Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:30:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 214
Total: 216

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Can you still be ''gorgeous'' if you have HIV?  (Read 13208 times)

Offline lifer

Can you still be ''gorgeous'' if you have HIV?
« on: May 02, 2008, 04:34:12 pm »
Might sound  stupid and of course the word gorgeous is different to every person but overall, can you look very good even though you have hiv? Ive read posts saying you age faster, your skin heals much slower, that fatique look on the face... I mean, how many of you despite the healthy status in theory think, boy have i changed in my face and dont have that ''appeal'' anymore..How many of you can say, when i go out i know people can see i have hiv? and how many of you can say i am more beautiful as ever, despite meds and hiv..

of course looks should not matter and we should be happy we can at least our lives but i dont wanna spend the rest of my life looking like an old diseased person when i'll only be thirty if you know what i mean. thanks for your input!

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
Re: Can you still be ''gorgeous'' if you have HIV?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 04:37:57 pm »
I think this deserves a "Barbara please..."

I won't name names but take a look at some of the beautiful men and women on this site.

Offline Texan38

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 04:58:53 pm »
As Meg Ryan said, "Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes!"  :D
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 05:23:43 pm »
I think this deserves a "Barbara please..."

I'll go one step further:  I think that Lifer has just insulted a lot of the forums members.

"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline lifer

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 05:29:34 pm »
well sorry guys i didnt mean to insult anyone, i havent seen any pictures of anyone here so cant judge. it was a serious question however, but i guess the answer is positive from your replies.

Offline dixieman

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 05:54:54 pm »
Well I think if someone is vain enough to owe their total existence to how they look? Whether hiv and or not... one thing in life as we age tends to teach each and everyone one of us...to be  humble...

A friend of mine was in a car wreck about 10 months ago... I have to admit he was damn goodlooking... well after having several surgeries... some serious 3rd degree burns  over a third of his body and face... he could not deal with the loss of his looks... being a burn victim was an emotional nightmare for him... no matter how many skin grafts ... cosmetic surgery etc... theres just so much the doctors could do... last week he committed suicide... He will be greatly missed!

now I'm 47 and people tell me I do not look my age... but, when asked I tell people I'm 57 you should hear all the Compliments I receive... add ten years onto your age and you'll look fabulous for years to come...plus the benefits one receives from aarp! Think positive!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 07:40:05 pm »
I've been positive for all my adult life. I'll be 36 at the end of this month. I think I look age appropriate. Some people might think I am attractive while others might not. I think I look good most of the time aside from some extra fat in the middle. But many women my age who have had kids have the same thing.

My boyfriend has been positive for roughly 19 years. He has lipoatrophy in his face. I think he is beautiful regardless. I know it bothers him and affects his self esteem.
I see pictures of him when he was younger and he was really cute then but I think he is perfectly fine now.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 09:55:03 pm »
I'll echo gsogymrat and also refer you to my avatar, then you need to ask my boyfriend, or better yet, my sister, who was all hot after that guy in the picture until she put on her glasses and realized it was her little brother!

And "old diseased" as a look is entirely the perception of the beholder. There are quite a few guys and gals here who may have "wasting" or lipo issues, but they were born gorgeous and they can't lose that kind of gift even if they try.  

And everyone is beautiful, haven't you heard the songs?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pPk5c3yoZyg

and that includes YOU!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tYXGoOpzaEQ

*edited to spell "sister" correctly, not that  I say it much...*
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 11:19:27 pm by Basquo »

Offline CaliGuy22

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 10:00:10 pm »
Hi Lifer,
I have only known I was Poz for a few months now but I feel hotter then ever  ;D When I found out I was Poz I went to work and out thinking everyone could tell by looking at me that I had it and I thought I was ugly. Then one day my brain kicked in and I realized I look the same. If anything I work out, run, work on my body and looks more now then ever before. My partner has been Poz for a few years and he is gorgeous by a lot of peoples standards. While I know there are side effects and things that can alter ones personal looks physically i have not had to encounter these things yet. But for right now I feel better then ever.

