Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:09:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 345
Total: 346

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Take the AMG 2006 survey (for everyone)  (Read 12738 times)

Offline Cliff

Take the AMG 2006 survey (for everyone)
« on: September 08, 2006, 02:45:24 pm »
http://www.createsurvey.com/c/39787-mm8cv3/

Please click on the link above and take the AMG survey.  The survey is short (20 questions, many yes or no) and should only take about 5-15 minutes to complete.  Also, the survey is for anyone, regardless of whether or not you actually attended the event.  Your information, particularly those who are rather shy about giving feedback/opinions in the forums is important! 

http://www.createsurvey.com/c/39787-mm8cv3/

The survey will by up for two weeks.

Thanks!

Offline Alain

• I am.
Re: Take the AMG 2006 survey (for everyone)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 03:22:26 pm »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 06:11:00 pm by cowandalehouse »

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 03:49:35 pm »
done

Offline Cliff

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 03:50:08 pm »
Thanks Alain!!

I updated the survey, but unfortunately didn't find out until after I did so that it corrupted the survey results for those who have already completed the survey.  There were 4 people who took the survey before 4:45 PM (EST).  Can I ask those individuals who have already taken the survey to retake it for me please!!!!  

Sorry about that.  I won't make any further modifications.

Cliff

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 03:51:27 pm »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 09:07:04 pm by cowandalehouse »

Offline Razorbill

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 05:21:07 pm »
Done Cliff.  When and where will results get posted?  Thanks for your efforts.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 05:39:50 pm »
Hi Ernie,

Once enough surveys have been received I'll post periodic summaries of the results in this thread.  The survey will be closed on Friday, September 22nd.  I will post the final survey results here as well.  The website summaries the survey results into various formats/templates (PDF or MSExcel), so at any given time I can provide survey results if someone wants this information.  And this is done with minimal (well no, actually) manipulation required by me.

If at any time someone would like the results and they have not been posted in this thread, please send me a PM with your email address and I'll send the results/files straight away.

Cliff
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 05:41:24 pm by Cliff »

Offline Trish

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 06:02:57 pm »
Thanks Cliff.

I did the survey.

Trish
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 06:20:25 pm »
Thanks for taking the time to do this Cliff...all done.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 06:55:40 pm »
i redid it but it said i had already answered the survey.
Sorry, you have already answered this survey

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 07:53:33 pm »
Done Cliff Thanks. ;)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 08:45:51 pm »
I completed mine.

Thanks Cliff!   You're the tops....

You're the top, you're the Colosseum,
You're the top, you're the Louvre Museum,
You're a melody from a symphony by Strauss,
You're a Bendel bonnet, a Shakespeare sonnet, you're Mickey Mouse.
You're the Nile, you're the Tower of Pisa,
You're the smile on the Mona Lisa,
I'm a worthless check, a total wreck, a flop,
But if baby I'm the bottom, you're the top!

Hugs,
Alan (who loves to break into a song!)

added on edit:  oops, maybe I shouldn't have done a song about tops and bottoms.....hehe  ;D
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Quarter Horse

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 08:55:42 pm »
Cliff,

Done.

Thanks,
Brian
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: IT GOES ON.

Robert Frost

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 10:52:26 pm »
Cliff,

Done man. Thanks for your help.  Alanbama sang it all !!!

Hugs, Ric

Offline purpledragonfly

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 11:26:12 pm »
Done, and i hope i can go to the next one. This last one sounded so wonderful.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2006, 12:31:08 am »
 :(The survey won't let me submit if I don't fill in the * fields, yet some are for "if you didn't attend..." can you fix that Cliff?

