Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:56:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37634
  • Latest: Hope007
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 222
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 185
Total: 185

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I'm new to the forum  (Read 5432 times)

Offline AriesAngel70

I'm new to the forum
« on: June 15, 2006, 10:32:49 pm »
HI everyone,
I've been reading the forum for a few weeks now and thought I should introduce myself. I am not HIV + but have lost a dear friend in April 2005 to AIDS. Currently his partner of 27 years is residing with us for a while till he can get on his feet. More on that at another time.. I am however disabled with illness and have been for 15 years. I share a lot of the same symptoms with smoeone who is HIV+ and have often wondered how in the world I can still test negative when it's so similar to how I feel but thats what the tests read.. In any case. I hope its OK I said hello and I look forward to chatting with everyone.
Hugs
Robyn

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: I'm new to the forum
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 10:46:41 pm »
I am not HIV + but have lost a dear friend in April 2005 to AIDS.

Robyn -sorry to hear about the loss of your friend last year.  his partner's +ve too? if so, you might run across helpful info here to share with him or for you (even though you're neg) or whatever -

the nutrition section is interesting too.
(i wish they'd rename it nutrition & hiv & complementary health)
Alex

Offline AriesAngel70

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 10:55:41 pm »
Robyn -sorry to hear about the loss of your friend last year.  his partner's +ve too? if so, you might run across helpful info here to share with him or for you (even though you're neg) or whatever -

the nutrition section is interesting too.
(i wish they'd rename it nutrition & hiv & complementary health)
Alex

Hi Alex,
Thanks so much for the welcome.. Thankfully no, his partner is Negative.. John fought the battle for over 20 years... It finally grabbed him last year and allthough we knew eventually at some point it may I guess I just always figured he'd beat it.. he had been so close to loosing so many times and always bounced back but it wasn't too be this time...
  He and Philip were my very first friends when I moved to SC a few years back and I feel I was very lucky to have known John for as long as I did and he is sorely missed each day..
  As for myself, right now I'm dealing with a massive yeast problem.. I found thrush a few week ago on my tongue.. I've always had a yeast problem but never this bad.. i've had a swallowing problem for the last 4 yrs which has made me drop to around 86 pounds and then when the thrush showed up I wonder if the swallowing trouble is from that.. Thanks for the tip about the nutrition section I'll check it out soon as I can.. Talk soon :)
Hugs
Robyn

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 12:55:59 am »
Hi! Robyn...  Welcome to the family.  Whether you're infected or affected by HIV, we have all been
touched by this little bug of ours.  I am sorry to hear about your friend who passed away and I hope
the survivoring partner joins us as well.  I lost my baby a year and a half ago and had it not been for this
family, I shiver to think where I might be today.  Your situation is a difficult one...being ill yourself
....but I commend you on helping your friend's surviving partner.    Again WELCOME.......................
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Markmt

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 04:53:45 am »
Welcome to the forum Robyn. Sorry to read of the loss of your friend, and the ailments you are going through. Its great of you to help his partner pull through. Your medical problems must be coming from other sources. What do doctors tell you?,

Take care and hopefully you will find this place helpful,

mark
"Live to love and love to live."

Leo Buscaglia

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 05:15:59 am »
I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend. Welcome to the forum. Hang in there.
Positive since 1985

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 11:24:27 am »
Robyn, please accept my deepest sympathy for your loss. However, you have found a great group of people here, and I for one am glad you found us! Welcome.
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.