can touch the cervix mucuos and maybe that will be more risky If I had not wear a condom? (this is only to educate me)

Small or large penis, deep or shallow vagina .. If you engaged in unprotected intercourse well it would simply meet all the conditions required for aquiring HIV.

It's true bartholind gland fluids are not a concern, it's however normally a topic for certain oral sex questions and in cases of unprotected intercourse I always recommend testing regardless of how well endowed someone happens to be or not.

Jim
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 10:27:03 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ptomas

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 10:33:15 pm »
If this was your only sexual encounter in life than fully expect a negative result.

No, it wasn't my first and only sexual encounter, in fact I have a wife and I really f*cked with this incident, that's why I'm very anxios and stressed. I think I will look at the condoms and lubs links you have over the site.

mall or large penis, deep or shallow vagina .. If you engaged in unprotected intercourse well it would simply meet all the conditions required for aquiring HIV.

It's true bartholind gland fluids are not a concern, it's however normally a topic for certain oral sex questions and in cases of unprotected intercourse I always recommend testing regardless of how well endowed someone happens to be or not.

Thanks for the exaplanation.

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2019, 04:35:36 am »
Look no amount of guilt is going to change anything and stressing over nothing is clearly not doing you any good.  Test for peace of mind but try to relax.

in fact I have a wife

I'm going to tell you the same thing i tell all people with a partner, as hard as it is to accept if you plan to have or have had unprotected intercourse with your partner, well its a risk to you.

This as it meets all the biological conditions needed for acquiring HIV.  Now I don't judge couples that decide to engage in unprotected intercourse, its often based on trust within a relationship, however just note this trust or faith does not prevent HIV and any unprotected intercourse is simply accepting a possible risk to you of acquiring HIV.

Just be aware of the risk and test frequently.

Jim

HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ptomas

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2019, 01:07:24 pm »
Phew! Negative after four weeks i know is not conclusive but I least ease my mind for another two weeks.

Offline Ptomas

• Standard
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2019, 01:13:18 pm »
Jim,
Most people will test positive by 22-28 days, guidelines are to test at 6 weeks and again at 13 weeks to confirm the result. 6 weeks will pick up on the vast majority of cases , the 13 weeks is to exclude any outliers

The outliers of chemo treatment, drug user, etc, if im not one of them, can i be safe to test negative at six weeks?

I read in another post that you've see people test positive after seven weeks or so, in any/what case will this happen?

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2019, 01:32:33 pm »
The outliers of chemo treatment, drug user, etc
No I don't presume that in the testing guideline given.

Test at 6 weeks with an approved antibodies test as its rare to ever see this result change. If you want to confirm this result as conclusive that's fully up to you, than test at 3 months post exposure with an approved antibodies test.

Jim
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 01:45:03 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ptomas

• Standard
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2019, 01:44:31 pm »
as its rare to ever see this result change
When this may happen?

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2019, 01:51:14 pm »
Next to obvious reasons mentioned and also PEP/PrEP users its an average, and some people (rare) for no reason just take slightly longer than "average" to develop the antibodies at levels detectable than 4-6 weeks, again its rare.

Now I am not going to go on the merry go round of irrelevant questions with you.

You think you had a risk, than go test at 6 weeks with an approved antibodies test. As said its highly rare to ever see this result change. If you can't accept this result or want to confirm this result as conclusive that's fully up to you, than test at 3 months post exposure with an approved antibodies test.

Jim

« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 02:04:58 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2019, 01:56:53 pm »
Look you can keep asking me questions over and over again but the end of the day my assessment is not going to change and neither is the basic testing guidelines I gave you.

Accept it or don't, up to you.

I doubt the encounter was any HIV risk whatsoever, the partner is and I am telling you to test for peace of mind if you are concerned so you can move on with your life!

So I wish you well, I mean that but do try to relax and stop stressing!

Jim

Look no amount of guilt is going to change anything and stressing over nothing is clearly not doing you any good.  Test for peace of mind but try to relax.

I'm going to tell you the same thing i tell all people with a partner, as hard as it is to accept if you plan to have or have had unprotected intercourse with your partner, well its a risk to you.

This as it meets all the biological conditions needed for acquiring HIV.  Now I don't judge couples that decide to engage in unprotected intercourse, its often based on trust within a relationship, however just note this trust or faith does not prevent HIV and any unprotected intercourse is simply accepting a possible risk to you of acquiring HIV.

Just be aware of the risk and test frequently.

Jim
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ptomas

• Standard
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2019, 02:28:29 pm »
What other name receive the approved antibodies test, in my last test few days ago is not defined, as is only says negative with my personal information.

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2019, 02:38:07 pm »
No lab would be running an unapproved antibodies assay. So relax it could be one of a dozen and all equally fine.

Unapproved is mainly poeple buying crap tests from dogy online sellers.

Jim
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ptomas

• Standard
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2019, 11:48:38 am »
Jim, if my encounter was the 8th dec I should then test at 2nd march, thats when the 12 week after my exposure, or should I test at march 9?

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2019, 11:53:36 am »
12 weeks is fine
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2019 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.