Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 15, 2018, 09:14:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 33156
  • Latest: ederek
Stats
  • Total Posts: 733198
  • Total Topics: 60351
  • Online Today: 327
  • Online Ever: 1421
  • (August 13, 2016, 05:18:44 am)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 236
Total: 239

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dubai now - holiday  (Read 295 times)

Offline Global traveller

Dubai now - holiday
« on: July 09, 2018, 06:38:10 am »
Hi all

Am new to this forum. I have been looking at the threads about Dubai and going there on holiday with meds. (Only holiday not long term) The forums Iíve seem were quite old and I was just wondering if there was any updated info or experiences of people that they were happy to share? I have looked at the hivtravel.org website but I donít know how often it is updated.

Many thanks in advance

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
Re: Dubai now - holiday
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 06:44:47 am »
I'm not aware of any changes in the stance relating to HIV in Dubai, which makes it one of the trickier places to visit for those living with the virus.

That said, I'm also not aware of people taking short visits having meds confiscated or being deported, so I just think sensible measures would be sufficient.

If I were going on a short visit to Dubai, I would re-package any meds I need in nondescript containers (such as vitamin pill containers), and ensure there were some in carry on as well as checked luggage.

Am sure you will be fine and have a great time. I've only ever been to Dubai on a stopover on a flight to India so didn't leave the airport and it was always one of those places I was keen to visit, although that stance has changed since my diagnosis!
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Offline Global traveller

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 06:56:06 am »
Thank you for your reply. Yeh itís a tricky one. Iíve transited there before as well but never left the airport.

Offline Global traveller

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 07:01:18 am »
None of the ingredients I take in my medication is on the banned list. Shame they canít be clear somewhere on a website

Offline lightalltheway

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 04:12:10 pm »
Hello Global Traveller,

With reference to your question regarding Dubai, You can surely visit Dubai on a short visit, no one will ask and there is no possibility that they will ask. It never happened and it will never happen.

The issue can happen only when applying for a residency because HIV test is mandatory in this case.

Wishing you safe travels,
Prince

Offline LiveWithIt

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 10:12:00 am »
I would never voluntarily step foot in a country that makes it known that they are hostile to gay people.   I can't understand people who do. 
Pray God you can cope
I know you have a little life in you yet.
I know you have a lot of strength left.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 10:25:53 am »
I would never voluntarily step foot in a country that makes it known that they are hostile to gay people.   I can't understand people who do.

Its a complicated question and I certainly respect any choice made. 

I had fabulous experiences many times in fundamentalist muslim countries and also its important to remember that some cultures are incredibly two-faced and in a sense hypocritical and thats just the way it is.  I met amazing open queeny gays in jeddah for example, and nobody bats an eyelash, and everyone keeps their proper "public face" on.  But then there are horror stories at the same time.   

Also the friendship between men is a whole different thing and I'm not talking about down low fuck buddies, but the quality of intimacy. It was really pleasing to me as a gay man and no sex involved.
ďFrom each, according to his ability; to each, according to his needĒ 1875 K Marx

Offline Global traveller

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 03:56:15 pm »
Iím not gay but I understand your feelings and I know itís not good, on principal, to go to countries that restrict travellers. Half of me is against going. But Iíve met a really nice guy who is moving out there for a few years and I wanted to be able to visit him for a holiday. I havenít told him about my situation yet. I wanted to gather information about others that had maybe visited for short stays before addressing everything and having a talk  with him

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2018 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.