Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:12:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 795
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 606
Total: 606

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: hypothetical story fiction a what if ?  (Read 6007 times)

Offline em

hypothetical story fiction a what if ?
« on: July 23, 2018, 11:34:00 pm »
just wanted to know what anyone might think of a story like this about some reverse hurting to help  thinking about what to do about HIV way back in the day that might have happened and even might happen to someone now

something like this could have happened in the mid eighties

a group of guys got together for a party and they invited a friend they thought was gay

cause of the saying everyone knew this guy was gay except this guy ?

the host of the party gets it into his head that someone should do their part to prevent the spread of AIDS

he feels this guy is gay or at least bisexual so those people have AIDS so to prevent him spreading the virus

so the party host  sets forth this plan

the host keeps going to the guest of honor and keeps saying so glad you can make it drink up this is a celebration

then when the guy passes out  inspired by the host being overly generous with the alcohol and edging him ever further to over indulge

the guests all leave and the host says not to worry I will take care of the guy who passed out

but instead of taking his keys and letting him sleep it off like any reasonable person would for everyone's safety  he takes this opportunity to take the guys wallet and keys shakes him to wake him up enough for him to conscious enough to to ask him where is your wallet he checks his pockets and can not find it ? so the guy says you better retrace your steps and find it ! all the while the wallet is in the hosts pocket

he walks him to his car and helps him into the driver's seat He places the wallet in between the seat and the door after putting the keys into the ignition and the entire time  telling the guy how important it is that he find his wallet

Off he he goes down the road to drunk to stand or even see through his drunk eyes

OK what do you think of this story

Matthew Shepard's death in Wyoming was caused by trusting hate filled people this story was of very little risk to the one setting it up. he just had to say I fell asleep and he must have gotten up and left ? HIs word against a drunk driver. who do you think would have more credibility.  If he survives driving that drunk

just a story submitted to the internet of what could happen to see what others might think of such actions and if anything like this happen to anyone

would you think the guy justified if the other guy did not practice safe sex and might spread the virus if  he did have it ?

would anyone care about or consider the host was doing a service to society ??

life can be unfair in so many ways ?

just an idea to kick around

thank you having this place for me to share my thoughts

all my best to you
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 11:53:28 pm by em »

Offline em

Re: hypothetical story fiction a what if ?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 07:46:29 am »
maybe a story to published after  I am longer taking breath and burdening this earth with my presents.  If anyone else has anything to say about the eighties and the height of the get the gays out of the military when it was OK to hate anyone who might not have the inclination to be as manly as one might think someone in the military should have .

when the blacklists was  about those who might be gay and AIDS made it acceptable to hate and to do by any means necessary to get rid of people like that who might try to be in the service of the US military ?
a story about the dark days of our recent history

just an idea a thought to ponder and see if anyone thinks that might be a worthwhile history milestone to document and bring up. 

just wanted to get thoughts on the topic

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 09:45:46 am »
when the blacklists was  about those who might be gay and AIDS made it acceptable to hate and to do by any means necessary to get rid of people like that who might try to be in the service of the US military ?
a story about the dark days of our recent history
that might be the story about the dark days of our current history

Currently, the United States Armed Forces denies any HIV-positive service members from joining, as well as not deploying soldiers abroad or reassigning deployed soldiers back to the U.S. if the military finds them to have contracted HIV after enlisting.

However, a policy issued by the Department of Defense earlier this year poses a threat to non-deployed military personnel, including those non-deployable due to their HIV status.

The “deploy-or-be-removed” policy was made effective in February, and pressures military branches to administratively separate any service member unable to be deployed within 12 months. The military must also comply to the new policy by October 1.

The policy reasons that it intends to return non-deployable soldiers back to deployable status, and that waivers can be granted on an individual basis.

Whether an enlisted HIV-positive soldier will receive a waiver for deployment in light of other pre-existing policies regarding HIV status is still obscure, especially with two ongoing lawsuits against Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis still ongoing.
https://www.out.com/news-opinion/2018/7/23/us-military-separating-hiv-positive-soldiers
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline em

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 01:46:35 pm »
sorry did not know about the current changes I did know that they did not allow anyone to enlist if they test positive and if they test while serving they were sent stateside. then were not deployable.

the new change. I did not know. BUt at least the other advancements gives hope that things will hopefully get better. or maybe I am just kidding myself there may always be a darkside to the way some people treat others even in the great US of A.

