Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2019, 11:44:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 33931
  • Latest: ki_79
Stats
  • Total Posts: 739886
  • Total Topics: 61469
  • Online Today: 318
  • Online Ever: 1421
  • (August 13, 2016, 05:18:44 am)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Triumeq  (Read 678 times)

Offline v9

Triumeq
« on: October 21, 2018, 03:13:08 pm »
hi guys 
           i been take Triumeq a month everything fine but i need to check colonoscopy and the doctor give me  medications  is
#  Dulcolax tablets
#  miralax 255 gram
#  Gatorade lemon/lime
#  Magnesium Citrate lemo/lime 

i have to take these medication one day before i go check
i take Triumeq at 10.00 am in the morning   and i have to take these medicine at 6.00pm afternoon
but is it be safe to take with Triumeq

thanks you guys

Online JimDublin

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
Re: Triumeq
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 05:07:32 pm »
Taking magnesium citrate at the same time as your HIV meds could reduce its absorption it sounds to me like you have a full 8 hours between taking the HIV meds containing Dolutegravir and prep medication for the colonoscopy.

So personally I would not worry about it but if you have concerns talk to your doctor or check with a qualified pharmacist.

Jim

https://www.drugs.com/

magnesium citrate  dolutegravir
Applies to: magnesium citrate, Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine)

Dolutegravir and magnesium citrate should not be taken orally at the same time. Products that contain aluminum, calcium, iron, magnesium and/or other minerals may interfere with the absorption of dolutegravir and reduce its effectiveness in treating HIV infection. You should take dolutegravir at least two hours before or six hours after the magnesium citrate dose. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns, or if you have trouble separating the dosing times. Your doctor may be able to prescribe alternatives that do not interact. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Transmission and Risks
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Online JimDublin

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 05:21:31 pm »
Hope all is well, goes well and the colonoscopy just routine BTW.

Jim
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline v9

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 03:48:17 am »
hi JimDublin  thanks you so much

Gatorade  :o? Have you drink Gatorade? I never get energy drink after i start take HIV medicine :-[ :-[ :-[Cus i worry about drug Interactions

thanks you so much to take your time to give me answer

:)**********god bless you********** :)

Online JimDublin

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 04:32:05 am »
Gatorade  :o? Have you drink Gatorade?

Sure, its foul tasting, however a drink of Gatorade on the day to keep you hydrated/flush in Prep of the procedure is not going to be the end of the world.  ;)

HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline v9

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 04:20:54 am »
 :DThanks you so much JimDublin

you make me feel better and stop think to much ;D ;D ;D

Online JimDublin

• Administrator
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 03:28:26 pm »
You're welcome and hope all goes well with the colonoscopy.

Jim
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2019 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.