~J
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 10:02:33 pm by CaliGuy22 »
Compassion is Revolution.

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 10:14:00 pm »
I've had to face that I am not a 'pretty boy' any more because, ....I'm not a boy anymore...I'm 55 and am now a damn handsome man.  ;D
and that is not me talking or my family or my friends....these are the words of complete strangers.....
I used to think that it was emblazoned across my forehead and that people could just 'smell HIV on me...but, no one is going to know if you don't tell them..this is why we have the topic on 'disclosure'...should I tell or not'...becasue they won't know until you do.
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 10:26:16 pm »
I'll echo Win on this one, I think I look pretty good, but just have a thicker middle due to lipo.

Its a matter of being attractive on the inside as well.
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 10:27:41 pm »
blah  I've never been gorgeous so it doesn't matter

Offline chm02

• id est
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 10:38:18 pm »
My opinion is that your question already makes you "not gorgeous", Lifer.
I have never been attracted to men who thought they were gorgeous or were worried about loosing their looks.
As someone once said, intelligence is the ultimate aphrodisiac. I appreciate- and go for- men who are comfortable with themselves, no matter how they look on the outside.
:)

-Mark

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline BubbaPat

• Bubba hugs!
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 11:18:48 pm »
 ;D
Honey... since I've been POZ, I've gotten pleasingly plump and grew some facial hair, with gray,  and I"m still HOT!!!  Bear hot not twinkie hot but HOT none the less.

If HIV moves my fat around, I'll play "find the jiggle".  If HIV causes my face to age, I'll say that my true wisdom is finally starting to show.  It may not be easy but what ever happens, I'll do my best to deal.

You've gotta love the variety of life! 

Bubba hugs!!
Patrick
Bubba hugs!

Offline StrongGuy

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 12:03:17 am »
The title of this thread made me smile so I had to jump in.

Of course you can still be "gorgeous."

I dare say many of my poz friends put to shame some of my neg friends.

I wouldn't obsess - age plays tricks on everyone neg or poz. Just take care of youself best you can and that's all you can do!

Peace :)
MIke

"Get your medical advice from Doctors or medical professionals who you trust and know your history."

"Beware of the fortune teller doom and gloomers who seek to bring you down and are only looking for company, purpose and validation - not your best physical/mental interests."

"You know you all are saying that this is incurable. When the real thing you should be saying is it's not curable at the present time' because as we know, the great strides we've made in medicine." - Elizabeth Edwards

Offline xyahka

• Dance together!! aha!! aha!! I like it!!
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 12:20:17 am »
I agree with someone who said that there are more important things that just "looking gorgeous". We should not clasify the way we look... we should LOVE the way we look. Period.

I think it is wrong to let others decide if you are gorgeous or not... cause none can tell who or what you are... just you. If you love yourself... others will learn to love you does not matter the way you look like.

Juan Carlos (thinking the guy i see in my mirror every morning while i wash my face is so damn gorgeous... :) )
13/03/07 1er diagnóstico /Peso: 79kg
19/04/07 CD4: 494 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 80kg
19/07/07 CD4: 659 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79.5kg
06/03/08 CD4: 573 (después de meses muy deprimido) /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79kg
17/09/08 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 84Kg
06/02/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 85Kg /HCV: Neg /HBV: Neg.
07/03/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg / Gym 3días/semana y Natación 2días/semana.
12/05/09 CD4: 470 /Cviral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg.
08/07/09 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 77Kg.
09/12/09 CD4: 510 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg. No medicinas aún
10/01/10 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
15/05/10 CD4: 320 /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
01/02/11 CD4: 291 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
05/05/11 CD4: 366 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
27/07/11 CD4: 255 /CViral: 138000 /Peso: 78kg.

Disfrutando y aceptando una nueva vida...

Offline cubbybear

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2008, 01:21:03 am »
There's some pretty scary looking negative people stealing oxygen on this planet.

Cubbybear (who's +ve and not too bad on the eyes some days).

