Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:46:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 356
Total: 359

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Foot Injury ouch!  (Read 4449 times)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
Foot Injury ouch!
« on: January 17, 2012, 05:16:58 pm »
As some of you know I sprained my knee on Christmas day playing Wipeout on Xbox. I just got off the crutches last week.

Last night I was playing with Bappy MattMatt and he got under my feet as I was running and I tripped and smashed my foot into a door jamb. I think I broke my little toe and the one next to it. I cant move them.

The pain is unbelievable, seriously i cannot get over how bad it hurts. I'll take a twisted knee anyday over this. Luckily I still have Tramadol and Hydrocodone left over from the knee injury, and when I am jacked up on those the pain is bearable. But last night was horrible, even the pressure of a blanket or sheet on that foot is painful, so I had to figure out a way to stay covered up but still have my foot sticking out. 

I have a follow up appt about my knee tomorrow so I will now be able to present him with some broken toes  :P

Today, for the first time ever in my life I rode one of those Hoverrounds at the grocery store. It wasnt pretty. I will never make fun of those hoverround people ever again, well that is unless they are fat and wearing polyester. Those carts are tough to master. I knocked over a display of toilet paper, got wedged between 2 other grocery carts on the bread aisle (the throttle got stuck), and then repeatedly ran into the counter at checkout and the whole time the cutie behind the counter was just staring at me in disbelief.

I need a husband to do all these errands for me when im injured.

-Will (Hop Along Will)

Edit: to her Annship- you'll prolly want to move this over to OT. sorry. Although I guess if I blamed the meds for my injury I could say it was HIV related.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:19:26 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Foot Injury ouch!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 05:29:46 pm »
Mary please. It's 3 months past my foot surgery and I'm still in physical therapy -- have you heard me complain? That said, I don't know what Wipeout and Bappy Mattmatt are but I guess when you date 16 year olds you're bound to adopt juvenile behavior yourself. Common sense dictates that if you become injured from one gaming transgression that you not indulge in another, but then common sense was never the forte of any Texan.

Be that as it may, I duly send my heartfelt condolences to your possibly fractured toe(s) and perhaps you should have it x-rayed, though from personal experience I will add that a hairline fracture has to usually heal on its own.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 05:35:43 pm »
Mary please. It's 3 months past my foot surgery and I'm still in physical therapy -- have you heard me complain?

I seem to remember some gruesome post op Barney Rubble foot pictars that you posted, at least I am not resorting to that  ::)

« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:39:08 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 05:39:04 pm »
I seem to remember some gruesome post op Barney Rubble foot pictars that you posted, at least I am not resorting to that  8)

Like this?

Basically I've now concluded that I am maimed for life and undoubtedly it will be doubly worse once the other foot is done.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 06:22:09 pm »
Sorry to hear of how clumsy you are.  Small toes generally have to heal on their own, but you could try taping them to your middle toe, to help keep them stationary.  Other than that, I think you are pretty well screwed.  ;D

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 06:24:30 pm »
Wumpy,

you are a walking accident!!  Don't think we are going to be carrying your ass from burger joint to buger joint in DC.  Stop playing games -- your aging body can't handle it!!

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain -- glad you have some chemistry to help you out though!

Hugs,
M

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 06:40:03 pm »
Those carts are tough to master. I knocked over a display of toilet paper, got wedged between 2 other grocery carts on the bread aisle (the throttle got stuck), and then repeatedly ran into the counter at checkout and the whole time the cutie behind the counter was just staring at me in disbelief.

I need a husband to do all these errands for me when im injured.

-Will (Hop Along Will)

I literally could not stop laughing imagining you in an out of control old folks cart trying to look sexy for the high schooler working his after school job.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 08:20:55 pm »
Is this an excuse to keep taking those pain pills?   ;)

In all seriousness, I hope you feel better soon.  Man, that sounds incredibly painful.  I'm glad the meds give you some relief.  I rode those scooters in stores after back surgery and would get dirty looks, like I was just riding them for fun and taking them away from others. 

Take care!

Offline ds4146

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 09:56:56 pm »
Thank you for the image and the laugh and the wine now on the floor! You are a wreck! Lay off the "fat" food and you might be more agile. Funnyyy!

Offline camille07

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 06:50:01 am »
Sorry Willy, I had knee surgery many years ago, and it pops out from time to time, causing extreme pain for a week.    Hang in there...stay off the xbox!

Miss P, your foot looks exactly like mine!  Was it not the worst pain you've ever experienced.  Next Saturday, I'll be three months in too, and I'm still wearing a massive boot.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 07:35:17 am »
I can't help but think that knocking over a toilet roll display was something of a Freudian slip. What a klutz. Funny story - but I could have done without spraying coffee on my netbook.

I've moved the thread. Guess you're able to navigate the forum about as well as you can navigate in a grocery store. Klutz!

Sorry to hear about your toes though. I broke one of my toes as a kid while getting out of a swimming pool. I was in the shallow end and threw my leg up to the edge, as agile kids will do, and kicked it instead of clearing it. Damn near drowned from the shock of how painful it was. Joe is right - about the only thing you can do is tape them up and wait it out. Screwed.

You have my sympathy, even if you are a klutz.

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 07:58:25 am »
Sorry about your toes Willy . Was this an assignation attempt by your cat ?   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 06:54:00 pm »
Oh laugh it up everyone (especially you Heckraiser). Karma is a bitch  :P 

Ok so Doc says toes probably are not broke, just sprained and bruised. Apparently he can tell this by just feeling around on them? He said if pain doesnt start going away in a few days that he would Xray. He confirmed there is really not much to do for a broken pinky toes (as yall said). Swelling has gone down enough to put a shoe on, and he gave me 7 more days of pain pills, so I am happy.

And the patrons at the store should be happy that I will be back to normal shortly

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline wolfter

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 08:17:25 am »
Sorry about your incident, but I'm still smiling thinking about the grocery scooter.  Here in the fat state of Ohio, most stores have more of those scooters than carts.  I noticed the last time I was at the store, they added a new one to accommodate the super sized patrons.  It takes the entire width of the aisle.

Take care
Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 05:44:48 pm »
I noticed the last time I was at the store, they added a new one to accommodate the super sized patrons.  It takes the entire width of the aisle.

Im sure its jsut a matter of time until we have those here. I think SA is the second fattest city in the US, or somehwere in the top 5.

The cart I used was pretty big, the seat just swallowed up my small ass. Most of the people using the cart here are severly obese. Its kinda rare to see a skinny person on them. My aunt is one of the worst offenders. Her rotund whale bottom hangs over the sides of the seat and the basket part is always filled with cookies and sweet rolls  :-\ she's not handicapped per se, but due to her weight she has a hard time walking for any lenght of time. sigh.

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 06:55:10 pm »
Sorry about your incident, but I'm still smiling thinking about the grocery scooter.  Here in the fat state of Ohio, most stores have more of those scooters than carts.  I noticed the last time I was at the store, they added a new one to accommodate the super sized patrons.  It takes the entire width of the aisle.

Take care
Wolfie

Of course they want to accommodate those people, can you imagine how many groceries they buy?  Daaaamn son.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 07:14:36 pm »
We don't don't have fat people here in ABQ, everyone here is nice & slender and has skin like leather ( I live in the desert if you much know) no one here is fat, not even old people like me  ;D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 07:16:38 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.