Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 19, 2019, 12:24:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 34537
  • Latest: Anxi
Stats
  • Total Posts: 746098
  • Total Topics: 62413
  • Online Today: 265
  • Online Ever: 1421
  • (August 13, 2016, 05:18:44 am)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 258
Total: 261

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Am I Infected

Welcome to the "Am I Infected?" POZ forum.

New members -- those who have posted three or fewer messages -- are permitted to post questions and responses, free of charge (make them count!). Ongoing participation in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- posting more than three questions or responses -- requires a paid subscription.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There will be no charge to continue reading threads in the "Am I Infected?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the Main Forums; Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits; and Off Topic Forums. Similarly, all POZ pages, including our "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "Am I Infected? (A Guide to Testing for HIV)" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Am I Infected?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Am I Infected?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Sex with prostitute? Affecting me mentally and daily activities  (Read 1766 times)

Offline felix04490

• Standard
So about two weeks ago a few friends and I went to a brothel.
Paid for sex.
Oral sex was protected, she put condom on with her mouth.
After a few minutes normal sex began but only for about 30 seconds as I was not comfortable.
Went back to oral, after some time she took the condom off and gave me a handjob. I finished it myself after a few more minutes.
To my knowledge the condom was intact the whole time.
I did shave my penis that day aswell so Im not sure if any cuts could be present near my genital area. Or if vaginal fluids may have transferred onto my hand and penis when taking condom off.

About 6 days after the incident I developed a small rash on my arm a few mini dots which lasted about two days.
After this I developed a mild sore throat and runny nose for about a week which is now almost cleared up. I feel more sleepy every now and then after a days work.
Based on what you have heard am I at risk of HIV based on this incident alone? I have been super paranoid cannot stop thinking about, sometimes cry by myself just out of the stupidity of my actions.
Just need some honest sincere advice.

Thanks for your time.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
Re: Sex with prostitute? Affecting me mentally and daily activities
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 11:11:54 am »
Receiving oral sex is not how hiv is transmitted, neither is a handjob. The fluids once exposed outside the human body as you are concerned about are not hiv infectious, neither is the lubricating fluids a woman produces to begin with. End of story.

Now as for the intercourse although putting the condom on by mouth is not recommended in this case the condom remained intact during intercourse.

HIV can not transmit through an intact condom and if they fail at all during intercourse it shreds leaving no doubt.

So what you posted here simply was no hiv concern whatsoever. See a doctor and treat your rash and runny nose, hiv does not give you a runny nose and whatever is making you sick is not hiv from this encounter as this encounter could not lead to you acquiring hiv.

Keep using condoms for any intercourse and, as a sexually active adult remember to test out of standard routine at least yearly for easier to transmit STIs and HIV.

Jim

Ps.

I have been super paranoid cannot stop thinking about, sometimes cry by myself just out of the stupidity of my actions.
Just need some honest sincere advice.

Look I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling this way but its  does not change that you had no hiv risk from this encounter and its not reasonable/productive  to be affected this way from consensual vanilla sex.

See someone face to face as in a therapist to learn how to cope with your irrational thoughts and fears, talk to them about your guilt? Or whatever it is that is causing you to overreact.

Jim
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 11:38:27 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Transmission and Risks
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline felix04490

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 10:34:29 am »
Thank you for your answer. I honestly have so much respect for what you guys do and the time spent to answer these questions.

So based on this scenario do you believe I have no worrisome risk at all. Besides anxiety reasons would a test even be needed in the situation ? The reason I ask is because I am not sexually active at this point in my life and donít plan to have sex in ages, of course if I regularly do I will schedule routine testing.
Havenít there been cases in the past where condoms have not protected against hiv, studies show that they are 80% effective according to POZ itself ?
And these symptoms of tiredness, temporary rash , runny nose + sore throat are all coincidental ? ( I know symptoms are not an accurate way to assume but it doesnít change the fact that they are present). HIV does not cause a runny nose , is this a strong indication that this virus is something else ? I know a test is the only way to know but please try answer just for now.

Again thank you so much for the response you have given. It is so reassuring and I truly value the time spent on my question.

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 10:42:49 am »
No worrisome risk at all. In fact no risk whatsoever.

Symptoms are nothing to do with HIV, and you are correct - even where symptoms do appear, runny nose isn't one of them. It could be any number of common viruses or allergies - you'll have to consult with your GP to get to the bottom of it, if it doesn't clear up on its own.

Regarding condoms - if a condom is used correctly, stays intact and the penis stays in it then you have protection against HIV. Sometimes condoms do break/shred but when they do you would certainly know about it! Also many people don't use condoms correctly, so don't get hung up on percentage fail rates, as they can generally be explained by the above.

And that is only talking about condoms being used for vaginal/anal penetration. Receiving Oral is NOT a risk for HIV regardless of condom use.

Please put this incident out of your mind, and get on with your life.
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Offline felix04490

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 10:39:38 am »

Hey guys in relation to the same issue. And my initial worries of the method of transmission and my symptoms, I tested negative after 24 days, and read somewhere on the internet that antigen tests are 95% accurate after one month? I left this issue behind. However recently Iíve been browsing the web and everyone says it needs to be confirmed at 3months. So as of recently this whole issue has been starting to worry me again.
I just need someoneís honest opinion on my worries, whether they are completely uncalled for and I just straight up need to move on without this on my mind. Or It is called for ?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 10:52:40 am »
I just need someoneís honest opinion on my worries

Stop looking for an issue you don't have from this encounter would you, you had sex great fantastic, now get over it already and move on with your life!

You have been reading stuff out of context and somehow thinking it applies to you when it does not. You are your own worst enemy and causing yourself stress for no reason whatsoever!

HIV can not transmit through an intact condom, this has been shown time and time again period! Now as for the real world what happens and why statistics are slightly lower than 100% is mainly due to incorrect usage is they can fail, however thankfully if they fail during intercourse it shreds leaving no doubt.

Your condom did not shred = No need to stress, No HIV Risk to worry about = Move on with your life!

If you ever have a real risk a P24 test is not recommended, I'm not even sure how you got your hand on a standalone version :o.  Test with an approved antibodies or antibodies + p24 combo test at 6 weeks post exposure for a result, this result will rarely ever change with exceptions for the odd outliers, so its than up to you to test at 3 months for a conclusive result or not.

Again no test was needed post this encounter as this encounter was not a HIV concern.

Jim
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 10:55:49 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2019 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.