Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:37:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772950
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 454
Total: 455

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dont know what to do?? Feeling suciadal  (Read 6737 times)

Offline Latriste07

Dont know what to do?? Feeling suciadal
« on: September 05, 2012, 11:51:51 pm »
Hello I just test poz today I don't know what happen last year July 4 I had aprocted sex I had test many time since then negative even did a pcr DNA test but I haven't be feeling good since then so I went to the dr everything came out ok except for HIV antigen .. :( I met the love of my life six month ago now I afraid I already infect him please help .. :(

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
Re: Dont know what to do?? Feeling suciadal
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 12:14:50 am »
Well first off just calm down and take a deep breath, no matter what everything is going to be OK. Really it is.

The truth is you dont know if you have infected your partner so dont jump to conclusions with that. Have you told your partner yet about you testing poz? If so how did that go? Clearly, he is going to need to be tested as soon as possible.

As far as you, there is no reason you cannot live a normal healthy life as an HIV+ individual. Listen to your doc, take your meds and you will be just fine. Promise. Do you have an appointment set up with an Infectious Disease doctor yet?

I'm 4 years poz and I can tell you I have a very fulfilling and happy life. Sure it's a bit tough right at first, but it gets easier as you go along. So hang in there and dont be thinking stupid things like Suicide right now, that's not an answer to the problem.  ;)

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Latriste07

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 12:49:13 am »
Thanks for your words Wally no I haven't tell him is no going to be easy he is very old school always talk how HIV only homosexual diasese he vey particular about his heath omg I can't believe this happen to me I really feel kill myself .. Not cuz HIV my boyfriend he be complaining about feeling fatigue lately please pray for me ..

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 12:52:00 am »
Hi Latriste,

Welcome. Sorry you're here but glad you found the site.

I completely agree with Willy. Try to be calm until you have the facts.

You have a lot on your mind right now so try to focus on the basics:

eating, sleeping, and staying physically active. Things will improve.

You can trust all of us on that count!

Em

Offline Latriste07

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 01:03:27 am »
Thanks emeraldize !! i can't sleep or eat feel my life is over just the thought that I may have infect my boyfriend is kill me inside.. I tested negative some many time so I thought I'm ok guess not ..

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 03:44:05 am »
Hi Latriste,

Like Willy and Em said, calm down and relax. Your life is not over at all. You've only hit a roadblock.

But importantly, have you had a western blot test to confirm your HIV status ? You Can only know you are surely +ive if you have had this test. Don't jump to conclusions before that.

Millions have been though what you are currently experiencing. It gets better and life goes on. Promise.

Hugs!!
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 08:51:19 am »
Latriste, you need to have your positive antibody result confirmed with a Western Blot test to rule out a false positive result. False positive results can and do happen and various things can cause them, such as pregnancy, underlying and possibly not yet diagnosed autoimmune illnesses, and sometimes they just happen, particularly on rapid tests.

Until you've had your result confirmed (or ruled out) by a Western Blot test, you cannot be considered to have been diagnosed with hiv.

Get your confirmatory test done and let us know what happens. If you continue to feel suicidal, get yourself to the nearest hospital and let someone know how you are feeling. It would be silly to kill yourself over hiv and even sillier if you turn out to have had a false positive result.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Latriste07

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 10:38:38 am »
Hi ann !! I sure I am I had have all the symptom after unprocted sex ,, but I had got 4 antibody test negative in 1 year the test came out positive was antigen test..

Offline Latriste07

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 10:44:30 am »
Hi ann !! I sure I am I had have all the symptom after unprocted sex ,, but I had got 4 antibody test negative in 1 year the test came out positive was antigen test..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 01:18:31 pm »
If by antigen test you mean the p24 antigen portion of a fourth generation hiv test, you still need to have the result confirmed with further antibody and Western Blot testing.

If you have tested positive on the p24 antigen test and it is a true positive, this will mean that you would have been infected within the last two or three weeks before the test was performed.

The p24 antigen is only present very early on during primary infection and disappears when enough antibodies are present to trigger a reactive (positive) result on the antibody test.

There are no short-cuts to hiv testing for either a positive or a negative result.

Please get your results confirmed.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline harleymc

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 08:50:53 pm »
 Latriste07,

You're in shock, afraid and feeling isolated. I remember those feelings well even though that happend to me in 1985 and I was visiting another country when I found out. That's 27 years ago. My life ain't over and yours isn't either.

Get some counselling help to get you through this tough time. Your doctor can put you in tough with counsellors who are experienced with this situation. Do NOT try to manage all this all on your own.

Big hugs

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.