Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 05:11:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

  • Total Members: 31662
  • Latest: msk188
  • Total Posts: 720964
  • Total Topics: 58477
  • Online Today: 294
  • Online Ever: 1421
  • (August 13, 2016, 05:18:44 AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 236
Total: 240


Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

  • Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

  • We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

  • Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Get an easy $30!  (Read 1071 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline allanq

  • Member
  • Posts: 705
  • still life with pills
Get an easy $30!
« on: March 23, 2007, 09:08:24 PM »
Here's an item I found in today's New York Times. Note that you can collect the $30 refund even if you don't need to file a tax return!


This year only, the I.R.S. is refunding a 3 percent federal excise tax that was collected on long-distance phone calls that should not have been collected. You can expect to receive $30 to $60 back, maybe more.

But the I.R.S. has noticed that among the early filers, 30 percent have not asked for it. It is free money, something you do not get from the government very often. It would be a shame to miss it.

You can file for the standard refund, $30 for a single taxpayer and up to $60 depending on the number of dependents you claim you support. If you are using tax software or paying a preparer who uses the software, it will automatically add the refund.

But you are entitled to more if you can prove your claim. If you think it is worth your time and you kept your phone bills from March 2003 through July 2006, tally up any excise tax on long-distance calls. Maggie Doedtman, manager of advice delivery at H&R Block, said you might have to search on the bill for the right charge. “Sometimes it is not that obvious,” she said. Look for the words “federal excise tax” or “FET” Then you’ll have to fill out an additional form, 8913. Be sure to also tally up the excise tax on long-distance calls on your family’s cellphones or VoIP phones as well. It all counts.

Even those people who do not need to file a tax return, like retirees or students, can claim the refund with a 1040EZ-T, a form that is downloadable from the I.R.S. Website. Mr. Hewitt of Liberty Tax said he did not expect the I.R.S. to spend a lot of money auditing those returns.

Top (Breakfast): Prezista, Norvir, Isentress, Zoloft (2), Glyburide (2), Aspirin
Bottom right (Dinner): Prezista, Norvir, Isentress
Bottom left (Bedtime): Sustiva, Trazodone (2), Lipitor, Septra (no longer taking this)
Center: Alprazolam (Xanax)
Not shown: various vitamins & supplements


Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2017 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.