Offline shadowfluid

• Mike
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2008, 03:04:11 am »
*flips hair*
Jan 08       321/23%  VL 92,000 (very mild shingles)
Feb 1 08    Start Truvada+Viramune
March 08    470/33%  VL 320
mid-May     Start Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada
June 08      571/ 40%     VL   80
August 08   585/ 33%     VL >50
Nov  Lab error!!!!!!!!wah.
Jan 09        535      Undetectable
March 11     756

Offline mjmel

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2008, 05:23:31 am »
blah  I've never been gorgeous so it doesn't matter

Wrong! (you 're such a handsome devil diver)

Offline John2038

• Happiness is a journey, not a destination.
    • HIV Research News (Twitter)
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2008, 07:08:41 am »
Physical appearance is NOT what matter the most. But the rest.
The day people understand that, they start to be gorgeous.

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2008, 08:56:00 am »
Lifer,

I wouldn't want to know anyone who thinks they are “gorgeous.” I've met enough of those in my life and frankly, they bore me. The same goes for people who feel compelled to follow the latest trends. They are like mindless sheep who are insecure within themselves. I believe Jann Arden said it best in her song Never Mind, “You can’t believe how a person looks is who they are.”

People who are their genuine selves and comfortable in their own skin are much more interesting to me.

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2008, 09:37:25 am »
Lifer, I see from your posting history that you are very, very, young (19) and very, very, new to your HIV diagnosis. Though I might have worded your question a little more delicately I think I understand what you're asking. I think your fear is not so much losing the beauty of youth but of looking "diseased" while you're still young. I can understand that, no young person wants to go through their life thinking that a disease they have might eventually make them sick and effect their looks. In the past HIV has been a cruel misstress when it came to body image. Not only did she make us feel ill inside, she threw in lipo, buffalo humps, wasting and a variety of other ways to make us feel ugly on the outside. That Aids look if you will. Yes, you'll hear "don't worry about that, beauty is on the inside" but many of us have resorted to all manor of ways not to look like we have AIDS. Does it make us shallow or superficial? Nope, it makes us human.

So enough of the bad news. The good news is with the newer treatments you'll probably not have to experience anything more than the normal changes a body goes through as it ages.

I think right now my concern for you would be your emotional health. You really want to take care of that and not let HIV make it ugly. So ask your questions and if some seem a bit irritated it's because of what they have gone through with AIDS.

I do have to warn you I'll kick your ass if you ever again say thirty is old ;D Nineteen, I got on underwear older than that.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2008, 11:56:59 am »
Nineteen, I got on underwear older than that.

Held together by stubborn understains, no doubt.   :-*
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline John2038

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2008, 12:00:01 pm »
Dachshund,

let others be themselves and stop giving directions to think, but suggestions.
Nobody is always right, even you.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2008, 12:00:49 pm »
You sure know how to hurt a girl
Fewer hugs and no more kisses
Just water for your carburetor
And bearings for your pistons
Rev her engine for your pleasure
Caress and fondle her steering wheel
When you moan and hug her gear shift
Stop! Think how it makes me feel

CHORUS
Skidmarks on my heart
You've got me in fifth
You're burning rubber like my love
I'm driving in risk
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2008, 12:03:38 pm »
Dachshund,

let others be themselves and stop giving directions to think, but suggestions.
Nobody is always right, even you.

John, please do not hijack this thread with flamebait aimed at Doxie. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2008, 12:33:52 pm »
I do have to warn you I'll kick your ass if you ever again say thirty is old ;D Nineteen, I got on underwear older than that.

LOL I over looked that 30 being old comment. I remember thinking the same way when I was a teen. I guess its a common thing for younger people to think.
But I dont believe I thought of people within 15 years my age old. So even though I'll  be 36 this month I guess at 19, 36 would have seemed kinda old to me.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2008, 12:46:31 pm »
Everyone should be mindful that lipoatrophy is actually quite chic.  Just look at any runway show for Dior Homme.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2008, 01:02:37 pm »
I'll have to remember that next time my boyfriend is feeling blue about how his face has changed.