I had also written about a while ago on this website about a mass exodus of service men from a base I was stationed at in the eighties and while watching this unfold I asked this guy standing next to me where are they all going ? He said who cares were those fags go !

last night I was thinking about this and tried to post it. but my time timed out and I was given an error message. One time at the same base. I was woken in the early hours of the morning by one of my superior officer that was in charge of our group. Who told me to get up and get dressed . I thought this can not be good but he was in charge so I obeyed . we got into his car and drove over to the hospital.

there standing at attention was this guy from our division who I had met. he was about five foot four and a hundred and forty pounds. He had been in the service before re enlisting to join our group. he had been a ranger I think i heard.

as I understand I was told he was at a strip club and was drinking heavy and when a bouncer tried to do what  bouncers do at these places. He knocked the guy around then beat up the three other bouncers that worked there.

when the police showed up they gave him an alcohol test and it was 4.0

so the police finding out he was military brought him to the military hospital where my superior officer met him and told him to stand at attention on the sidewalk.

I was told to stay in the car. while this guy got out walked over to him walked around him and said something. He dropped like a sack of potatoes on to the pavement without him ever touching him. something he said made him faint.

I have no idea what he said. but I can only guess?

My guess is he said see the guy in my car. We all think he is a fag . We think even he might possibly have HIV. I would rather have people like him in our unit then you !

or something like that. something made him faint. this hardened trained soldier standing at attention his body just gave out from underneath him by something that was said.

maybe you might be able to think of what he said ? that is my guess?

OR it might have been more direct see that fag in my car. I would rather have more like him even if they all have HIV than someone like you !

Feel free to take a guess at what he said cause I do not know.

when he got back in the car I asked what will happen to him. the guy said who cares! then drove off back to the barocks.

seeing that guy faint like that . that was something I could never forget

well just a story maybe even fiction to show another side of how people act.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 03:01:25 pm »
and tried to post it. but my time timed out and I was given an error message.
if you're going to write a long piece or take a long time to compose your thoughts, the best bet is to write your post offline in a word processor, then copy, paste and post it here. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline em

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 03:29:07 pm »
I do that sometimes but then I loss my courage to post anything

I just had a bunch of other stuff that the message said someone else has posted when clicked on it the stuff  I Was writing went away ?

I have a large number of rambling thoughts written on this computer like the previous posts.

Not doing anyone any good besides me by getting them out of my head and written down

Offline em

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 03:32:29 pm »
was just writing about what might have been another reason for my being part of the destruction of this guy.

he may have just said you are going to be dishonorable discharged and you are going to prison for assaulting those four bouncers at that strip club

I was just there to witness the crushing power over someone life. events can have

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 06:54:35 pm »
message said someone else has posted when clicked on it the stuff  I Was writing went away ?
that just means that someone replied/posted in the thread before you posted. Instead of automatically posting, it gives you that notice/warning so you can decide if you really want to post your post. I think you just have to push POST a second time to actually post.

I usually click PREVIEW before I post and see that notice/message sometimes. So I take the time to read the newest post to see if I want to change my response any. And if I still want to post, I just push POST.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline em

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 07:43:39 pm »
Thank You Leatherman for the help in clearing up my usage of this site.

I was just getting ahead of myself and typing directly what I was thinking without retrospection about how it was not making any real sense

thinking about how all kinds of things in my life revolves around HIV and not being the hard core only about  me kind of man most other men seem able to be and are fine with.

I apologize for getting so ahead of myself and not writing clearly.

I bet some people get set up everyday to take falls from someone else just taking a dislike to them and have nothing to do with HIV .

it just keeps popping into my head that my life would have been so great if this virus had not taken part in it. I could be very wrong I could have died young from any of a number of other things HIV may have made me reevaluate what is important and the very reason I have lived this long . only conjecture and guessing but I think my life is great and HIV is just a small part of it and the progress made makes every moment even more precious and special. instead of the all encompassing center of my entire life.  just was feeling my life was consumed by the virus in almost every way. this is not at all the reality.

some people just do not like you and that is their problem not mine

thank you having this place to write to
all my best to you

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.