Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:58:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 370
Total: 370

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: need rational backup  (Read 9177 times)

Offline jjhelpme

need rational backup
« on: March 08, 2007, 09:55:38 pm »
I received a lap dance from a stripper.  I groped her nipples a bit, they were pierced.  I also grabbed her ass.  She was wearing a g-string.  I don't have any broken skin on my hands that I can see.  She got her chest pretty close to my face but a didn't touch her with my mouth.  My face and head were a little sweaty.  She ground into me enough to cause me to ejaculate in my jeans.  Am I in any danger of an STD?  Does any of this make sense?

Offline scared1111

Re: need rational backup
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 10:50:56 pm »
i know I'm no position to give anyone advice but even i could say that you didn't have no risk

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 10:56:02 pm »
Nope, no risk.
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline Central79

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 05:28:03 am »
No risk. Take 5 minutes to read the welcome thread and the HIV transmission lessons:

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=220.0

Believe me, it's worth it.

Matt.
Diagnosed January 2006
26/1/06 - 860 (22%), VL > 500,000
24/4/06 - 820 (24.6%), VL 158,000
13/7/06 - 840 (22%), VL 268,000
1/11/06 - 680 (21%), VL 93,100
29/1/07 - 1,020 (27.5%), VL 46,500
15/5/07 - 1,140 (22.8%), VL not done.
13/10/07 - 759 (23.2%), VL 170,000
6/11/07 - 630 (25%), VL 19,324
14/1/08 - 650 (21%), VL 16,192
15/4/08 - 590 (21%), VL 40, 832

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 07:30:42 am »
scared,

That's correct, you are in no position to give advice on this forum. Please keep all your additional thoughts or comments in your OWN thread, please. And make sure you read the forum posting guidelines in our Welcome Thread. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 07:35:26 am »
jj,

Hiv is not spread through casual contact, it's primarily spread through unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Make sure you use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline jjhelpme

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 08:21:47 pm »
Do I need to test over this incident?  I groped her buttocks and breasts.  I never saw and blood, nor any breaks in the skin on my hands.  My head was sweaty and I had some shaving nicks on my neck.  As far as I remember her chest only brushed by my face.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 08:48:46 pm »
Start reading your replies you are given, instead of asking more questions. Ann gave you the answers in her reply to you.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 09:51:55 pm »
JJ, the only real risk in what you have reported is that it makes clear how unknowing you are about HIV transmission as well as STDs in general.

Aside from getting some messy shorts and sploogy jeans nothing you did put you at risk for HIV nor for any other STD. Stop coming up with more totally irrelevant questions and get busy reading the lessons on Transmission and Testing. You'll get all the basics about HIV there.

It seems to me that you're probably fairly inexperienced sexually. If I am right about that, exploring things sexually is both exciting and it also can be very anxiety provoking. Follow what the lesson says about HIV prevention.

There is absolutely no need for HIV testing nor for further concern on your part about this incident.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline jjhelpme

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 05:24:10 pm »
It's been about 12 days since the incident at the strip club.  I've had a sore throat and some aches in my armpits.  I'm really scared.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 05:31:01 pm »
Yah, yah, yah.

And if you had read the lesson on transmission you'd have gotten that neither the presence nor the absence of symptoms is ever the way to know about your HIV status when you've had a genuine risk like unprotected intercourse.

But you haven't had such a risk or any risk at all actually. Discuss your symptoms with your doctor. Feelings aren't facts and your symptoms have absolutely nothing to do with HIV.

Really.
Andy Velez

Offline jjhelpme

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 08:16:08 am »
I have read the transmission lessons and want to believe that everything is OK, but the hotline I called in Alabama (here on business) told me that what happened was a high risk exposure. 

I was clothed for the lap dance.  She was wering a g-string.  I fondled her but and nipples (which were pierced).  I never saw any blood or other fluids.  I did ejaculate in my jeans.

How can there still be conflicting info at this point?

Do I have any risk?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 08:42:45 am »
Well, if you keep allowing your anxiety to rule the day and keep on sussing out other sources, believe me you are going to get people to tell you incorrect stuff to feed your worst fears.

For someone to tell you that you were at high risk is absolutely ludicrous. I can only shake my head at such nonsense.

We've given you the real deal. You were absolutely not at risk. As far as I am concerned this really about the circumstances of the incident and your feelings about that. There was in no way any risk of HIV in that situation, but shame and anxiety which guys often feel about sexual situations, well that's another story altogether.

