Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:16:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 160
Total: 160

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: ccr5 biosciences sangamo  (Read 11967 times)

Offline powerpuff

ccr5 biosciences sangamo
« on: September 08, 2007, 06:46:59 pm »
ccr5 biosciences sangamo permanetly modify cells human trials start 2007. makes one into slow progressor. not made for those who aleay are

Offline Iggy

Re: ccr5 biosciences sangamo
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 07:06:30 pm »
Powerpuff,

Please read the welcome thread for this section before posting any more topics.

I'm not really certain that you are posting within the spirit intended for this forum.

I have asked for a moderator to step in, but as a poster I can say I don't personally appreciate posts in this section without some legitimate study (with citation) attached or at the very least a topic for discussion.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 07:10:47 pm by Iggy »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 07:58:33 pm »
PP,

Iggy is correct, you need to read this forum's Welcome Thread before posting any further new threads in this section. This forum is for research news and studies only - that's why we called it Research News and Studies.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline sunzidog

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 08:16:29 pm »
Geez one little mistake and powerpuff gets it... Iggy way to be the pozpetrol, but relax dude... google the subject next time and determine the source yourself... its not very hard... http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/73371.php... just a little something I found on it.  I hope thats ok.  If all else fails just call the terminator moderator Ann... shes the best.
Infected 01/02/07
03/07: VL<3800 CD4s 506 (Started Atripla)
04/07: VL<500 CD4s 585
05/07: VL<500 CD4s 606
07/07: VL<50 CD4s 1000

Offline Iggy

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 09:04:01 pm »
Geez one little mistake and powerpuff gets it... Iggy way to be the pozpetrol, but relax dude... google the subject next time and determine the source yourself... its not very hard... http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/73371.php... just a little something I found on it.  I hope thats ok.  If all else fails just call the terminator moderator Ann... shes the best.

Unfortunately it has not been one incident.  Perhaps instead of goggling the subject matter to present to me, you could have looked on this very board to see powerpuff did this before, which is one of the reasons I made the request.  Also, I like to point out that the request was made politely and legitimately in regards to points outlined in the Welcome thread for this area. 

In case you are confused about the issue or have not read the Welcome thread yourself - the nature of the request is to keep this section (research news) one where people who post a topic provide some context and backing to their point so to avoid promotion of items that are either of questionable value, legitimacy or are misrepresented by the author of the topic - that is why the burden is on the author of the thread and not the reader to provide sourcing.

Lastly, I think that in your rush to make comment and act as a form or poz patrol which you accuse me of being you just might have missed that I stated in my first post that I was asking a moderator to look at the issue and Ann in fact did respond and agree.

Hope this clarifies it enough for you.

Offline sunzidog

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 09:35:33 pm »
Great lingo bud... chill out again.
Infected 01/02/07

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 09:39:22 pm »
But they don't talk about, unless I missed it, they don't talk about changing tropism...from CCR5 to CCRX...which is what happened to me when I was on a study for maraviroc...I am wondering if they will address that issue later in their research?
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 10:04:41 pm »
Great lingo bud... chill out again.

As a new member please note that a little more respect should be given when replying to posts...thanks for your coopertation.

As Ann has pointed out Iggy was well within his rights to ask for Moderatore assistance..I'm sure PP can look after herself and is more than capable for posting related articles.

Jan
(who is a member of the Poz Patrol)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline sunzidog

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 10:33:33 pm »
What does a new member on this site have to do with anything I just commented on Jan? I've seen people on this webiste who have been on here for years and act like complete wackos.  Don't give me the run around, thanks.  RESPECT? Blah blah blah... you Poz Patrol have no idea what that word means. 
Infected 01/02/07

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 10:55:13 pm »
Sun,

That you think people on here are complete wackos is your personal opinion. In this case may I suggest that you leave the wackos alone and go see outside if the sun shines? It may be too dark for you in here.