Offline joemutt

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2006, 12:40:43 am »
"if the gathering were held outside North America" is a required field*,
but my option of choice (Asia) is not available. So I cannot do the survey at all  ??? Could that be altered? Thank You  :P
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 12:45:57 am by joemutt »

Offline Cliff

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2006, 03:46:10 am »
Hi Guys,

Bailey, I'm certain your initial response was received and counted.  After I deleted the first 4 responses and reset one of the questions, a survey was completed.  Your first reply in this thread was right after it popped up.  If your 2nd try was kicked out, then that confirms that your survey has received.

Creighton, I'm not sure which questions you are referring to.  But there are two questions near the start of the survey which ask "If you did not attend...."  The first option you can choose (for both questions) is "Not applicable, as I did attend AMG 2006"  That would be the choice to select in order to complete that question and move on to the next one. 

(To others, not creighton): The last two questions are applicable to those who attended the event.  People who did not attend AMG have responded with (not applicable, x, N/A, etc..).

Joe, sorry I am unable to alter the survey at this time.  One option is to complete the survey and click on your most likely place to attend from the list provided and then for the last question, note that you will like to see the gathering held in your desired location (Asia.)

All,

I will not release any results until the survey has been completed.  Ignore my statements above about periodic release of results.

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 07:47:16 am by Cliff »

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2006, 06:32:04 am »
Cliffy......

Thank you for putting this survey up.

You are a darling.

hermie
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline joemutt

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2006, 08:51:07 am »
OK Cliff, not to worry, I did as you told  ::)  and put my remarks in  :)
I m  8) .

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2006, 11:23:48 am »
Cliff,

I find this survey, like most I take, to have some flaws that will skew the real meaning of the answers.  There were some very important questions under the "If you did attend, don't answser" subjects.  I wanted to answer those and shed some light on what I felt were some things we need to keep in our sights for the future to mature this event to something much more impactful than what it currently is.  Further, I submit a copy of the statement that I placed in the end of the survey here for all to see.  This event is rapidly growing in scope and cost to totally alienate many of the people we originally were focused on to attend such events.

One last comment.  I did attend Montreal, but like Toronto last year, there is no way in hell I could attend any of these events without the generosity of others on the forum.  I more than likely will never in the future, be attending any more international events, as the cost to me, living on SSDI is far to steep to be able to even save the money to make such a trip.  I cannot tell you how difficult it was to even save the necessary $500.00 for eating, transport and entertainment while I was there.  Many of you thought I might be eating in my room because I did not want to "eat out", but the reverse is true, and thank the good Lord above for the market in the basement of the hotel, I used it regularly to economize so I could go to Quebec City, and all the other side events which to me were so very expensive relatively.

I think that these gatherings that are international are fine, and do serve the needs of the (qualified relatively) wealthy.  However, those of us who are unable to work, unable to save out of a very minimalized income; well, we just don't come into the picture.  I feel very strongly that because of the fact that many of the Living With Forum members fall into this financially strapped segment of society, that we should make every effort to seek financial help to pay the way for those who are in dire need of the gatherings, but would not even dream of such a trip without the help of an outside source.  I never travel anymore, as paying for the gas to get  to the doctor is no longer fully covered by Ryan White due to the current level of funding from Washington DC, and the general rise in the cost of living keeps me tied to home most of the time. I am very fortunate in that I have an income that exceeds $1000 a month, but many here do not, and those are the ones I am so very concerned with.   If we are to make these events accessible to all from all over the planet; (an honorable and achieveable goal) then we must address the core of this event and deal with the money.  This survey doesn't even come close to addressing this disturbing subject and at the same time, will not garner the needed responses from those who have felt dis-enfranchised by the very nature of an expensive trip that they cannot see their way to join.  These are the ones that could benifit most from a gathering no matter how large, expensive or small and inexpensive

Please be sure, Cliff and others, I am not angry and am not bitching here, I am so very grateful for those who have seen fit to invite me to these events and paid out of their pockets for me to have this very pleasant and enriching experience.  I gain so much from the trips and I try to give back as much as possible in my time spent on the site.  That being said, I just cannot commit to any more international events, and will not, as there is no way possible that I can afford such expenses on my income.  If I feel this way, just how do you think that some of the new women that are members of the site, look at these events from their very limited resources?

