Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:34:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 612
Total: 614

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: need help. Validate my risk  (Read 3224 times)

Offline sacredchamp

need help. Validate my risk
« on: October 11, 2012, 06:37:39 pm »
Hi all. Here is what happened.
Last saturday i went out to by few things since it was crowed i was just waiting
infront of that shop. There was another guy who was standing beside me and
he was looking at me very weirdly. I was little drunk and before that i accidently
collide with him and said sorry. He didn't say anything. As of i remember he took
something from that shop and left. I brought whatever i needed and left that place.
I was approximately there in that place for 2 Min.

While coming back this thought popped up in my mind and actually i've been fearing
for this disease and i've tested myself 8 times in last one year. But honestly i don't know
why that needle thought came in my mind. I never thought about such incidents.

My mind said i saw something like needle in his hand. I came home removed my shirt and
checked my back and ass and Arm everything was fine. No pain nothing.

Next day evening i noticed a tiny red hole which absolute looks like a needle puncture
in my hand in the side where he was standing. It's exactly in my left hand near
last finger but behind my palm. Almost near my last finger bone.  i pressed little hardly
and blood came. Now i'm terrified that he might have injected something. But when i was
standing and while coming back home and while checking i didn't check this part but
i absolutely didn't feel any pinch pain at that part. I'm trying to tell that if he had pricked i would have
known but i was little intoxicated that time which again makes me worry because i was out of mind.

Somebody please help me :(

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: need help. Validate my risk
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 08:03:12 pm »
Under no circumstances was this an HIV event.

The whole urban legend of people poking others with infected needles is fiction.

He would have had to draw blood from himself (assuming he as HIV positive, a psychopath, and had a huge viral load) and then IMMEDIATELY inject you with that blood. Not just poke you. Actually inject that blood into you. That hurts, and it hurts a lot.

I sincerely hope you can find a mental health counselor to assist you in overcoming this irrational fear of HIV.

You were not poked with an HIV tainted needle by some stranger in a store. You weren't.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline sacredchamp

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 11:45:25 pm »
Hi sir thanks for the reply. I know this can't happen. But problem is i saw a wound which was exactly like a needle mark. Today is 6th day i still see that. Few questions.

1. How long the needle should go inside the skin to reach blood stream. I mean my wound is almost 1mm deep, i didn't bleed much, the wound is near my bone.

2. At the worst case scenario if he'd injected blood by inserting needle 1mm depth under skin, would blood be injected to blood stream or it just doesnt? I want to move on but following the incident, that wound size location of that wound making me sick.  also my body temp was 97 during morning. But from 2 days my body temp is 97.5 at morning around 8am reaches to 99 by evening. I always feel chill and hot at day time.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 12:37:09 am »
It would be virtually impossible to get a needle one mm under your skin and then inject anything in any environment outside a medical facility. Such care and skill would take two people keeping very still, and the person injecting would need a very delicate touch. In addition, injecting anything into you would take at least a few seconds with the needle inside you while the plunger was pushed.

Also, it would hurt, and leave more than just a tiny red mark.

What you are worrying about is pure fiction. I am afraid I cannot "validate" your risk. It's an invalid scenario, and it would be cruel to pursue this line of reasoning with you further.

I sincerely hope that you seek out counseling to overcome this irrational fear of HIV.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline sacredchamp

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 05:33:21 am »
Hi sir. Yes i know i surely need a mental health professional and i'll go soon. This incident happened on saturday night and when i checked nothing was seen but i didn't check my fingers. I remember on sunday night, some of the skin around the wound i am talking was elevated it was like peeling off and i remember removing that skin from my finger and it hurt that time. But when i saw it on monday evening it was very deep and i could see my bloody flesh inside. I want to know can skin peel off when someone put needle into finger. I don't know why i got that wound not able to recollect. It's not very tiny also. There are heavy cockroaches in my room and some of the cockroaches Might have bitten me near tat finger or may be bed bugs i'm hoping. Hope you could shred some light. Thanks

i don't even know if somebody can inject like that. Because i was there in that shop for almost a minute.
And even the wound size looks bigger than needle tip size.

Since the skin was off my mind says he might have injected from some angle. :( i'm thinking about this too much and days are like hell

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 08:08:31 am »
scared,

Yes, you are thinking about this NO RISK situation too much. Far too much.

Please re-read everything Jonathan has written. The whole scenario you are worried about is nothing more than an urban legend, and urban legends do not infect people with hiv.

You said you have tested eight times in one year and unless you're going around having unprotected intercourse with loads of people, that's just overkill. It points to a serious hiv phobia problem and you need to address that in an appropriate setting with a qualified therapist. An internet website is NOT an appropriate setting and we are not therapists.

You have NOT had a risk for hiv infection.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.