Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:46:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 610
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 611
Total: 611

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: WAS I EXPOSED?  (Read 11361 times)

Offline ebu

WAS I EXPOSED?
« on: February 16, 2010, 02:04:34 pm »
hey guys just  i just have a doubt that is keeping me from sleeping, six weeks ago i just went  and did hiv test cuz i had a non protected oral sez about 19 month ago I wanted to to make sure cuz i haven't seen the girl in a while well the point is that the lady who was taking the sample touched a paper or somethins that had blood in it i dont know if i was dried or fresh then after that she took my name and address anyway all the necesary info it was a time frame f about 6 or 7 minutes  then she took the shoot but at the end of the shot she used her hand to sweep away cuz the Alcohol from my forearm and she did not changed the glove,she was a lil bit cutting edge i guess that's why maybe she missed that
my question are if there was blood on her glove and if by a littlle change got stuck in my prick which is a little one a niddle prick,very small is was not bleeding cuz the alchol stopped the bleeling for seconds and then was when happened she did it twice cuz there was a lot of alchol on my forearm,any away my results came as not reactive, do you think it would be anough time for me to discard the possibilty of being infected, or is it mandatory to test 3 or six after a possible exposure, if is 1 and half year after does the antybody disapear? is a negative or non reactive a good sing after a non protected oral sex that happened like i said on may 2008,
i cant stop thinking about what happened with the lady and the glove do you think i shoud get tested again,what if was a lil bit of blood on her glove woud it be enough to get inside my Blood system since the shot was made cuz the alwalys take the shot from a vein,this is driving me crazy it's been six week since that and to know that i have to wait 3 or 6 month to take that off my head torments me,i 've been feeling  headaches,i also had a flue 4 weeks after that,feeling ver tired
i talked to an infectologist who told me that the posibilites of getting infected that way are practically zero,i but i keep thinkin about it all the time
what would you suggest shoud i get the rna or dna pcr or just wait the  13 weeks and try ELISA
plese forgive my english im not a native speaker
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 11:51:08 pm by ebu »

Offline RapidRod

Re: WAS I REALLY EXPOSED?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 03:17:27 pm »
At no time were you at risk.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 03:33:07 pm »
You don't have to do any kind of testing because the incident you're worried about did not put you at risk for HIV. HIV is not transmitted through touching environmental surfaces. HIV is a fragile virus and is not transmitted in that manner.

You have reliably tested negative for HIV for that incident which happened 19 months ago. All you need to protect yourself against HIV transmission from now on is to make sure that you always wear a condom if you are having vaginal or anal intercourse. Those are the only confirmed risks sexually for HIV transmission. Use condoms all the time and you will be well protected.

Now, just get on with your life. 
Andy Velez

Offline ebu

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 03:54:24 pm »
so you think that if there was blood on her glove and it got stuck in the cut?? people say that if you have blood contac with a fresh cut or something it may be a risk, im not saying i has blood conctac i mean i dont even know i just have that feeling i saw her touching somethinf that had blood in it,consisering that that a neddle prick is pretty small you think alchol would be enough to kill the virius if the blood was from a hiv+
again forvime my english im just learning

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 04:00:19 pm »
Once again and for the last time you were never in risk with the situation you've provided.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 04:08:20 pm »
You seem to be listening to your fears and your anxious thoughts and not to what we have told you.

Yes, we got very clearly what you described and NO!, you were not at risk in anyway for HIV. Period. End of story.

We're really not interested in "what other people are saying." We're giving you the real deal based on HIV-science.
Andy Velez

Offline ebu

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 04:11:49 pm »
but how can you be so sure? i know you have a lot of experience in the subject and that the virius dies at open air...but see since it was in a hosptial enviroment that's why im so concern anyway im  goin to get tested this week which is the number 7...i just dont want to be testing every 3 month because this incident i dont want have to get spicological help cuz of this
im very tired

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 04:15:42 pm »
I don't know what else you expect us to say. Right now you're just talking about fears and doubts and not facts based in HIV-science.

Sure you can go ahead and get tested just to collect a negative result. It would a total waste of money and resources of course.

Yours is a totally unfounded fear. Just because you continue to be anxious doesn't mean you had a real risk. And it's not our job to indulge you in going over something that we know wasn't a risk.

