Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2019, 02:45:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 747386
  • Total Topics: 62614
  • Online Today: 315
  • Online Ever: 1421
  • (August 13, 2016, 05:18:44 am)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 243
Total: 246

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: The sun will shine again  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Chel

• Aloha!
The sun will shine again
« on: March 21, 2018, 09:11:08 pm »
Well, I'm not good at talking about myself but, I'll try to do my best and share a bit my experience of living with HIV.

First of all, I'd like to introduce a little bit of myself.
Well, I'm Michel, 28 years old, homosexual and I live in Brazil.
I was diagnosed for HIV positive in November, 28th of 2016 when I was making test for surgical risk. Honestly It was a surprise for me because I always had protected myself and I really don't know what's happened.  :'(
Anyway, I had to start imediately my treatment, my CD4 was 310 and my viral load test was very high. I started to take TDF+3TC+EFZ (Which was standard in Brazil in 2016)
Later I begun a battle with depression (and started to take Lexapro and Frontal)
Over the time, the antiretrovirals side effects was disappearing, but my emotional is not the same...  :o
Sometimes I think my dreams are distants... Specially because I depend on getting medication and to live abroad (which was my dream) maybe it's impossible nowadays.
Also, the worst battle is about relationship, I'm very honest and always when I say I'm HIV positive it seems that people disappear, unfortunatelly I'm starting another battle agains prejudice (it was too hard to  “come out of the closet”, and it seems "i am getting into the closet" again now because of HIV)  :(
Anyway my treatment has been a success, now i'm undetectable and my CD4 is starting raising... my last was on July of 2017 and I got 480. :D

Well, that's all, I hope everything is going to be good again and the life will be colurful and not grey anymore. :-[

I still believe in love and I hope someday the sun will shine again for me. ;)

Sorry for writing so much and some spelling or grammar mistakes.

Thank you for reading

Michel
Chel :)

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
Re: The sun will shine again
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 09:18:16 pm »
Hi Michel - are you still on the same drug combo you started on?

HIV - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Offline Chel

• Aloha!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 09:28:47 pm »
Yes, I am. Since I got undetectable and my CD4 is starting raising the doctor didn't change it. Also, in Brazil is not giving the new drugs for people who started treatment before 2017... well, I should wait until January (since I found out on November)... to get this new one.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 07:48:32 am »
Hi Michel

Sounds like you have had and are continuing to have somewhat a rough time digesting the diagnosis mentally and emotionally and dealing with stigma related to HIV. I hope things do continue to settle for you

Also, the worst battle is about relationship, I'm very honest and always when I say I'm HIV positive it seems that people disappear, unfortunatelly I'm starting another battle agains prejudice (it was too hard to  “come out of the closet”, and it seems "i am getting into the closet" again now because of HIV)

Dating well rejection is always a risk for many reasons. Personally I think  particularly when i was in my 20's I found it more challenging.

Now sure why ... Perhaps it was because i gave rejection far too much credit or allowance to impact me. Nowadays i'm not sure but I think either its that I get rejected less or I just tend to not let it be a concern and move on.

HIV status itself has not made much difference if I'm honest, my delivery of the disclosure got better and I'm conformable with my status and educating people, talking about it so prehaps that is the reason I worry less about rejection or what people think

All i do know is people will turn other people down for all kinds of things, Kids/Job/Money/Health and as everyone ages sooner or later most of them will have some kind of manageable condition, your happens to be HIV and its not a show stopper to dating but sure some people will say "No thank you" and that's okay.

Take it easy

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Transmission and Risks:
HIV Transmission and Risks
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Chel

• Aloha!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 08:02:15 am »
Hello Jim

I'm grateful for your kind words! That means a lot for me!
You're right, maybe I'm trying to diggest the diagnoses impact and stigma yet.
But I'll try to do my best to solve because life is not over!

About relationship, you are right again... People usually find a reason to reject us (That's crazy) but Yes, I should just take easy as you said and start to take control over those kind of situations.

Again, Thank you very much Jim! I have no words to express how good is to read your comments.

Michel

Offline lightalltheway

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 04:01:45 pm »
Hi Micheal,

I am sorry to know that you are passing through difficult times. I feel you and I know how hard it is, especially when dreams seems to be distant.

Good news: You are on treatment and your health is improving. This is something I would like you to gently remind yourself of whenever you feel low and/or down.

I guess we are all in the same ship, we face stigma, which you will eventually come in peace with it. However, having said that, this does not mean to accept it at all. People stigmatize others for colour, race, sexual orientation and HIV status. Human nature is labeling others in order to feel secure about themselves. and this should not bother you at all, its their bad not yours, never.

Believe me, you will eventually find the "One" who will love and accept you the way you are without justification or even systematic classifications. By then, you will really know the meaning of best things in life worth the hard work.

Here, in this forum, we are there for each other. Please feel free to share with us anything you wish. You are not alone!

Light all the way,
Prince

Offline Chel

• Aloha!
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 11:36:29 pm »
Awwww thank you much Light all the way. I'm so grateful for knowing amazing people like you all. Your words are sweet (while I was reading this I was listening to "those sweet words" by Norah Jones, and I felt very emotional. Thank you everyone, thank you Jim, Prince and CaveyUK for all support you're giving me. From the bottom of my heart I never thought I would find beautiful people like you all.  :'(
You all can count on me always... If someone need help please leave me a message, it will be a pleasure to help you all. Believe you've got a friend in me.

With love,

Michel (Chel or Shell)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2019 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.