Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:15:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 229
Total: 230

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Joshie's car  (Read 3178 times)

Offline wolfter

Joshie's car
« on: July 04, 2011, 04:57:13 pm »
My nephew was home for Spring break and is a testament to texting and driving.  My sister bought him a nice little Ford for highschool graduation and only carried liability on it (he's 20 and she's not rich).  He sideswiped a car when attempting to change lanes.  We had it towed to a bodyshop and was informed the car was basically totaled.  We towed it to my house and my sister and I actually did all the repairs.  Took long enough, but still.  We had to replace the axle, strut assembly, wheel hub and bearings.  We straightened and welded the front bumper plate back together then started on the body parts.  I think we did a pretty amazing job.  He's a bit upset that we chose not to have it painted....poor little thing.  

« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 07:03:41 pm by wolfter »
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
Re: Joshie's car
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 06:52:13 pm »
You and Sissy did that repair? Holy crap, Im impressed. I didnt think you were that butch (and never would expect anyones sis to be that butch).

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline wolfter

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 08:14:07 pm »
You and Sissy did that repair? Holy crap, Im impressed. I didnt think you were that butch (and never would expect anyones sis to be that butch).

-Will

;D  We certainly couldn't do it for a living considering how much time we spent on it.  Definitely a situation where Google was our friend.  My sis is a petite little cute thing and very feminine yet has the ability to jump in and do just about anything she sets her mind to.  I have quite a few tricks handy (and not the kind you pay by the hour).  I'm sure we'll end up having it painted for him since he's in college and needs his money for more important things.  Like clubbing and driving around texting.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 08:28:05 pm »
My sis is a petite little cute thing and very feminine
is she the one in the pix that I accidentally dissed by noticing the cute puppy instead of her? LOL

Wow! seeing these before-and-after pix really helps the story. you need to stick this beat-up car picture in the same album on FB that has those re-done car pictures. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline wolfter

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 08:31:48 pm »
is she the one in the pix that I accidentally dissed by noticing the cute puppy instead of her? LOL

Wow! seeing these before-and-after pix really helps the story. you need to stick this beat-up car picture in the same album on FB that has those re-done car pictures. ;)

If you scroll back, I have all the before pictures posted.  Yes, that's my only sis in that pic.  We were completely done and all that needed done was the license plate put back on.  We spent an hour watching him do it.  The new bumper cover didn't come pre-drilled and he just wasn't getting it.  He tries pulling his "gay card" to justify why he's such a prissy little bitch.  Yeah, like that'll work.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 12:52:09 pm »
;D  We certainly couldn't do it for a living considering how much time we spent on it.  Definitely a situation where Google was our friend.  My sis is a petite little cute thing and very feminine yet has the ability to jump in and do just about anything she sets her mind to.  I have quite a few tricks handy (and not the kind you pay by the hour).  I'm sure we'll end up having it painted for him since he's in college and needs his money for more important things.  Like clubbing and driving around texting.

I swear I know more kids who have been in wrecks caused by texting...  I used to know a woman who would read novels as she drove (10+ wrecks at the time I knew her) and I wouldn't get in a car with her.  I would wait to repaint it for a while in case he does it again.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 02:52:21 pm »
It's kinda weird, but my brother's son just wrecked his new graduation present too.  They gave it to him a year early so they could stop being his constant chauffeur.  I about croaked when I first saw what they bought him, a 2009 Dodge Charger.  Luckily, they did have full coverage on it.  My brother is in the process of investigating their cell records to pinpoint the exact time of the accident to see if it corresponds with cell usage.

These young ins just don't get it!

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 06:39:30 pm »
Holy crap that's impressive!
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline weasel

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 11:29:34 am »

WOW  :o

That is a nice job !

No paint needed .

He must be happy  :)

Weasel

P.s. Do not drive and text .
" Live and let Live "

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.