Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 14, 2018, 02:05:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 33696
  • Latest: RIGuy80
Stats
  • Total Posts: 737704
  • Total Topics: 61108
  • Online Today: 246
  • Online Ever: 1421
  • (August 13, 2016, 05:18:44 am)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 218
Total: 219

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Mrs Claus younger sister infected me. It was not my fault, I just shagged her.  (Read 588 times)

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
The "Infected" question and being sensitive about it.

Lets be honest, leaving for the moment aside the very traumatic yet overall minor or highly rare cases of deliberate transmission acts when speaking about HIV overall so rape etc, the simply fact is the vast majority of adults acquiring HIV simply do so through voluntary routes and from this the primarily one is sex, and a smaller group though sharing injection equipment.

Now these acts are done by millions upon millions of people each day and particularly for the sex route, I would ague that it is part of the normal biologically driven behavior that overall is mentally & physically healthy. (Everybody does it) These basic urges & drives apply to the majority of us. Sadly a number of us have or will, next to the intended act also as an unintended byproduct acquire an STI's and/or HIV.

But that said even including sharing injection equipment, rarely does this or the act of sex include the express choice or wish to become "infected" with HIV. Yet as soon as we do acquire HIV there is this social and often self-stigma in the questioning faced that seems to often boil down to a moral judgement of a blameable act or blameable person(s), if not regarding the person acquiring the HIV, than about the person it was acquired from.

Anyhow how long story short ...  ::)

Reason I was thinking about this more today than I normally care for is I was asked "Do you know who infected you?"

It was the way/tone it was asked that made me pause for moment. The judgment in the way the questions was asked translated into "someone who infected me" it all simply reeks with presumption that HIV equals that someone is to blame.

The truth is I had sex. I know ... Shock horror for some of you to find out that I am no longer a virgin, sorry to disappoint.  ;D

Nobody was to blame, like the vast majority of transmissions the person I was with did not go into the act with the intent to hurt me (in this way ;D) and neither did I go in with the thought "Hmmm, I tell you what, I think ill choose to acquire some AIDS today"  Anyhow after a long pause I finally answered the person who asked me the questions with:

"It was many years ago and I was a innocent young boy one xmas eve who vaginally & anally shagged Mrs Claus younger sister whom I believed was a 21 year old virgin for 14 straight hours without a care in the world until she could no longer walk straight. It was only afterwards to my amazement I found out that she was actually not a virgin at all  :( . She did this terrible act to me knowingly and this in turn lead me to acquire my innocent and blameless HIV.   ;D"

I than explained that nobody "infected me" I just had sex, like millions of others we went into the act for fun as adults and there was no intent to hurt me (Infect me) and no direct choice from my-side to acquire HIV either.  Yeah life has consequences, and its shit that I could ride the planet and be fine but on this one occasion i was not. I forgave myself for any guilt i had many years ago and I never blamed anyone.

I get asked questions all the time regarding HIV and I am cool with that. Some questions are more personal than others. The question i still cringe at when asked is the line of questioning that goes a bit like this "How did you get it (HIV)" etc etc

My answers to that "class of question" rather depend on my mood and the person asking, however my answers before providing an educational and factual answer in the past included. 

"I got it from sitting too close to the Television Screen as a child"
"Working in the office environment"
"Used natural toothpaste"
"Eating Gluten free food by mistake"
"Veggie burgers"
"ET's glow finger"
"Organic foods"
"Shoe shopping" and "Cycling"

Anyhow I'm just slightly sensitive about it I know that. It stems from there rarely being a blamable person or act when discussing HIV generally speaking if you ask me. Its just life and so people looking to find an answer that indicates/suggests fault or blame gets on my tits at times.

Rant over.
Peace, love you all

Jim
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 04:01:05 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Transmission and Risks
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Dfwguy

Well said. Thanks for sharing that.
HIV dx .  08/1985

Offline joemutt

My reply is: I got it the old-fashioned way.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
We're saying "Merry Christmas" again in the US!  Also, kids at home, just you know, Santa Claus is a white man. That's just the way it is.  And nobody at the North Pole has AIDS.  Santa is like Jesus. Jesus would never have AIDS!  Everyone knows AIDS comes from degenerates.  Also, those AIDS people - they sure do cost a lot.  We are going to protect Americans' right to coverage for pre-existing conditions. Except AIDS of course. It's just not Christian and not a very nice thing to think about at Christmas! 

Merry Christmas to all!

The Office of the VP, Michael Pence
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
My reply is: I got it the old-fashioned way.

eeeewwww  ;D

We're saying "Merry Christmas" again in the US!  Also, kids at home, just you know, Santa Claus is a white man. That's just the way it is.  And nobody at the North Pole has AIDS.  Santa is like Jesus. Jesus would never have AIDS!  Everyone knows AIDS comes from degenerates.  Also, those AIDS people - they sure do cost a lot.  We are going to protect Americans' right to coverage for pre-existing conditions. Except AIDS of course. It's just not Christian and not a very nice thing to think about at Christmas! 

Merry Christmas to all!

The Office of the VP, Michael Pence

I laughed. Sad though the situation/attitude is near enough reality
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline em

great story to bad some out there might need reassurance that is it fiction.

like O my god you know the Clauses that is so great can you introduce me? 

inquiring minds want to know. where did you get it . I have been haunted by that thought and the accompanying one who did I give it to ?

my guess is they want to know your story so they can feel for you I guess.

like when trafic slows down to see an accident on the highway. just people wanting to see what there is to see. along the same lines. My guess they feel if I had it I would want to know all the details so I could make peace with it. even though some things are not that easily resolved or ever known to be proven facts they are just what they are sorry to be vague.

here is one I had said to a medical professional a while back as bad as cancer is they do not to have the acompanying thought of who might have given it to them and who they might have given it to. they had said I do not like that. I said what is there to like that is just what it is.

getting over it is the tricky part

thank you for making light of it through humor 

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
my guess is they want to know your story so they can feel for you I guess.

I appreciate the thought, but i honestly think we will have to agree to disagree on this point. I somehow doubt rubber necking is for empathy reasons and the question is more to gain relief that whatever I did it, its not something they do or given the tone its just good old fashioned judgment.  ;D

Hugs

Jim
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline harleymc

I slow down and rubberneck for HIV transmissions, purely for empathy reasons!

Offline harleymc

Those am I infected posts are amazingly self absorbed.

I've never read one saying 'I may have put a casual partner at risk. It's always the 'other' who is 'unclean' or promiscuous or...'

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
Those am I infected posts are amazingly self absorbed.

I've never read one saying 'I may have put a casual partner at risk. It's always the 'other' who is 'unclean' or promiscuous or...'

So now we know what Trump does when NOT tweeting.......
Atripla - Started 12/05
Reyataz/Norvir - Added 6/06
Labs - Pre-Meds
Sep05 T=350/25% VL98,559
Nov05 288/18%  47,564
Current Labs
May2015 969/28% <20

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2018 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.