Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:45:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 652
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 642
Total: 643

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Still unsure  (Read 7099 times)

Offline gatorfl

• Standard
Still unsure
« on: September 02, 2013, 11:26:10 pm »
Can someone please help. I've been a nervous wreck for 11 days now.

Here's my story.  I had an encounter with a transsexual. Something I was always curious about even though I'm a strictly straight guy.  We kissed a lot then I gave her unprotected oral for about 30 seconds. She barely got hard. I found it gross to that it was also uncircumcised.  I couldn't detect any precum.  Then she put a condom and she penetrated me (protected) for a bit.  But she could barely keep an erection and I'm pretty sure she faked an orgasm too.  Then I penetrated her (with condom) for about 10 seconds and pulled out and came in the condom.   I felt gross so I hurried up and left. On my way back to my hotel. I was feeling so disgusted with my self I bought a bottle of cepcol mouthwash and went to town on it in the parking lot. I got back to my hotel and did a full scrub down shower. I started have extreme anxiety starting right then out of guilt and regret for my infidelity to my wife. It was the only time I had ever done anything like this. It was out of curiosity.  I kneeled down in front of the bed and asked God for forgiveness and keep me safe.  That's about when my aniexty levels were going into over load.  I'm pretty sure I had full blown panic attacks throughout the entire night and frequent urinating. My mouth was totally dry. I just got dressed and went to work early because I could barely get 1 minute of rest. My throat and mouth hurt that day and was dry. My extreme anxiety lasted 4 more restless nights with enlarged circumvallate papillae in back of tongue and thrush. I was convinced I caught something. I told a friend of mine I was having anxiety attacks for almost a week and gave me some xanax. It's not helping though. I'm an absolute wreck. I'm so scared that I've contracted HIV and I've ruined my life. I'm having suicidal thoughts. It's only been 10 days and my oral thrush is worse. I'm pretty sure it's a candida infection. Which makes me even me scared because its associated with HIV a lot. Was this transexual HIV+. I've read that hormone replacement therapy causes candida infection. And I've also read that it's sexually contagious and get it through deep kissing. All of this is pulling on to my constant debilitating anxiety.  But I've also read extreme stress and PTSD can weaken an immune system and have oral thrush. It started that first night. But is it from my panic attacks or did I pick it up from kissing her, or maybe she had some yeast on her uncircumcised penis.  I'm so scared right now. I feel like this is all a bad dream but I can't wake up. I'm regretting every minute of my stupidity. I put me and my wife at risk. I can't imagine having to tell about this and she has to get tested. I've already been planning my suicide if it comes to this.  Somebody please help. What are my chances of contracting HIV? Should I wait for the 3 month blood test?  How do I explain my thrush starting the next day after ?  Somebody please help. I wish I could just pick up the phone and talk to someone but I can't. I'm going crazy. My anxiety meds aren't even working.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Having panic attacks
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 11:47:28 pm »
You didn't have a risk for HIV from giving a blow job and the penetrative sex was protected with condoms ... so absolutely no risk for HIV . You are suffering from guilt not ARS .

There have been no fewer than three separate serodiscordant couples studies (where one person is HIV positive, the other negative.) These couples were tracked for three. five and ten years. The couples used condoms for penetrative vaginal and anal sex, but NO BARRIER at all for oral sex. Any kind of oral sex.

These studies yielded NO infections.

The risk factors for HIV are ...

Sharing IV drug needles immediately after use.
Unprotected anal and vaginal sex.
Mother to child during or shortly after birth
Very specific healthcare situations.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED HIV TESTING AT THIS TIME for this incident , anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline gatorfl

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 12:14:34 am »
Thank you for your reply. Do you have any opinion on the candida thrush problems. Could I have picked it up from her or my anxiety attacks cause it?  It terrifies me because its a symptom of HIV. I had enlarged circumvallate papillae and dry mouth starting later that night of the encounter. How safe is oral when it's uncircumcised?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 12:32:28 am »
Candida/Thrush is an imbalance in your natural flora. It can (and does) happen to anyone.

