Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 04, 2020, 09:44:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 35444
  • Latest: WbrianW
Stats
  • Total Posts: 755473
  • Total Topics: 63816
  • Online Today: 299
  • Online Ever: 4912
  • (November 13, 2019, 02:56:14 am)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 263
Total: 264

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 15 yr old catchea HIV in Orlando  (Read 2218 times)

Offline 219pm

15 yr old catchea HIV in Orlando
« on: September 12, 2015, 09:43:44 am »
I'm sick. I hate grown men who prey on children. I think that as a gay community the only way to stop HIV/AIDS is by teaching morality. Gay and morals in my opinion do not go hand in hand. Don't get me wrong we our now just being able to be taken seriously as human beings. We've had years of oppression on us, so I get it.

http://m.wftv.com/news/news/local/2-men-arrested-accused-having-sex-15-year-old-boy/nndDS/

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
Re: 15 yr old catchea HIV in Orlando
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 10:45:31 am »
I'm sick. I hate grown men who prey on children. I think that as a gay community the only way to stop HIV/AIDS is by teaching morality. Gay and morals in my opinion do not go hand in hand. Don't get me wrong we our now just being able to be taken seriously as human beings. We've had years of oppression on us, so I get it.

http://m.wftv.com/news/news/local/2-men-arrested-accused-having-sex-15-year-old-boy/nndDS/

Are you serious? .....

2 men (presuming guilt for a moment) go out to have sex with under aged  children and your linking this and thinking it is a gay community morality issue ??

Men who pray on children are pedophiles ... Very different and not related at all to "gay morality" as you put it. I will not post what I think the solution is for pedophiles or Child molesters btw as it will result in me getting banned.

But I can't believe your linking this to "gay morality" it's utter nonsense people who pray on children are found in all demographics of the community it's not a gay issue and not a simple morality issue.

As for the rest of your post it is utter nonsense and complete bull&%it intolerant c&%p.

(Edited the spelling)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 11:04:32 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline 219pm

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 11:06:59 am »
All experience is relative. In my experience I was preyed on by older men, my friends were, and in turn I see them continuing the same practices. I'm not saying all gays are pedophiles, but it is an accepted by many onbboth sides. Im saying its a morality issues because it is. Gays have been heavily oppressed for centuries, and have been confined to living there life in the dark.

It's just a theory.  I'm a gay man, and this is what I believe.  I believe that we live in an over sexualized community. This is what Ive witnessed being a youth in the era of the internet.

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 11:14:56 am »
If you were sexually abused as a child, that is horrible, however just because it happened to you does not mean it is a universal thing. 

Your post reeks of homophobia and self-hatred.  "Morality" is often in the eye of the beholder - Kim Davis, Mike Huckabee and many others find you to be "immoral" simply for existing.  So -- be very careful throwing that word around!

Your experience is not the experience of everyone, so please do not use such sweeping condemnation.

Mike
Atripla - Started 12/05
Reyataz/Norvir - Added 6/06
Labs - Pre-Meds
Sep05 T=350/25% VL98,559
Nov05 288/18%  47,564
Current Labs
May2015 969/28% <20

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 11:18:33 am »
Gay and morals in my opinion do not go hand in hand.

I don't know what gay people your hanging out with to have that impression but it's not the same ones I am.

I'm not saying all gays are pedophiles, but it is an accepted by many onbboth sides

Well again not sure who your hanging out with but seriously if that is how the people you have contact with be it online or friends and family think and feel consider getting new friends and places/people to have contact with. I think there is something very very wrong with people who feel it's acceptable in any way shape or form.

Edit:

Gay people are Gay people.

Child molesters, abusers and/or pedophiles are Child molesters, abusers and/or pedophiles .

The two are not related.

And it's got nothing to do with "gay morality" Now in the news story you linked it mentions "grindr" I understand that is a platform for gay hook-ups however Child molesters, abusers and/or pedophiles will use any means across any number of platforms.  The wider issue is Child molesters not gay people and it's not an issue of morality and can not be fixed with perching or teaching "morals".

Who's morals did you have in mind BTW ?

« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 11:27:00 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline 219pm

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 11:35:52 am »
If you say so. Im just keeping it one hundred. I'm just trying to figure out how an epidemic is spreading to young men. Starting a honest conversation. Pedophiles don't have a specific orientation duhhhhhh FootLong Jared, but the point I'm trying to make is that the gay community has an over sexualized culture partly due to an oppressive system.

Offline zach

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 11:55:54 am »
edit... deleted first message

didn't need to be said
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 12:13:19 pm by zach »

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 12:25:38 pm »
219pm,

The vast majority of pedophiles are heterosexual and not gay.  Predators come from all walks of life and to suggest that gays represent a majority is simply wrong.  More importantly, this is a forum for people living with HIV... all sorts of people and the last thing we will tolerate is someone coming to these forums and making accusations, concerning any group of people.

I call utter bullshit on your just being here to start an honest discussion, because you don't start any discussion by trashing an entire group of people and expect any reasonable dialog to commence.

Your only goal here is to demonize gays and gay culture and you need to take that hate somewhere else.

Therefore, I am locking this thread and warning you, that if you attempt to start another thread with this disgusting topic, you will be given a Time Out from the forums.

Consider yourself warned.

Joe

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2020 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.