Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:05:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 354
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 295
Total: 296

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: nervous@need help  (Read 3676 times)

Offline Nervous40

nervous@need help
« on: April 24, 2007, 03:44:24 am »
Thank you everyone here in this forum for helping others to go through hard time we all have it some times in our lives, and sorry for my english its not my mother tongue. To make my story short  im married man for over 14 years, never had sex out of marriage, all i knew in this life is work to home and home to work.  3 weeks ago i deciede to go out and have a drink in a bar ,met that lady, talked for 30 min, offred me to go with her in her house, i was so drunk, we ended up having sex, she gave me Unprotected oral for 30 min then i insist to have condom on for intercourse, she said she doesnt really care about condoms??? i asked her what  if i have any std or hiv , she said she will take the risk??? Anyhow we had sex with condom which it covered 1/3 of my pines. after we finshed i felt so guilty, week after i got drunk and i only wanted to see her to ask if shes ok, i mean if she has or had anything wrong with her health like hiv or std but stupied me ended up having sex with her again protected sex of course but... the intercourse last 5 min i felt she is so wet, i withdraw and found alot of blood on the condom and on my public hair and scrotum which i got pimple there plus i shaved my scrotum the day before and i had all kind of small cuts, wasnt bleeding but was still there.her blood coverd all that area, i asked  what is that, she said it was her last day of her monthly thing, i was shocked, the condom  that was covered my penis all the way but still shocked from seening the blood all over specially on my scrotum with the pimple and the cuts i have . again my cuts wasnt bleeding( but who knows maybe bleeded from the contact) in the end that lady told me she cannot live without sex everyday in her life and she goes to different sex parties every week and she have 10 men at least in each of this sex parties.
OG i feel so so bad that i involved my self in such thing, since then i stopped drinking at all, i hate my self and my life, i cannot touch my wife anymore. scared to death, cannot do my work as i used to, alot of people at work asked me what happened, why i changed. i just cannot consentrate onmy life anymore.i cannot think or do anything, i wake up thinking about that and hardly sleep. pls pls i need advice ..what is my chance to be infected???? should i stop sleeping with my wife forever???? what now??? waiting to hear from you .should i get tested??? should i go on with my life???? in that consider a High risk??? low Risk?? And YES i used latex condoms both times. what about the pimple? what about the cuts??? Thanks again
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 04:38:27 am by Nervous40 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: nervous@need help
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 04:11:51 am »
Nervous,

You used a condom and therefore had no risk for hiv infection. The pimples and cuts don't matter - what does matter is that the head of your penis was covered by the condom. Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv infection.

And just in case you're wondering, getting a blowjob isn't a risk for hiv infection either.

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is only transmitted in a few, very specific ways. Cuts and/or pimples on your scrotum isn't one of them, regardless of the presence of menstrual blood. We see men here all the time with the same concern and none of them ever test positive. You won't either.

You feel guilty because you strayed - but hiv isn't a punishment and it's not going to happen to you just because you had sex with someone who isn't your wife. You did the right thing and used a condom, so you were protected. Don't let your guilt tell you otherwise.

No risk, no need to test for hiv over these incidents.

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Nervous40

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 04:22:55 am »
Ann,
OMG that was really fast reply, thanx a millions even Millions not enough for you, I just wanna say i never did anything out of marriage which my wife and I went for test before we got married and we both Neg, Its alcohol and the normal stress everyday who push us to unknown.
It was one mistake in my life, if i do it everyday i would accept to get anything but it was ONE mistake I love my wife, and i really regret what i did. i had this pimple and as i said due to the shaving thing i had something like ingrowing hair from before on my scrotum like warts with blood on them they dont hurt and i never cared about them untill that happened. is that broken skin? whatever.... do u think i can get infected through that??? if one of them was opened?? Thanx again ann , believe me you r an angel
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 04:25:19 am by Nervous40 »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 07:01:55 am »
You did not have a risk and you don't have to worry about a pimple on your bag.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 07:38:08 am »
As you have already been told you were not at risk for HIV during these incidents. The important thing is that you had a condom on.

There's no need for HIV testing nor for further concern.

What you're left with is the anxiety and guilt for having strayed. You're a dog like the rest of us. You can't undo that bit of your personal history. It's no tribute to your finer character for you to torture yourself about it now. Take a breath, let it go and get on with your life. That's the best thing you can do for yourself and your wife. Stop indulging in this drama. No kidding.

And avoid excessive drinking in the future. It never leads to anything good.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline xyahka

• Dance together!! aha!! aha!! I like it!!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 08:59:05 pm »
Hi, i agree with Andy, you are not in risk, so give yourself a rest.

I know how human being are (cause i am one of them...) and it is very possible you will fall again, it happened to me... just remember some things... always play safe, and check things out before getting in!!! (if you know what i mean).

Other thing that will help you out a lot, is to learn more about hiv, i know now you know you are not in risk of infection you might think...hiv? learn more? no way!! i want to forget about it!!! Well, that was my attitude several times when i was healthy and now i am here.

What i mean to say is... listen... the best way to prevent hiv is to know how it works and how it happens, the best you know your enemy, the best chances you have to win the battle. Plus, remember this... hiv is widely spread, knowing more about it and sharing that knowledge with others will help you and help them to stay safe... and will burn your fears away.

Good luck and remember, this is not a punishment from above... this is a serious illness that can happen to anyone, like cancer for instance... if you could prevent cancer.. i am sure you would take measures to do so right? Do same with Hiv. That's all
13/03/07 1er diagnóstico /Peso: 79kg
19/04/07 CD4: 494 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 80kg
19/07/07 CD4: 659 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79.5kg
06/03/08 CD4: 573 (después de meses muy deprimido) /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79kg
17/09/08 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 84Kg
06/02/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 85Kg /HCV: Neg /HBV: Neg.
07/03/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg / Gym 3días/semana y Natación 2días/semana.
12/05/09 CD4: 470 /Cviral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg.
08/07/09 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 77Kg.
09/12/09 CD4: 510 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg. No medicinas aún
10/01/10 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
15/05/10 CD4: 320 /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
01/02/11 CD4: 291 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
05/05/11 CD4: 366 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
27/07/11 CD4: 255 /CViral: 138000 /Peso: 78kg.

Disfrutando y aceptando una nueva vida...

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.