Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2020, 12:09:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 35555
  • Latest: xarris
Stats
  • Total Posts: 756723
  • Total Topics: 63993
  • Online Today: 240
  • Online Ever: 4912
  • (November 13, 2019, 02:56:14 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 239
Total: 239

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Lymphoma worry?  (Read 2692 times)

Offline dowellndoubtnot

Lymphoma worry?
« on: January 05, 2015, 04:27:45 pm »
Hi all! Have not posted here in a while...just for a little reminder, my partner is HIV+...now undetectable and on Atripla.

At the moment though, he is concerned about the possibility that he may have Lymphoma...he knows that its a small risk, but he is stressing over it, so I have a couple questions.

First of all, the reason he is worried is because he noticed about a week ago that he has a couple enlarged lymph nodes in the back of his neck, that are not tender or painful, and are pretty hard...one in particular. This is what first got him concerned...knowing that lymphoma is a risk for people with HIV. Now, I have told him over and over that lymph nodes get enlarged for tons of reasons and not to worry...but he did research on the internet (lol always dangerous!) and became even more concerned. He learned that low platelets can be a sign of lymphoma, which has been his only abnormality the last two blood tests (90 and 120 have been the readings, having gone up a bit the last test). He also has night sweats pretty regularly (though he has been having those for years now I believe), which is also another possible symptom.

My question is pretty simple...would his regular blood work that he gets every 3 months show anything that would let the doctor know there was a reason for concern in terms of lymphoma? He had an appointment about 2 weeks ago, and the doctor mentioned everything was normal except the low platelets...if there was any reason for concern, would it show up in those tests, or would he need more specific exams?

With his concerns, is it worth him making an appointment with the doctor ASAP, or should he wait a couple weeks to see if the swelling goes down?

Thank you!!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 04:31:17 pm by dowellndoubtnot »

Offline RWR

• if You think You canít you canít
Re: Lymphoma worry?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 04:52:06 pm »
I have those on my back and others parts of my body.  My doctor says they are lipomas.
Hiv+ 1986

Bobby

Offline dowellndoubtnot

Re: Lymphoma worry?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 03:37:22 pm »
^Thanks. Any other opinions?

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2020 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.