Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:25:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 221
Total: 223

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Mutual masturbation with pre cum on finger  (Read 48734 times)

Offline Rhoads

Mutual masturbation with pre cum on finger
« on: July 25, 2009, 04:21:11 am »
Hello,

I want to start of by saying that I've been really paranoid these past two months. I was involved in mutual masturbation. I know that the guy I was with was stroking his penis before he started stroking mine. My concern is that he started rubbing the head of my penis after he had pre cum on his finger. I'm so worried and scared I just need to know if this is a risky situation for contracting HIV??  How long does the virus live outside the body?  I have a sore throat with a head ache can this be an HIV symptom?  I just can't take thi anymore I can't get tested until I have three months the not knowing is killing me. Can someone please reply asap it would make me feel better. Thank you   

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Mutual masturbation with pre cum on finger
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 05:07:51 am »
Rhoads,

Mutual masturbation is absolutely not a risk for hiv infection, regardless if you got some of his cum on your penis or not. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in UNPROTECTED anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies. Once hiv finds itself outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER MUTUAL MASTURBATION, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Rhoads

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 10:44:59 am »
Thanks for your quick reply Ann. I woke up today and I feel better from my sore throat. Another thing is how long does the virus survives in the air?? Like how many minutes or seconds?  And what happens once it hits the air?? does it die? Does it stay alive but not able to Infect?  Once again thanks for your reply Ann.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 01:37:43 pm »
Rhodes,

When the virus is outside the body and exposed to the environment, the small changes I told you about above damage the outer shell. The virus needs this outer shell to be intact in order for it to latch onto the very few, very specific types of cells it can infect.

Not one person has ever been infected with hiv through mutual masturbation where they've gotten the other person's fluids on their penis - and you won't be the first. Really. If you were at risk, we'd tell you. You did NOT have a risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Rhoads

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 09:10:04 pm »
Ann one more question. This is even if his pre cum was rubbed on the tip of the head the urethra??  

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 05:57:15 am »
Rhodes,

I've been assuming all along that his cum got on the head of your penis and therefore your urethra. NO RISK!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Rhoads

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 01:07:34 pm »
Thanks again Ann. I'm still gonna get a full STD check up just for peace of mind. I'm just hoping to see negative results.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 01:14:19 pm »
That will be a slam dunk since your didn't have a risk of contracting HIV.

Offline Rhoads

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 02:50:16 pm »
Thanks again for your comments. They have really helped me ease my mind. It's the wait that's killing me. Sucks to have to wait three months for these results. But I do feel alot better, I'm now able to get back to my work outs I've been really stressed latkey and I haven't been doing much. Thank you.

Offline Rhoads

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 01:14:06 am »
 I have another questio. Since you say that I was not at risk for HIV from my incident can I contract anything else like herpes or any other STD?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 06:46:16 am »
Rhodes,

If you have questions about other STIs, see your doctor. This is an hiv website and you did not have a risk for hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Rhoads

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 04:09:25 am »
 Thanks for all your responses Ann. Is it true that you can get reliable results for HIV after two weeks of testing. By the way I had an ELISA western blot test.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 05:53:43 am »
Rhodes,

When there has acutally been a risk - and you did NOT have a risk - the earliest one should test is at six weeks. A six week negative - where there has actually been a risk, which you did NOT have - should be confirmed at the three month point.

The ELISA and WB are two different tests. It doesn't matter what was used on you, as you had NO RISK. If you have questions about the different tests, then you should read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, and click on the Testing link.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Rhoads

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 11:37:50 am »
Ann

So your telling me that I can just ignore the next HIV test since I was only involved in the incedent I described above.  I got a full STD body work including HIV and I was negative for everything.  

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 11:44:31 am »
There is only so many ways of telling you, you didn't have a risk.. Now move on.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 01:20:28 pm »
We're telling you to drop the whole subject now. You didn't have a risk and there is no further need for testing.

Period. End of story.
Andy Velez

Offline Rhoads

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 10:22:36 pm »
I'm sorry you guys I'm probobly annoying you but it's differnt when your the person that's worried. And this is also my first time doing anything sexual. And another thing that worries me is that I have all these symptoms but i don't know if they are caused byy anxiety or stress.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 10:28:16 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Rhoads

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 05:17:08 pm »
Ok well I've been feeling this tingiling and stinging sensation on my hands and feet isn't that an HIV symptom??