Milker.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 10:58:52 pm by milker »
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 01:02:35 am »
What does a new member on this site have to do with anything I just commented on Jan? I've seen people on this webiste who have been on here for years and act like complete wackos.  Don't give me the run around, thanks.  RESPECT? Blah blah blah... you Poz Patrol have no idea what that word means. 

For the record:  I reported this post to the moderators as well, sun.  You need to learn to speak with a little more repsect to other posters on this site- especially someone held in such esteem as our Jan.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 01:06:26 am »
PS:  I did a little check and can see that:

1.  You aren't very new here- joined Feb of this year, so you have been around here long enough to know better about how to address other people here.

and

2.  From your brief post record, you seem to have a history of being rather snippy with other posters.

Count me another in the "Poz Patrol".

Thunter34
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 01:07:59 am »
Aside from this thread, he has only 11 posts.  Amazing how insightful he is on the general tenor of the board and the gestapo tactics of our team of moderators.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 01:09:13 am »
i'm done with it.  a mod is here.  they can take care of it.  just rubbed me wrong.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 01:44:06 am »
Hi Sun

From the Welcome threaed in the "Living with forum"..

Offences that may result in a warning, TO, or ban include abusive language, personal attacks, threats, and starting threads or posting comments that are designed to provoke an angry response .

I'm not accusing you of abusive laguage or threats...far from it, but posting stuff like this"

I've seen people on this webiste who have been on here for years and act like complete wackos.  Don't give me the run around, thanks.  RESPECT? Blah blah blah... you Poz Patrol have no idea what that word means. 

In my opnion comes under "posting comments that are designed to provoke an angry response"....please feel free to post your thoughts on any given subject, we encourage you to take part in good healthy debates, but please do it with a little more respect....thank you again for your cooperation.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline sunzidog

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 02:11:33 am »
Hey Milky, my sun is always shining, but thanks... your darkness could never bring me down.   :) Yes, that is my personal opinion... just like you give your own personal opinion all the time... And as for my "snippy" comments Thunter...  are you trying to provoke me?  Thunter Philly Milker be kind to others please... your comments hurt and your darkness scares me... I will continue to use the ignore button unless you post about me... where it will be apt to defend myself and or other comments I strongly agree with... thank you. 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 02:14:29 am by sunzidog »
Infected 01/02/07

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 02:22:13 am »
Hey Milky, my sun is always shining, but thanks... your darkness could never bring me down.   :) Yes, that is my personal opinion... just like you give your own personal opinion all the time... And as for my "snippy" comments Thunter...  are you trying to provoke me?  Thunter Philly Milker be kind to others please... your comments hurt and your darkness scares me... I will continue to use the ignore button unless you post about me... where it will be apt to defend myself and or other comments I strongly agree with... thank you. 

MY darkness?  Come again?  No, I am not trying to provoke you- but I am making the statements I am making based on the statements you have made.  Such as these below...

Wow what a bunch of depressing crap... lots of other illnesses out there worse than hiv... quit feeling sorry for yourselves.

Hey Lostboy... whats your problem? Steve was just defending his comments.  Get a life.

THOSE are the kind of "comments that hurt", sunzidog. 

EDIT:  And those aren't even including the rather rude tones you've taken with the mods here as well.  Such as:

Lots of scientists on this website... thanks again.  Great moderator work Ann.

or

Thats delightful thanks... keep up the good research.
   (addressed to Jonathan)

In fact, it would appear that about 3/4 of the few posts you have made on this site have been rather hateful comments to both mods and other members.  I don't see you being in much of a position to advise me on how to post.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 02:26:56 am by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline powerpuff

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 04:04:16 am »
thank you for the attachment, i was looking for it myself. sunsidog thank god you found it! thanks for the link i had a hard time finding it!!!!
I didn't mean to cause a debate i was just posting new reasearch! i want to live!!!]
This is real reasearch on breakthrough b treatments on hiv using zinc fingers to block ccr5 therefore making one a long term progressor . so far it has worked and onto human trials in 2007!!!!!!I read the welcome thread it is for hiv pos, friends and caregivers/ this thread is on research i believe this is real breakthriough research! I am poz and also work in health care don't i qualify?