Andy Velez

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 11:47:37 am »
I concur with Andy on this one.  Anyone who told you this was even a small risk should be canned.  I lapdance fully clothed is NOT a risk for HIV transmission.

No way no how do you need to test over that.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline jjhelpme

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2007, 11:46:42 pm »
Oh god, please help me.  It's been about 2 1/2 weeks since the incident. For the past few days, I've had a continued sense of urgency after urination.  I'm scared to death.  Am I doing this to myself?  Various sources have told me thee was no risk.  I don't know what to do.  How can I get an STD through my jeans and underwear?  What is wrong with me? 

Offline md

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 02:42:16 am »
Please re-read the answers which you have already been given.

You were at no risk for HIV (or anything else) from the incident that you described.

You did not get HIV or any other STD as a result of that incident.

Offline jjhelpme

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 12:45:07 pm »
I know this is a late reply to what many of you consider a dead topic, but please, I beg you to be patient.  To review, I had a clothed lapdance from a stripper early-March.  At the time I was on a temporary duty assignment and away from home.  I ejaculated in my jeans.  I never removed any of my clothing and the stripper was wearing a g-string.  I fondeled here bare nipples with my hands a bit (they were pierced).  At the time I noticed no fluid other that my sweat, and did not see any open cuts on my hands.  I got kind of freaked out and posted here, then I calmed down.  I had one instance of unprotected sex with my wife three weeks after the sripper incident. I thought everything was ok.  I then went on to training for an Iraq deployment and was away from home for 7 weeks.  During this time I received an HIV test which I assume was negative (since I'm in Iraq right now), the test was between 5 and 6 weeks after the lapdance.  At the end of the 7 weeks I went home on a four day pass before leaving the country.  I had unprotected sex with my wife 4 times.  It has now been 16 days since the end of the pass and my wife has told me she has got poison ivy.  She said she was pulling weeds a couple of days ago and thinks she got it on her hand, but she now has a rash on her chest scalp around the hairline, under her eyes and across her nose.  She also said she had diahrea and felt feverish last night.  I'm 5000 miles away and scared to death.  Could she have ARS/HIV.  I didn't think it was possible but her description of the rash and locations is so similar to what I've read about here http://www.patients.uptodate.com/topic.asp?file=hiv_aids/4460 and I don't know how poison ivy could have spread to so many places.  I need help.

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 01:46:56 pm »
Poison Ivy is spread very easily by touch, not like HIV which requires unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse for transmission. You did not have unprotected sex with the stripper (and you don't mention having shared IV drug equipment with her so I didn't even mention that potential cause), so you could not have infected your wife.

Sometimes a rash has very prosaic origins. Poison Ivy is a perfectly reasonable explanation to the issue. HIV is not. It's not even a remote possibility.

Brent
(Who hopes JJ is OK in Iraq)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline jjhelpme

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 08:28:21 pm »
Can anyone else chime in on this.  I'm still petrified.  I can't think straight.  Could I have gotten HIV from a lapdance? 

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 09:13:14 pm »
Reread the replies that you have been given.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2007, 06:25:08 am »
jj,

Not one single person has EVER become infected through a lapdance and you certainly will not be the first. As Rodney suggested, re-read this thread as well as the Transmission Lesson. Hiv is not spread through casual contact and that is exactly what how a lapdance would be described.

NO RISK.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline jjhelpme

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 08:48:53 pm »
I want to believe you but I;m still scared.  I have no testing options here in Iraq that won't raise serious military complications, at least I don't think I do.  Would a home test be adequate?  Would the samples I sent in survive a mail-transit time possibly as long as 14 days and still be usable?  I can't find any good info.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 08:51:36 pm »
JJ,

You don't need to fuss about serious military complications because you don't need to test. Nevertheless if you insist on having one of the home-type tests you should speak to the relevant test provider about the conditions under which the samples must be transported.

That said, you DON'T NEED TO TEST because YOU DIDN'T HAVE A RISK.

Ya dig?

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2007, 05:04:54 am »
jj,

Believe me, if you had a risk we'd tell you and we would be insisting you test. We aren't in the business of letting infections slip through the net. We are in the business of stopping this pandemic, not adding to it.

I'm wondering if you aren't focusing on this incident as a way of avoiding thinking about the other, very real, dangers you are facing on a daily basis in Iraq. Please don't let this non-issue (the lap-dance) distract you when you need to be keeping your wits about you.

Stop worrying about the lap dance - and take care of yourself. We want you and your mates home in one piece.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.