Please guys, we must deal with the money, or this event will become just like all the major conferences that we could all benifit from so much but must not even consider because of a lack of funds.

In Love and Concern.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Cliff

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2006, 01:12:48 pm »
Hi Tim,

I agree with you, the survey does not address this issue of financial constraints.  But I do believe that those who are marginalized by this disease do come into the picture.  I think the efforts by the grant committee and the sacrifices made by those who have donated to the fund, prove that people do want others to enjoy AMG, even if they are living with limited means.  Also I remember people being very keen on finding a low-cost, quality hotel in order to keep hotel costs low and part of the considerations in terms of city selection was the average cost of airfare to that city. 

At the gathering, Rocky approached me about using the human resources we have within our membership (CPA, Attorney, etc..) to establish a not-for-profit fund/organization that can better address fundraising efforts (outside of the forums).  I would imagine that the new organizers will look into this further.

Unfortunately everything in life cost something.  To meet, no matter where the event is located, there will be costs and perhaps that does result in some people not being able to attend.  That's a fact of life.  But hopefully once planning kicks into full gear, all of us can pitch in to help with brainstorming fundraising ideas as well as participating in various fundraising activities to address this issue.

Stay well mister,

Cliff

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2006, 11:01:08 pm »
Done.  Thanks Cliff.  Looking forward to the results.

Offline David_CA

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2006, 10:00:37 am »
Done!  Thanks, Cliff, for putting your time into this.  It definitely shows how meaningful the Gatherings are to you. 

David
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2006, 10:41:08 am »
Another David in the bag........ :P

In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Cliff

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2006, 10:59:04 am »
Update: 54 responses have been received, 25 of which were from folks who attended AMG06.

(and a play on newt's thing....)

Watching now: Munich, a very long ass movie.  :-[
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 01:46:36 pm by Cliff »

Offline Jody

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2006, 01:37:10 pm »
I have responded to the survey, thanks Cliff for taking the time.

Jody  :)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Robert

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2006, 04:34:53 pm »
Cliff

This is a hijack....plain and simple.  It has absolutely nothing to do with your survey.

I graduated from college in 1972.  That fall a friend and I went traveling around Europe, E. Europe, Turkey, the Middle East including Lebanon.  The day of the Munich massacre we happend to be driving to Tyre, which is near the Israeli border (and has been in the news lately, by the way).  It was early Sunday morning and very, very quite.  Eerily quiet.  The streets were empty.  Black flags were on buildings, windows, cars; everywhere you looked.  We got out of the car to look around but then thought better of it.  Got back in the car and drove back to Beirut (which, then, was a gorgeous city on the Mediterranean).  On our way home we heard the news about Black September on the radio.  By the time we got back to Beirut we could hear the bombs falling from the Israeli jets.  The next day we had planned to go to Baalbek, in Eastern Lebanon and near the Syrian border.  There are incredible Roman and Egyptian ruins there.  We had just learned it was also the home base of the Palestinian Arabs who had invaded Munich.  We cancelled our trip. 

Beirut has never been the same.

Just thought you might want to know, Mister

Now, back to the survey.

robert

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2006, 02:46:17 am »
Thanks, Cliff.

survey done
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline Cliff

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2006, 02:03:06 pm »
Robert,

Scary times and you were right in the thick of it!  Wow.

The movie was good.  A bit long.  But it was fairly balanced, I guess.  It's inspired by real events, so I'm not so sure how much inspiration he gave it.  It was also very graphic, at times.  I could only watch portions of it at a time...there was just too much bloodshed and death.

It reminds you that sometimes vengeance is futile.  But I like Golda Meir.  Like Thatcher, she was one ball-busting lady.  Too bad the Yom Kippur war ended up being her underdoing, (unfairly if you ask me).

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.