Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:30:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 492
Total: 493

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Closeted gay in non sexual rship marriage to woman  (Read 9593 times)

Offline Tryingtocope

Closeted gay in non sexual rship marriage to woman
« on: March 21, 2021, 03:12:59 pm »
Hi everyone.
There are days I want to just die.  I almost didn’t even get tested for HIV. I was concerned about another STI. Based on what I had done with this guy I trusted I thought there was no. Way. But because HIV was part of the testing package I included it. And it was the last result to come back - all else negative but that. Fast forward 6 weeks and I’m two weeks on meds and mortified. Another thing I keep in the closet with me. I’m so ashamed. I want to die many days. So irresponsible and naive. I’m 45 and don’t know how I can keep this manageable and a secret for the rest of my life. But I’ve kept my sexuality mostly a secret. I guess it’s one more thing.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Closeted gay in non sexual rship marriage to woman
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 01:13:13 pm »
Hiya,

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis and the pain you are going through. The news and the idea of living with HIV can be a lot to digest.

Glad to read that you have started treatment. What treatment did you start with, and how is that going? Do you know when you have follow-ups to see if the viral load has reduced?

Regarding keeping it a secret, not sure what you specifically mean, but plenty of people don't advertise, they are living with manageable health conditions. It's just not relevant for most people to know, and I would not see that as keeping secrets.

Are you getting any support through this? Have you let your doctor know how you are feeling?

Best, Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 07:50:58 pm »

ojo.        Hi there!

I’m sorry to hear your situation but, I hope you have told your wife about your dx so she can get check herself for hiv...well, you, as many of us, were naive and irresponsable, the only thing we can do now is to take responsibility and try to be strong, thankfully, depends what part of the world you live, living with hiv is easier, you just have to be disciplined in taking your med/s and keep a good attitude. We all know how difficult is to get such dx, especially in your situation (wife/partner), but, you have to be honest with her so you can start feeling more relaxed and if your wife lives you, and forgives you, you will have support from her...wishing you the best, please keep us posted...you are not alone, you can count on us for the time being...hugs

Offline Tryingtocope

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 12:55:37 am »
Thanks both for replying. I am sorry for being delayed in replying. I just haven’t been able to log back in. Which is selfish of me. I’m just having a hard time.

Thanks for asking a very valid question but I have not told her. We haven’t had any form of sex in 10 years. And while waiting to hopefully reach undetect I ensure there are no accidental cuts in household chores etc.

I’m on biktarvy

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 02:51:51 pm »
I ensure there are no accidental cuts in household chores etc.
don't fret over those kinds of issues. HIV dies quickly after leaving the body, and unless the blood is being injected into someone else, everyday cuts and scrapes do not transmit HIV. ;) :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.