If you can't let go this fear then even if you don't want to perhaps it would be worth your while to have some counseling about the issue. We can't help you with that problem in this setting.
Andy Velez

Offline ebu

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 11:37:21 pm »
 so you saying that if pherphsd blood got stuck in the cut (niddle prick) it would be not risk at all?
i thought that was the main reason why people should be worry about at least that what the say online and school,besides non protected sex...
 maybe im not trying to accept my nevagive after 1 and half of my possible risk,i talked to the lab and they told me vih test was of 4th generation and that after 1 yr i should be ok,but i constanly think about it all the time maybe i should see a psicologist or something,,i dont understsnd why is the media full of infomstion and not based on real based

Offline RapidRod

Re: WAS I EXPOSED?
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 05:00:56 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 08:09:10 am »
That's nonsense you picked up from the lab about having to test out to one year. For a long time the CDC has recommended 13 weeks as a valid testing point. The only exceptions for testing out further to 6 months are situations where extensive intravenous drug use are involved or a weakened immune system due to treatment for cancer or having an organ transplant. Otherwise 13 weeks is a reliable and sufficient testing point.

You need to get on with your life. If you continue returning here just because you're anxious you are going to quickly find yourself getting a 28 day Time Out.
Andy Velez

Offline ebu

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 03:14:10 pm »
so you think i should consider my negative of 19 month conclusive you think the other possible risk i was reffering to was not a risk at all?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 03:41:20 pm »
ebu,

You are conclusively hiv negative. Getting a blowjob is not a risk for hiv infection and nothing that happened in the lab was a risk either.

You do not have hiv. It's time to get on with your life.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ebu

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 08:55:21 pm »
it was me who was giving her a blow job does that matter? is that a risky siituation?  you reall think that what happen on the lab was not a risk? i dont undersatand how can you be so sured  ???
cuz i saw the paper and it had blood and she touched it that blood might have been fresh and if it adhered to the glove??? i've also head that the window period can be up to 36 month in some cases is that posible,i have never received chemotherapy or organ transplants, just that  have a problem with my thyroid would that affect the a false negative after 1 and a half yr?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 09:06:45 pm »
You didn't have a risk and the window period is 3 months. End of discussion.

Offline ebu

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 10:53:14 pm »
ok i get i just have the feeling that i have to test again in 6 weeks, it's not i dont belive you guys but this is the only way i can have some peace,i hope the results are negative :-\

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 08:22:19 am »
Fortunately feelings aren't facts. And there is nothing either in the details you are reporting nor in the science of HIV to support any basis for concern about your situation. You can test all you want to and you will just collect negative results.

There really isn't anything more for us to say about this situation. You did not have a risk. Period. Get on with  your life.
Andy Velez

Offline ebu

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 07:18:17 pm »
if im taking anti-depressing drugs could that affect an hiv test in some way?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 07:27:22 pm »
No, anti-depressant drugs have no impact on the validity of an HIV test, whether you had a risk or not.

And you were not at risk. You do not need to test and you will not be permitted to continue asking the same question over and over again.

MtD

Offline ebu

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2010, 09:46:26 pm »
 so you think i was at no risk at all even if the glove might have had blood in and she was kneading my foream to wipe the alchol? you really think i should not go for testing in 13 week?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 02:52:01 am »
ebu,

What part of YOU HAD NO RISK do you not understand?

I'm giving you that time out Rodney warned you about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ebu

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 07:18:35 pm »
 hi im back after my first time out, it's been 10 week of what happen in the lab and 23 month since i had unprotected oral sex i know you said i was never at risk and i ve felt i lil" bit better but still concerned so im goin to wait the 13 weels to do the test again,i also have another doubt i was helping a friend of my to change his guitar string by accidentally  pinched my firger wth one a lil' stick   of them they were too old you think i was at risk if maybe he had the same accident a few hours ago with the same string?
ann i need an answer from you??? :'(

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 07:31:03 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2010, 08:52:23 pm »
More non-risk with that guitar string. Go take your test if you must. There's nothing more we can do for you here.
Andy Velez

Offline ebu

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2010, 11:35:23 pm »
i know you re really expert on the subject i right now im under psychiatric treament(paxil,goval.deocam) cuz i've been having a hardtime this what happen in the lab i think about evrey minutes i have an appoiment for april 6th it will be the 3 month widow period i hope i can get good results i have not had any risk since that day just what happen with the guitar string i even have a partner and i havent had sex since then cuz im afraid of being infected,to be honest i havent been in a relatioship since 2008 im afraid to people i go to work,then i stay home i have records of hypochondiasis since i was a kid and i dont know if it s my mind playing with me or im really sick ANDY to my understanding you are also a psychoanalytic and psychotherapist,what do you suggest me to do the im kinda depending on thoses drugs now, i cant sleep without them,i need to get tested just to rest my mind but i dont think i will get over this even if im positive or nevative
you as a doctor you think i should see an psychotherapis PLEASE DO NOT TIME ME OUT AGAIN i ll try to post less i just need help as a human being
please dont time me out! :-[

Offline ebu

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2010, 10:23:30 pm »
to my understanding anti-deppresant or ant psycotic should not have any impact on a hiv test right?
please answer me ???

