Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:35:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37650
  • Latest: rovipa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773275
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 546
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 475
Total: 475

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: is there anyone out there?  (Read 3129 times)

Offline heartbroken247

is there anyone out there?
« on: April 07, 2016, 01:57:38 pm »

i keep seeing people talking about .........fatigue .......is this common ? or its case by case ?

and i know my numbers will get better........

but can you guys help understand my numbers a lil bit better

I'm only on antibotics now till i get my meds within a the next  week.

when i was first dx Vl=112635 cd4 36

now its 123xxx and a cd4 26

so my question is .i s my body fighting the hiv/ and thats why my cd4 is so low ?

and with my cd4 that low is there anything i shouldn't do to keep from getting ?

just got dx feb 09 2016 / and i don't understand why my cd4 is so low ....when i read here that people have had over 500,000 copies of the virus and a lower cd4 then me and once they start meds there numbers change for the good .

and what issue will i have if my cd4 never goes back to normal?

any input will help.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: is there anyone out there?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 02:22:03 pm »
You are not alone.

Look you are still digesting this and that's okay, your going to start treatment next week and that's what you need to focus on.

As for your CD4 counts, if I took a CD4 count this morning or this evening it could be 100 points difference, also a single result is just a snapshot moment. Look what is important is take you meds once you start treatment and once your VL starts to be suppressed by the medication your CD4's and immune system will start to recover.

All you can do for now is focus on starting treatment next week and being adherent to that treatment.

Jim.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 02:31:22 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline heartbroken247

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 02:43:59 pm »
thanks for the input

Offline zach

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 02:47:53 pm »
take a deep breath man, and relax

you haven't started HIV meds yet, your body isn't fighting HIV yet, it's losing right now... that changes quickly once you start HIV meds

of course you're tired, you've been taking a beat down for a long while now

100 point deviation either direction on a single CD4 lab result means nothing, smoking a cigarette can cause a greater wobble than that in an hour

and what issue will i have if my cd4 never goes back to normal?

so incredibly unlikely that i'll say this...

you're asking the wrong questions. you're focusing too much on what you might face. fear is totally normal, and i know it feels like we're dismissing your feelings.

right now, focus on where you are in the immediate term with your HIV treatment

you'll start HIV meds, and then you'll look at the trends over the course of three or more labs to see the results.... never, never, ever freak out about a single lab test

here is what you'll learn in the next few months... 1st, do you respond to the

look man, this is a fight you're in... a damn tough one.

Offline harleymc

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 11:26:26 pm »
G'day
welcome to one of the most generous forums on the planet. We'll look out for you.

I'll echo what zach has said, don't worry about "what if..." statements, they most likely won't come true. They are thoughts not reality.

IF by some chance you have problems in the future, deal with them as they arrive.

Here's a couple of nice thoughts for you.
"My doctor and other professionals, and friends will all be there to help me have a long healthy and happy life. I can ask for help."

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.