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 05:21:10 pm »
Move on and seek professional mental help.

Offline Rhoads

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 05:28:55 pm »
Not trying disrespect but that doesnt answer my question at all

but thanks for your responses anyways

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 06:59:35 pm »
You've already been repeatedly told you weren't at risk for sexual transmission for HIV.

Whatever is causing your symptoms has nothing to do with HIV. See your doctor if the problem persists. Given that you are newly sexual active I suspect this is all about the anxiety which often accompanies the beginning of sexual active. Along with being exciting it also often provokes a lot of other feelings as well.

This is not an HIV situation. Period. End of story.
Andy Velez

Offline Rhoads

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2009, 07:20:29 pm »
Thanks Andy it's really hard for me though. I just hope that three weeks from now I get a negative result. It'll be my three month period. I'm so scared to hear that I am positive for HIV

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2009, 08:21:25 pm »
From what you have said. Your HIV test will be negative. I assure you of that.
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

Offline Rhoads

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2009, 01:07:32 pm »
O that tingiling and pinching sensation is not an HIV symptom?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2009, 01:13:06 pm »
Say good-bye..

Offline Rhoads

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2009, 01:18:41 pm »
What do you mean say good bye??

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2009, 01:21:44 pm »
That's Rod's way of telling you to stop coming back here repeatedly about the same incident which you have been told again and again did not put you at risk.

Yes, you're going to test negative.

No, you can't continue returning everytime you get anxious again.

Get busy with other things for the rest of the waiting time and then collect the inevitable negative result.

If your "tingling" continues, discuss that with your doctor. It has nothing to do with HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline Rhoads

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2009, 01:39:02 pm »
Thanks Andy you really make me feel more calm. Ima try to find other advice. As for my doctor I don't have one cause I don't have medical insurance so going to the doctor is expensive for me. That's the reason I come here all the time. Thanks aging

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2009, 03:37:01 pm »
Well, we can't help you with whatever is bothering you physically.

All we can with full confidence tell you is that whatever is going on has nothing to do with HIV. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline Rhoads

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 04:21:20 pm »
It's cause I read that HIV causes a tingiling and pinching sensation on hands and feet as well. I'm sorry Andy I really am for posting over and over for what you guys call this no risk situation it's just that I get all these symptoms that make me get so anxious and I feel like HIV is causing them

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 04:40:42 pm »
Well feelings are not facts. There is nothing in HIV science to support your fears.

Absolutely NOTHING.

You need to know you can't keep coming back here repeatedly with this same non-issue.

If you do, you're going to find yourself very soon getting a 28 day Time Out from the site.

You DO NOT HAVE CAUSE FOR CONCERN ABOUT HIV. Period!
Andy Velez

Offline Rhoads

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2009, 09:51:30 am »
Hello

is it true that most HIV symptoms are accompanied by a fever??

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2009, 10:19:34 am »
A fever is not an HIV-specific symptom.

You need to re-read my previous response which included a warning to you about coming back here repeatedly for a non-risk incident.

You're on the verge of getting a 28 day time out. Consider youself warned.
Andy Velez

Offline Rhoads

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2009, 08:09:52 pm »
"Transferring body fluids, including sperm, from one partner's genitals to the other person's genitals, can result in pregnancy (when male to female), or the passing of a serious sexually transmitted disease like Gonorrhea, Syphilis, Chlamydia, Herpes, AIDS, HPV, Hepatitis, Trichomoniasis, Pubic Lice (crabs), or Scabies. The best protection is knowing your partner, knowing their sexual history, being tested for STD's before petting, not sharing sex toys (like vibrators, dildos, etc.) without washing them first (or not sharing them at all), and making sure that no semen is on your fingers or hand when it contacts the vulva and/or vagina. Mutual masturbation and heavy petting with many different partners dramatically increases the risk of STD's. "

Ok I wa doing some reaserch online and I got this on formation above from teeadvice.com

is this old information? Why do other websites say other wise and who is correct??  Can you please help le with this final question?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2009, 08:24:03 pm »
Rhodes,

Yes, it's old information. You can tell by the wording - you cannot transmit aids, aids is a syndrome, not a virus. It's hiv that is transmitted. And sexually speaking, it is only transmitted through UNPROTECTED INTERCOURSE.

YOU DID NOT HAVE A RISK. End of story.

I'm giving you that time out you've been repeatedly warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.