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2010, 10:32:10 pm »
YOU WERE NOT AT RISK. YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST.

For the benefit of others who might read this thread, anti-depressants and other similar medications have no effect on the validity of HIV tests.

MtD

Offline ebu

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 11:08:15 pm »
thanks for the info. im goin to test in 2 weeks despite the non risk situations i 've had
i just cant sleep or eat just thinking about it, it's hard o concentrate when you have to go to collage and work my perfomance is decreasing everybody says that im a li' bit different, i just want to put a stop to this.
thanks for your help your answer so fast
god bless you alll

Offline ebu

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2010, 05:38:27 pm »

hi it's me again it's been 91 since what happend in the lab i just went and did a rapid test and it was negative they gave me the results in 20 mins are those test reliable? if something had happend on the lab would 3 month be enough to confirm any nfections? iconsidering that my real risk happed 23 month ago(unprotected oral sex?
would this result be conclusive? i still have a lo of symtoms i dont if its cuz i have stopped taking anti-depressants drungs all of a sudden i really dont like them they make me feel worse
 im seeing a psychotherapist and it's kinda helping me a lot
should i re-test again in more month this driving me crazy, i just wanna let it go once and for all

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2010, 05:49:14 pm »
You need to get some help from a mental health professional for your HIV paranoia.

You were not at risk and you do not need to be tested for HIV. We have explained this to you endlessly and you simply do not listen.

If you had read our Welcome Thread as you've been asked to you'd know that posting repeatedly about non-risk situations can result in a temporary ban from these forums.

So I'm warning you, do not post again about these non risk situations.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2010, 05:56:23 pm »
ebu,

You couldn't get more hiv NEGATIVE. You NEVER had a risk in the first place.

Please keep seeing your mental health doctor. We cannot help you with your hiv anxiety here.

I'm giving you a second time out. Again, do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ebu

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2010, 12:28:59 am »
Thanks to all of you for  answering so fast I just have another question was traveling in public bus there was a lot of people so we were pretty tight and I just felt a little prick like if something had stuck on me I checked and there was no bleeding at all just a li’ scratch, could’ve come from any particularly source I couldn’t tell since everything happen so fast when I got home I put some Alcohol but It didn’t burn or anything my concern is  if probably I got in contact with some hiv infected sharp object  in that manner was there a possibility of infection? :-\

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2010, 12:52:15 am »
Thanks to all of you for  answering so fast I just have another question was traveling in public bus there was a lot of people so we were pretty tight and I just felt a little prick like if something had stuck on me I checked and there was no bleeding at all just a li’ scratch, could’ve come from any particularly source I couldn’t tell since everything happen so fast when I got home I put some Alcohol but It didn’t burn or anything my concern is  if probably I got in contact with some hiv infected sharp object  in that manner was there a possibility of infection? :-\

In the history of the HIV pandemic, no one has ever been infected in the manner you describe. Your irrational fear of HIV is well beyond the scope of these forums. I have flagged your comment for moderator review.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2010, 07:26:07 am »
You don't seem to be listening to what is said to you. Go get yourself some professional help to deal with your unwarranted fears about HIV.

We cannot help you with that in this setting.

But I will tell you that if you return again with more of your what if scenarios you are going to be permanently banned from the site. Consider yourself warned.
Andy Velez

Offline ebu

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2010, 10:43:20 pm »
im sorry i never tried to irritate you guys im just concerned about it,there so much infomation about hiv outthre some doctors and specialist say hiv may be transmitted through oral sex, people with negative results after 6 month getting symptoms ,there a lot of people there freakin out cuz of this it's so hard live like this...... this seems to be the only decease with non specify way of transmition :-\ :-\ :-\
thanks for your support ann,andy :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 11:22:50 pm by ebu »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2010, 08:08:25 am »
Get yourself professional help. We can't do that for you in this setting. The warning about being banned if you continue to return about non-risks still stands.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.