Stress can certainly cause it, as can about a thousand other things. When people with HIV present with thrush, we are usually talking about a long term infection (years) that has gone untreated. Certainly not a new infection.

An uncircumsized penis makes zero difference when dealing with the near0zero risk that HIV through giving fellatio presents. The only infectious fluid you'd be presented with is semen. Anything loitering underneath the foreskin can certainly cause other ailments (hey, I just looked this up - including thrush) but has no bearing on HIV whatsoever.

Use a condom for penetrative anal and vaginal sex and you can avoid HIV. It really is that simple.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline gatorfl

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 07:53:53 am »
Thank you for all of your replys. I went to the doctor and I now have a yeast infection in my mouth because of this encounter.  It's only adding to my anxiety.  Would if I caught something else.  I think the person who I had the encounter with was HIV+. I having nightmares at night that the condom could have broke and now I'm infected. I dont want my life or my marraige ruined over this. Im regreting evrr making this decision. I'm having severe panic attacks at night and throughout the day.  I can barely function at work. Is there anyone in the south florida area that I can speak too for support.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 08:25:49 am »
Whoa. You need to take some good deep and slow breaths in and out. Really. Do it right now. And do it every time you  are starting to get anxious. It really helps.

Nothing you did during this recent incident put you at risk for HIV. You've already been told that but you seem to only be listening to your fears. And to your feeling of guilt over having strayed. Listen, you did what you did and that's a fact. You need to accept that, let it go and get on with your life. That's the best thing you can do for yourself and for all concerned.

If you can't let go of this worry, then see a therapist or other professional and discuss it in that private situation. We can't help you further with that in this setting.

If the condom had broken you would have known it because it is very visible when that happens. If you are concerned about other STDs you can always have a full panel done to assure yourself that you didn't pick anything else up.

As JK has told you, thrush is absolutely not an HIV specific happening.

Now remember to breathe when you are getting tensed up.

You'll come out of this ok if you stop bothering yourself. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline gatorfl

• Standard
Still unsure
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 11:22:32 am »
 First off thanks to all who help on these forums.

I posted something a few months ago called "having panic attacks"

Even though I was told I didnt have any exposure I could not shake my debilitating anxiety. So I went and got tested at the health department.  Everything came up negative 7 weeks past possible exposure. I didn't have any flu symptoms in that window but I did have swelling around my jaw for few weeks after testing negative. I didn't know weather it was some type of symptoms or my anxiety and bad teeth grinding at night causing pain.  Or was I seroconverting later? Also I've had what looks like fungal cellulitis around the corners of my lips ever since the encounter. What are the chances of being POZ after a 7 week negative result?  If so, what condition would cause someone to test positive after that?

I'm posting this because my guilt of infidelity is slowly eating me up inside and my anxiety levels shoot through the roof every time I think something could be wrong with me.

Please help
Thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Still unsure
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 11:55:46 am »
Gator,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep everything in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You weren't IN a window period when you tested, so this means that you are conclusively hiv negative. Only people who have actually had a risk have to worry about window periods. You didn't have a risk.

If you cannot bring yourself to believe us, go test again and collect another negative result.

Don't think you'll be permitted to keep posting about this no risk, conclusive negative situation just because you took out a subscription. Make sure you read the Welcome thread I linked you to above so you can learn our posting rules - and abide by them. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline gatorfl

• Standard
Re: Still unsure
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 01:30:45 pm »
Ann,

Thank you for the reply and merging my thread.   I received the 60 day warning on my on original so thats why I started a new one.  I apologize.

I guess the real answer I was trying to get was what the chances were after a 7 week negative to become positive later? And why that happened to some people?

Sorry If I upset anyone.  This is the only real place where I feel comfortable asking these questions.  The people on this thread helped me out more than any shrink and anti anxiety meds ever did when I was going through this tough time last Fall. My wife had just suffered a miscarriage 2 days ago and it has both hurt us really bad. I somehow think that I am the cause of it and all of these bad feelings have returned after I was feeling better about it. 

Thank you

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.