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2008, 01:03:34 pm »
Held together by stubborn understains, no doubt.   :-*

VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2008, 01:40:32 pm »
They're old, but at least they're not diapers. ;)

Offline lifer

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2008, 02:56:47 pm »
i understand where everyone is coming from. i didnt mean to come off shallow or sending out the message that looks matter more than the inside. i simply wanted to share my thought that say in 5 ten years from now how bad will the hiv affect my looks? im not saying i am supergorgeous now but seeing a zit for example heal much slower than it used to nowadays does put thoughts into my head. is this only gonna become worse? is this a sign of my cells dropping? once im on meds will everything go back to normal? i feel tired after not doing a whole lot, is this hiv in the game? my skin looks very tired and dry, is this hiv? all these insecurities with no real answers to them just make you insecure not only about your life but also your looks!

and also the reason why these thoughts are constantly in my head is because of all the pictures they run with an hiv/aids story. they always publish pics of these poor dying emaciated people (never the beautiful ones!!!)  which only makes me wonder: IS THIS GONNA BE ME IN 5 -10 YEARS?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2008, 03:18:25 pm »

and also the reason why these thoughts are constantly in my head is because of all the pictures they run with an hiv/aids story. they always publish pics of these poor dying emaciated people (never the beautiful ones!!!)  which only makes me wonder: IS THIS GONNA BE ME IN 5 -10 YEARS?

Huh?  All I see in Poz magazine are pictures of healthy people climbing moutains in pharmaceutical ads, and most of the article feature very healthy looking people -- so much so that I don't even see pictures of patients with lipoatrophy.  Seems to me that many newly diagnosed would prefer a world where people experiencing any suffering are quietly pushed into a dark closet so that we don't disturb others.

Offline bear60

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2008, 03:24:59 pm »
Philly..
maybe he is referring to stories about HIV in Africa...not the pharmceutical advertisements.
Ads tend to be sanitized....stories about HIV in Africa or the loss of loved ones anywhere... do not tend to be sanitized.
Of course maybe he should tell us what stories he is referring to.

Joel
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2008, 03:35:46 pm »
Hey Lifer,

Well, let's see. There are parts of me that are gorgeous, but, since we're in mixed company, I shan't go into too many details.  ::)

If you take care of yourself, you stand a very good chance maintaining a good physical appearance. Remember, as Great Auntie Doxie said, keeping youself healthy mentally as well as physically is a important.

So, enjoy each day, but set goals just as you would if you didn't have the bug. I am pretty sure you will achieve many of those goals before all is said and done.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2008, 04:55:29 pm »
iand also the reason why these thoughts are constantly in my head is because of all the pictures they run with an hiv/aids story. they always publish pics of these poor dying emaciated people (never the beautiful ones!!!)  which only makes me wonder: IS THIS GONNA BE ME IN 5 -10 YEARS?

Lifer,

In my first year after being diagnosed, I remember finding images of people who were dying and emaciated by AIDS disturbing too. Wish I could tell you that is not part of your future for sure, but then I could become a millionaire being a fortune teller. Mind you that was twenty years ago.

Treatments have greatly improved now, and as others have pointed out, if you take good care of your basic health and don’t abuse it too much, chances are you will be around a good long time.

I won’t tell you not to worry because I think that’s a normal part of the diagnosis. Just try not to forget to keep things in perspective. Your health will thank you for it.

Daniel

VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2008, 05:09:51 pm »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2008, 05:49:01 pm »
Thanks for that Timmy, I hadn't looked at that thread for a while...nothing like sharing a coffee with the good looking  men in my  life to get the morning off to a good start... ;)

Hugs
Jan :-*

« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 11:11:04 pm by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline John2038

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2008, 06:19:58 pm »
wow anniebc :-*
 :D