Offline powerpuff

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 04:12:15 am »

Offline powerpuff

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 04:15:40 am »
true they don't talk about going tropic? but usually that doesn't happen till later.

Offline powerpuff

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 04:20:35 am »
poz guy, yeah i think it basically slows it down by blocking with out meds permanenly not like that marvaric drug you wer on.  did you say you went tropic i don't know if it will work then you could contact sangamo offices and find ou how the trials are starting 2007

Offline Tempeboy

• Like St Francis of Assisi I am wedded to Poverty
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 04:44:30 am »
But they don't talk about, unless I missed it, they don't talk about changing tropism...from CCR5 to CCRX...which is what happened to me when I was on a study for maraviroc...I am wondering if they will address that issue later in their research?

Hey 75,

It seems as if the theory here is to modify the genes of CD4's to prevent the change in tropism from ccr5 to ccrx4, and perhaps even reverse the change.  In theory this would in effect prolong the 'latent' period (the period post seroconversion to pre CD4 depletion) indefinately.  It might also mean that the Maraviroc group of drugs could be used by more people, and perhaps even as monotherapy.

This is even more exiting considering a new drug in early research presented at IAS.  In the same group as Maraviroc, it is given as an injection every 2 weeks, reducing viral load to undetectable (below 50) and resultant improvement in CD4 counts in DAYS rather than weeks/months.

http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/PRO140_HIV_Entry_2021_12672.shtml

Early days - but exciting news.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 04:54:01 am by Tempeboy »
Roughly roundabout somewhere in the eighteenth or nineteenth century, Sodomite begat Homosexual out of moral, medical and legal models, bequeathing him Identity, who inbred with Nuclear Family and Industrialism to spawn Homophobia.

Dean Kiley

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 07:26:50 am »
I am poz and also work in health care don't i qualify?

Yet you continue to evade posting your numbers or how and when your positive status was confirmed.

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2007, 09:45:46 am »

Sunzidog -- I am the founder of this website.  You may not respect our forum moderators yet, but you are going to have to pretend you do, or you won't last another day here.  The only way we can keep these huge forums running somewhat smoothly is to make it clear to our members that when a moderator warns a member about his/her postings, that member can not be allowed to insult the integrity of our hardworking team of moderators.  If you have a problem with how a moderator is doing their job, please use the private message (PM) system to try to come to an understanding.

Consider yourself warned.  And if you have a problem with this warning, take it up with me via PM.  If you attempt to hijack this thread by questioning the validity of this warning publically, you will be given a Time-Out.

Peter Staley

Offline powerpuff

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2007, 11:44:48 am »
i attached a link as requested the company is in california, Sangamo biosciences, i think this will be working out great for fast progressors to slow the disease hopefully in my opinion. i hope???
peter is this sufficient ? i'm not too computer literate about attachments. it's a short read.I am under the right heading right?

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2007, 07:17:16 pm »
Hey 75,

It seems as if the theory here is to modify the genes of CD4's to prevent the change in tropism from ccr5 to ccrx4, and perhaps even reverse the change.  In theory this would in effect prolong the 'latent' period (the period post seroconversion to pre CD4 depletion) indefinately.  It might also mean that the Maraviroc group of drugs could be used by more people, and perhaps even as monotherapy.

This is even more exiting considering a new drug in early research presented at IAS.  In the same group as Maraviroc, it is given as an injection every 2 weeks, reducing viral load to undetectable (below 50) and resultant improvement in CD4 counts in DAYS rather than weeks/months.

http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/PRO140_HIV_Entry_2021_12672.shtml

Early days - but exciting news.

This is pretty exciting indeed! Thanks for the post...helps if READ the damn thing and not just skim through. Pretty exciting stuff...I will need to keep my ear to the ground on this one...
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline powerpuff

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2007, 02:57:46 am »
i hope this helped. and gives  everyone hope. it seems promising and new. i will hope to update

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.