Offline cubbybear

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2008, 08:02:36 pm »
:P

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Cliff

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2008, 08:38:15 pm »
i simply wanted to share my thought that say in 5 ten years from now how bad will the hiv affect my looks? im not saying i am supergorgeous now but seeing a zit for example heal much slower than it used to nowadays does put thoughts into my head. is this only gonna become worse? is this a sign of my cells dropping? once im on meds will everything go back to normal? i feel tired after not doing a whole lot, is this hiv in the game? my skin looks very tired and dry, is this hiv? all these insecurities with no real answers to them just make you insecure not only about your life but also your looks!
Speak to your doctor at your next scheduled appointment.  He/she will be able to determine if your HIV is a cause or partial cause of some of your concerns.  Not knowing your treatment/diagnosis history, the fact that you are not on meds would lead me to believe that your immune system must not be too impaired. I wouldn't automatically assume that all of this is related to HIV.  Some of this could be all in your head (such as the time for a zit to heal).  After being diagnosed, I became obsessed with every little thing that was wrong with me and assumed that it was always because I was now HIV positive.  I gave HIV too much importance.

Treatments have improved over the years, so you shouldn't assume that you will automatically encounter significant side effects when starting treatment (including body altering ones).

Offline Desertguy

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2008, 12:32:55 am »
Hey Lifer

I think that we are all mor gorgeious that the --  out there.  WHo siad thet we age????

Offline darwin

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2008, 05:04:52 am »
lifer, check out April's issue of POZ Magazine: http://www.poz.com/archive/2008_Apr_2166.shtml

The cover story is of 38 year old Jack Mackenroth, who has had HIV since 1991 and is a totally hottie (by mainstream standards).  If you look half as hot as him at 38, you'll have no reason to complain. 

Check him out: http://images.google.com/images?q=Jack%20Mackenroth

Of course, its far better to love yourself for who you are, and not obsess about looks, but since you're young and that is not neurodevelopmentally possible yet, let Mackenroth be your role model.

October 2007 - Chose love/stupidity over protection
23 April - Diagnosed
30 April - CD4: 364/22.1% VL: 2,198
11 July - Started Viramune/Truvada
13 August - Undetectable

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2008, 03:32:31 pm »
There's no question about it..........but I won't call you names.
HIV has nothing to do with being gorgeous....

Like others have said......take a good look around and answer your own question.
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline RedDirtGirl

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2008, 10:29:22 am »
Might sound  stupid and of course the word gorgeous is different to every person but overall, can you look very good even though you have hiv? Ive read posts saying you age faster, your skin heals much slower, that fatique look on the face... I mean, how many of you despite the healthy status in theory think, boy have i changed in my face and dont have that ''appeal'' anymore..How many of you can say, when i go out i know people can see i have hiv? and how many of you can say i am more beautiful as ever, despite meds and hiv..

of course looks should not matter and we should be happy we can at least our lives but i dont wanna spend the rest of my life looking like an old diseased person when i'll only be thirty if you know what i mean. thanks for your input!

Hi Lifer!

I just want to tell you that YES! Absolutely you can be gogeous as you say in the subject line of this thread. I am an HIV neg woman and my man is pos. We are in our 40s. He has been positive for over 20 years and hes been through ALOT in that time with his health issues. The first time I saw him walking down the street I thought to myself <That is the most beautiful man I have EVER seen  in my life!> Luckily for me he had the same reacion!  ;D I stilll find myslef looking at him and being amazed at how physically beautiful he is. And, happily, Im  fining out everyday that he is just as beautiful inside as out which is the thing that makes me love him all the more.

Put your fears to rest on this subject!

Offline ANGEL42

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2008, 11:36:12 am »
I think I`m not bad for 44 yrs old and after 11 years of being poz still taking care of myself the best I can and try to keep a young attitude. I never want to become a bitter old man. Sometimes I do wish I had my Fire island body but oh well, better being comfortable in your own skin and accepting how you look now than wishing for the unattainable.

Peace and Love
ANGEL
" My Body Might Be Broken, but My Spirit and Soul are Alive and Well " my personal mantra

Offline dingowarrior

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2008, 02:15:17 pm »
Well, I gotta say, I'm a pretty good looking S.O.B.!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.